SEC Fan's Husker Preview

I agree that 8-4 is likely this year. I disagree with a lot of his reasoning, though, and I very much disagree that Texas Tech isn't likely to be in the top 25 when we play them. Kansas and Missouri definitely have a chance to be ranked when we play (especially Missouri - it's the first conference game!).

Does Missouri open with Illinois this year. If so we will have an idea of what the Tigers bring to the table this year.

I realy do not see them ranked, but I do see tham as dangerous in Columbia.

Kansas will be the toughest by far in our division. We have had problems in Lawrence and can expect a team very ready to play.

I also agree that Texas Tech will be the same team they have been since the conference started. Very capable of winning anywhere. Leach has a QB that is ready to play, trust me.

Does Missouri open with Illinois this year. If so we will have an idea of what the Tigers bring to the table this year.

Kansas will be the toughest by far in our division. We have had problems in Lawrence and can expect a team very ready to play.

I also agree that Texas Tech will be the same team they have been since the conference started. Very capable of winning anywhere. Leach has a QB that is ready to play, trust me.

yes they open with Illinois, also play a pretty good Nevada team on the road.

This is the last time they're doing this series, right? Or is that next year? That was a fun bunch of games to watch - I'll be sad to see them end.

This is the last time they're doing this series, right? Or is that next year? That was a fun bunch of games to watch - I'll be sad to see them end.

next year (2010) is the last one. They may start it up again, but it will be home and home, no more neutral site. It has been hurting Ill. They used to own STL over MU, but after losing 4 straight there its pretty even, maybe even a slight edge to MU now recruiting that area. I cant say I blame them for wanting out, if it was the other way around I would probably feel the same.

I agree that 8-4 is likely this year. I disagree with a lot of his reasoning, though, and I very much disagree that Texas Tech isn't likely to be in the top 25 when we play them. Kansas and Missouri definitely have a chance to be ranked when we play (especially Missouri - it's the first conference game!).

I wouldn't be surprised if Missou was 2-2 by the time we meet up with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Missou was 2-2 by the time we meet up with them.

Eh. That is possible, but I'd put the odds of that about the same as Nebraska being 2-2 when we play. Illinois and Nevada don't scare me too much if I'm Missouri. They certainly warrant Missouri's full attention, but Nevada isn't going to be much worse than any of our non-cons besides VA Tech, and Illinois has lost the last four to Missouri.

i think nevada could beat you, chris ault is a good coach out there.

i think nevada could beat you, chris ault is a good coach out there.

It could happen. A Friday night primetime ESPN game. MU might lose, its hard to say at this point, But MU did easily walk over Nevada last year. They do have some really solid players and one hell of a QB, but their defense was god awful against us. Every player we had was faster than theirs and that includes all of our backups. I think Mu will still win but it will be alot closer than last years 69-17 game

It could happen. A Friday night primetime ESPN game. MU might lose, its hard to say at this point, But MU did easily walk over Nevada last year. They do have some really solid players and one hell of a QB, but their defense was god awful against us. Every player we had was faster than theirs and that includes all of our backups. I think Mu will still win but it will be alot closer than last years 69-17 game

As long as Jake Plummer isn't their QB, you're gold.