Area(s) of Improvement for 2009 season

Especially Asante. I don't see how someone can get beat so many times and still play!!

In all fairness to Asante, the whole freakin' secondary got beat numerous times and still played.

While Asante did make his fair share of mistakes, so did everyone else. Our pass defense was horrendous in '08, giving up too many big-time plays. This needs to be cut down alot if we want to compete with the Big 12 pass happy offenses.

Especially Asante. I don't see how someone can get beat so many times and still play!!

In all fairness to Asante, the whole freakin' secondary got beat numerous times and still played.

While Asante did make his fair share of mistakes, so did everyone else. Our pass defense was horrendous in '08, giving up too many big-time plays. This needs to be cut down alot if we want to compete with the Big 12 pass happy offenses.

Very true, his play or lackthereof just sticks out the most in my mind.

But I think we both agree the secondary needs to improve drastically. I'm sure Bo and Carl already have that on their list though!!

Very true, his play or lackthereof just sticks out the most in my mind.

But I think we both agree the secondary needs to improve drastically. I'm sure Bo and Carl already have that on their list though!!

I hope it improves drastically. I was getting tired of holding my breath every time the ball was heaved downfield.

Better cornerback and safety play.

You can't put that all on Asante. Just because he was the closest player to the receiver doesn't always mean it was his fault. (ex. if he has is covering the over and the corner is supposed to have the under . . . and the corner isn't where he is supposed to be . . .)

It's easy to blame the safeties (and sometimes they deserve that blame) but just because they are the closest to the open receiver doesn't necessarily mean that they are the player who erred.

I agree with those who think Asante needs to improve. I'm hoping with a dominant D-line that'll make the secondary that much better, but in my opinion his dropped INT cost us the Texas Tech game.

Okay...Asante isn't the ONLY one that needs to improve in the secondary. The WHOLE secondary needs to improve. I didn't see too much out of any of them in 2008.