Something interesting for us Husker fans to to

Word: Hesitant

Next person: Daniel Bullocks

Word: Missile

Next person: Kenny Walker

word: Insiration

Next person: Danny Noonan

This..VAVRBJPXBVBGTKN.20020924002453.jpgWord: (Not the guy from) Caddyshackdanny-noonan-caddyshack1.jpg

Name: (Who's) Wonderful Monds?

...What'r you, New here, Jen?

MAQOBLWKHGZVWBC.20020924000300.jpg

Named to almost everybody's "All Name Team".

Courtesy: NU Media Relations

· Drafted in 4th Round by the Pittsburgh Steelers

· Signed with Toronto of the CFL

· 1975 First-Team All-American (Football Writers)

· 1975 Honorable Mention All-American (AP, UPI)

· 1975 First-Team All-Big 8 (AP, UPI)

· 1974 Second-Team All-Big 8 (AP, UPI)

Nebraska’s third All-American in 1975, Wonder was a two-year starter and three-year letterman.

1975 (Senior)

Big and could fly, was cited a pre-season All-American. Wonder lived up to the expectation and was a First-Team All-American (Football News) as a senior. Wonder was in on 34 tackles, 17 unassisted, along with recovering one fumble, breaking up two passes and blocking a punt. He was a first-team All-Big 8 performer as a senior.

1974 (Junior)

Emerged as one of the outstanding defensive back in the Big 8 Conference as a junior, earning second-team all-conference honors. Intercepted two passes and also recovered one fumble. Was in on 31 total tackles, 17 of which were unassisted.

In the 1974 spring game, set a spring game record with a 91-yard interception return for a touchdown.

1973 (Sophomore)

Lettered after transferring from Indian Hills Junior College in Iowa

Before Nebraska (Central High (Florida)/Indian Hills Junior College (Iowa))

Florida All-Stater at Central High for Coach Calvin Triplett. At Indian Hills Junior College he was coached by Al Daniels.

Personal

Full name is Wonderful Monds, Jr. and is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Wonderful Monds, Sr. Married while at Nebraska and the father of Wonderful Monds III.

Sack

Joe Ganz

Word: Heart

Next Player: Adam Carriker

Word: Relentless

Person: Charlie McBride

Word: Douchebag

Person: Tom Osborne

Hmmm interested on your take as to why the best Defensive Coordinator Nebraska has ever had, is a Douche Bag. (by the way, that is two words)

Oh jeez im a frickin idiot. At 3 in the morning McBride sounds like Pederson.

Charlie McBride

Character.

Person: Tom Osborne

Word: Doctor

-------------------------------

Next Person: Jamie Williams

Word: Unknown

Player: Reggie Baul

And you call yourself a guru.. <_< (You were sposed to say, "Another Dr.")

After his playing days ended in the mid-1990s, Williams obtained his doctorate at University of San Francisco.

Probably the third best Tight End we ever had here..the first "black person" I ever met..I told him he had a girl's name (it's mine too)..And he always seemed to have my Big Brother's smile..

He was also my cousin's roomate for away games.

Then:

HGUUSHQMOIBPBTN.20080623211821.jpgJamie Williams

Tight End - TE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy: NU Media Relations

Release: 07/24/2007

Honors & Awards

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame Inductee (2003)

12-Year NFL Veteran (St. Louis, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles)

Super Bowl Champion, 1989, San Francisco

Two-Time All-Big Eight

1982 (Senior)

Williams finished his career as Nebraska's No. 18 all-time receiver with 44 catches for 516 yards and seven touchdowns. Williams had a pair of four-catch games in 1982 against New Mexico State and Kansas. Against the Jayhawks, Williams had 63 yards including a 12-yard TD catch. In his final game as a Husker, Williams had a catch for 21 yards vs. LSU in the 1983 Orange Bowl.

1981 (Junior)

Williams was Nebraska's leading receiver with 22 catches for 282 yards and four touchdowns--all in the first eight games. A pair of strained knees limited his effectiveness late in the season. The first knee injury, to his left knee, came shortly after two first-quarter touchdowns against Kansas State. The second was sustained on the opening kickoff against Oklahoma State. In the Orange Bowl, Williams had a pair of catches for eight yards vs. Clemson. Williams was also a part of the longest pass play by NU in 1981, a 55-yard reception from Nate Mason vs. Penn State.

1980 (Sophomore)

A backup behind seniors Jeff Finn and Steve Davies, Williams lettered and had one catch for 12 yards.

1979 (Redshirt Freshman)

Williams split time between the varsity and J.V. squads and lettered in his second year in the program.

1978 (Freshman)

Williams redshirted in his first year in the program.

At Davenport Central HS

An All-American in both football and basketball at Davenport Central High School, Williams starred with fellow Husker Roger Craig for Coach Jim Fox.

Personal

The son of Claude and Bernice Williams, Jamie was born on Feb. 25, 1960.

Now:

jamiewilliams.jpg

Ex-49er Jamie Williams breaking new ground at Academy of Art University

When I was newspaper sports writer covering the 49ers beat, tight end Jamie Williams was someone I relied on for deep, philosophical answers on a wide range of subjects related to the team.

Williams shattered the stereotype of the tunnel-visioned pro athlete who rarely thought of issues beyond the playing field or locker room.

Some 14 years since retiring from the NFL, Williams is still busting stereotypes and dancing to his own unique beat. Make that, Dr. Williams. After playing his final NFL season with the Raiders in 1994, Williams went on to earn a masters degree in mass communications from San Jose State and his doctorate in education from the University of San Francisco.

Williams now has the perfect job for someone who likes to go against the grain. He’s the athletic director at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, building an NCAA Division II program from the ground up. This is the Urban Knights’ inaugural year.

NCAA sports at a private art university may seem like an odd mix to many. But to Williams, it’s a perfect match.

“Personally, I’ve always broken the mold,” Williams said. “Somebody just came up and showed me a picture of when I had dreds (in the NFL) before anybody did. I’m smiling in the picture like no problem.

“When I was in college (at Nebraska) I was doing the creative, artsy thing. Everybody thought it was different, but I was the top cat in my class in terms of that field of study (broadcast journalism). At the time, I was chasing linebackers in the Big 8.

“That’s my big problem, people putting restraints on others because of what they don’t believe. I think that’s the wrong answer. If a kid loves art, has a passion for it, but is also proficient in a sport, who are we to take that opportunity away from them?”

On the school’s athletics web site, Williams has his mission statement. It reads: “I seek to inspire through the three A’s: Academics, the feeder of intellect and wisdom; Arts, the emancipator of spirit and expression; and Athletics, the builder of physicality and courage.”

The university has six men’s teams (baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer and track and field) and seven women’s teams (basketball, volleyball, softball, cross country, soccer, tennis and track and field). And yes, these teams offer scholarships.

Not surprisingly, as a new program the Urban Knights are taking their lumps this year, and Williams said he has experienced some dark days.

“But the highs outweigh the lows for sure,” Williams said. “Because there’s a there there. There wasn’t before I came and put the (program) together.”

Former Warrior Peter Thibeaux is part of the coaching staff that Williams hired. Thibeaux coaches the men’s basketball team while ex-Stanford and WNBA guard Lindsey Yamasaki leads the women’s team.

Williams credits university president Dr. Elisa Stephens and her father, former president Dr. Richard A. Stephens, for the decision to create an athletic department. According to Williams, they’re both “huge sports fans” who want to include a few traditional college touches to their non-traditional university as a way to bring students together.

“They understand that athletics can kind of break down inherent fragmentation that you find at schools that have a lot of different disciplines,” Williams said. “Sometimes there’s a disconnect there.”

Of course there are plenty of students who question the move.

“People inherently don’t like change,” Williams said. “The athletics part is not just about going to a game and cheering. It’s also about intramurals and living a holistic life with wellness. That’s all part of it, too.”

"Jamie Williams was one of the more memorable San Francisco 49ers from the 1990 Super Bowl team, perhaps known as much for his love of comic books as for his blocking skills - he may have been the only NFL player in the 1980s who wore a Spider-Man T-shirt beneath his shoulder pads on game day."

Professional career

Williams was a huge comic book fan, particularly of Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian; in order to psyche himself up for big games he would visualize himself as one of those heroes.

Williams is currently the Athletic Director for the Academy of Art University Urban Knights in San Francisco.

Media

Williams has appeared on KTVU news as a sports analyst on several occasions. He was a technical consultant in the movie Any Given Sunday. He currently is the Founder, President, and CEO of the San Francisco Bay Area film production company Y Motion Media.

Personal

Williams lives in Foster City, California with his wife, Charlotte, and two children: son, Evan, and daughter, Raven. He coached his son's elementary school basketball team at Trinity School in Menlo Park, California from 2001-2004, leading them to a second-place finish in the San Mateo County (California) championships.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../DDBM17UVBM.DTL

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz0Mymhf4LE

"