XBOX 360 ring of death - towel trick

Anyone hear about this trick to fix their xbox 360 when the ring of death appears? I was about to head to the store last night and buy a new 360 when I was bored on youtube and saw the towel trick that I had heard about before? Wrapped my xbox up in towels and left it turned on for 20 min. Then let it cool back down for about a half hour. Ring of death gone and it works great now again. Not sure how long it will last, sounds like each xbox is different. Never believed it would work, but it saved me a couple hundred bucks...at least for now. Who else has tried this?? If you get the ring of death, don't throw your xbox out. Give this a try first at least.

This is one reason why I would never get a 360 ever again......THE RING OF DEATH.

The first time I bought the 360 was at a Wal-Mart and I got NCAA College Football 07. Took it home hooked it up and started playing. After the first quarter the game frooze and I rebooted the system. Played again and again after the 1st quarter the game frooze. I scratched my head and ejected out the game and looked to see if there were any scratches and of course there wasn't. Put the game back in and made it to the 2nd quarter and it frooze after the second quarter and then the Red Ring of Death appeared. Packed up the 360 took it back within an 1 1/2 and got a new one with no problems for another 2 years.

Sadly I only got the 360 for Halo 3 and Gears of War.

I bought mine used 2 years ago and it is one of the old models. Still alive and kicking. I would send it in, but I didn't buy it new and don't have a warranty. Guess I'll keep my hopes up that the towel trick works more than once. :thumbs

If your 360 has the RROD, Xbox will fix it for free. They gave everyone an extra warranty of like 3 years back in 2007.

red rings should get you a replacement from MS. Granted it will be a referb...

Most of the time its your same unit fixed.

depends on who you read. I dont know from firsthand, I'm a PS3 guy

and I am unfortunately a first hand guy. (3 times :LOLtartar)

Never seen it be the same one... got mine once.. a friend 3 times.. and two other friends once.. never been the same.. But yea they will fix it for free unless its been tampered with.. also.. If you look on ebay they have systems only on there... no power cord etc.. relatively cheap..

red rings should get you a replacement from MS. Granted it will be a referb...

Most of the time its your same unit fixed.

depends on who you read. I dont know from firsthand, I'm a PS3 guy

and I am unfortunately a first hand guy. (3 times :LOLtartar)

Never seen it be the same one... got mine once.. a friend 3 times.. and two other friends once.. never been the same.. But yea they will fix it for free unless its been tampered with.. also.. If you look on ebay they have systems only on there... no power cord etc.. relatively cheap..

4 people 6 RMAs, just wow. No kidding highest failure rate of any console...sheesh

Anyone hear about this trick to fix their xbox 360 when the ring of death appears? I was about to head to the store last night and buy a new 360 when I was bored on youtube and saw the towel trick that I had heard about before? Wrapped my xbox up in towels and left it turned on for 20 min. Then let it cool back down for about a half hour. Ring of death gone and it works great now again. Not sure how long it will last, sounds like each xbox is different. Never believed it would work, but it saved me a couple hundred bucks...at least for now. Who else has tried this?? If you get the ring of death, don't throw your xbox out. Give this a try first at least.

Solution: Buy a PlayStation 3

Solution: Buy a PlayStation 3 Get out of the house and get laid ocassionally.

Fixed it for all of you. :lol:

Solution: Buy a PlayStation 3

Thing is... The RRoD is no longer an issue... gaming anymore is all about Live and 360 is so much better than PS3 in that department....