Stop the Tim Tebow Love-fest!

I almost felt like standing up and applauding after reading this.

LINK

I know. I turned on the television yesterday, or maybe it was Monday, and espn had wall to wall coverage over the "which SEC coach didn't vote for Tebow?" I listened to that absurd drivel for about 30 seconds and changed the channel.

espn has degenerated from a respectable sports oriented network to a moronic, sycophantic, drivel spewing caricature of itself.

Honestly, let him get his 15 minutes now.

He's either going to undrafted (which wouldn't suprise me) or in the later rounds. Once he gets to the NFL he'll fade into Kordell Stewart obscurity...

No, it's fvcking annoying, and needs to stop or be toned down.

I wanted to throw up watching the MNC game, when they said you're a better person after being around Tim Tebow for 10 minutes...not to mention the whole virginity thing...it has gone too far.

But I agree that he will fade if/when in the NFL.

He's either going to undrafted (which wouldn't suprise me) or in the later rounds. Once he gets to the NFL he'll fade into Kordell Stewart obscurity...

Yeah he might fade in the NFL but he will get drafted, and drafted early.

Why is it Tebow's fault though that he is getting attention for his religion?

Yeah he might fade in the NFL but he will get drafted, and drafted early.

Why is it Tebow's fault though that he is getting attention for his religion?

I disagree. I dont think he will be drafted early.

And this is not about religion, and if it were, why should Tebow be the only one recognized for being a devout Christian? As the article says Bradford is an active member in FCA. This is simply about the media's love fest for Tim Tebow that has got out of control. I dont like turning on ESPN, seeing Spurrier apologize for not voting for Tebow....why even have the vote if you are going to criticize a guy for how he votes?? BS, plain and simple.

Excellent article. I am one who hates Tim Tebow just as much as I hate Hansbrough. It really has nothing to do with the amount of press they get, though that does factor in, but rather the amount of press that really thinks they are that great. Don't get me wrong, both are good, just not great!!

"Television announcers activate viewers’ gag reflexes and force them to hit the mute button by saying their “lives are better” because they spent five minutes with Tim Tebow. Lee Corso embarrasses himself in front of a national audience by fawning over Tebow during an interview with his parents. Sportswriters who apparently never have heard of Tommie Frazier, Sammy Baugh, Davey O’Brien, John Elway or Roger Staubach suggest that Tebow is the best quarterback in the history of college football"

...Long live the legend of Tommie Frazier, the greatest QB in CFB!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this really Tim Tebow's fault? Unless I am mistaken, he doesn't act like a hotshot in interviews or anything like that. He just does his thing and ESPN gushes because he's a great athlete leading a great team. Unlike other players who practically beg for media attention (Chase Daniel comes to mind).

Edit: Full disclosure: I love the guy.

Is this really Tim Tebow's fault? Unless I am mistaken, he doesn't act like a hotshot in interviews or anything like that. He just does his thing and ESPN gushes because he's a great athlete leading a great team. Unlike other players who practically beg for media attention (Chase Daniel comes to mind).

you know if he was such a huge christian as he claims to be he'd at least say stop idolizing me since you know that's against his religion.

He's a good guy and a decent QB, but he is not the best college football player of all time. He's not even close!

If he wins another championship and/or Heisman this year he may be the most decorated, but the players around him (specifically the D) have more to do with that than him.

Going back to the championship game, I can't think of one moment where he made a play that really changed the game. I can think of two or three times the D came up big and denied Oklahoma points while inside the 20 yard line and I can also think of several instances where Harvin made big plays.

you know if he was such a huge christian as he claims to be he'd at least say stop idolizing me since you know that's against his religion.

Oh Snap! :o

And Paper, this article is not taking a shot at Tim Tebow, it is taking a shot at the media and their unhealthy obsession with Tim Tebow.

:espnsucks:

Oh Snap! :o

And Paper, this article is not taking a shot at Tim Tebow, it is taking a shot at the media and their unhealthy obsession with Tim Tebow.

:espnsucks:

i still hate tebow, i hate tebow so much that if i went to war with him, i'd use chains and tire irons.