Helu Ran 4.25?

Here is how Green, of Scouts Inc., sees it: "We all go to the combine every year to look at receivers who are 5-11 and who run a 4.7 40. Why not this kid? I could see it."

I have never seen a WR at the combine run a 4.7...maybe I don't watch enough. :dunno

Anquan Boldin did. How's that working out for him?

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 21 2009, 07:29 AM) 454115[/snapback]
Here is how Green, of Scouts Inc., sees it: "We all go to the combine every year to look at receivers who are 5-11 and who run a 4.7 40. Why not this kid? I could see it."

I have never seen a WR at the combine run a 4.7...maybe I don't watch enough. :dunno

Pretty well. Although maybe having Larry Fitzgerald on the other side of the field has something to do with his success?

:dunno

Pretty well. Although maybe having Larry Fitzgerald on the other side of the field has something to do with his success?

:dunno

Anquan had about the best rookie stats in the history of the NFL. Over 100 receptions and almostt 1400 yards, as a rookie. That was before Larry was even around. THe dude has mad skills, Larry coming did not help him, it probably hurt him in turns of opportunities.

Guys, the numbers for Usain Bolt are incredibly inaccurate.

If Maurice Greene, former world record holder in the 100 at 9.79 ran a 4.21 (which he did, it is in his autobiography) wouldn't it stand to reason that the guy that beat his PR by over .2 seconds in 100m would at least run the same time as him in the 40?

Use commons sense, no way Bolt is as slow as the numbers said in this post.

For Christ sake, I ran a 4.45 electronic, and my PR in the 100 was 10.7 electronic when I ran in college. Bolt a full 1.12 seconds faster than me in the 100m so it only stands to reason he would be remarkably faster in the 40, right?

Also keep in mind that these are electronic times and Ahman's time was hand-held. Electronic timing adds .15-.19 seconds onto your time for human reaction time, I forget the actual conversion that is used but they have a set number for track records.

edit: spelling

Bolt is a late comer. Not saying I know his 40 time, but when he runs, he is slow (for being the fastest man alive mind you) in the first third and then he goes to another plane of existence. I bet his 40 is not a s good as some other world class sprinters, now what that means as far as a laser clocked time, no idea...

For those of you who actually believe the HS kid on this thread ran a 4.45 electronic, that Helu ran a 4.25, that Ted Ginn ran a 4.06 (seriously, 4.06?), and that any of these numbers should be taken seriously, I direct you here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog...rn=ncaaf,181904

here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog...rn=ncaaf,147026

here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog...rn=ncaaf,144692

and here:

http://speedendurance.com/2009/08/06/40-ya...nd-ben-johnson/

These times are 99 if not 100% BS. I wouldn't be surprised if some are made up to the point where the guy in question doesn't even run, but some coach makes up a number in his head based on one time when he saw the guy running in practice or something.