Paying tow bill with 8,800 pennies

I watched that video last night... :clap

And the guy is absolutely correct...the tow truck company, or any other retailer for that matter, has to take the payment, even if it's in pennies.

Which reminds me of a story...

I used to drive a cab here in Boise and one night I picked up a gentleman from the 44 Club on W. State Street. I drove him home and upon pulling into his driveway the meter read $8.70. He went into the house, came back out and paid me in pennies. They were all rolled, nice and neat but still I thought, "Are you fricking kidding me?" But, I took them because pennies are still a valid legal tender US currency.

Looking back on it now.......:laughpound

I gotta start paying my HOA fines in pennies..and get the local media involved..

Good thing they don't make them out of copper anymore..they'd be worth more than face value if they were solid Cu.

What is HOA?

Even today's copper plated zinc pennies cost something like 1.2 cents to make. Jimmy Carter tried having copper plated ceramic pennies.

I gotta start paying my HOA fines in pennies..and get the local media involved..

Good thing they don't make them out of copper anymore..they'd be worth more than face value if they were solid Cu.

What is HOA?

Even today's copper plated zinc pennies cost something like 1.2 cents to make. Jimmy Carter tried having copper plated ceramic pennies.

Homeowners' association

Basicly a private government set up by planned communities or developers to bypass actual home owners' civil rights in order to gain approval from city planners before regular taxation can keep up with normal city services.

When we bought this "spec house", My Wife was having a difficult pregnancy as it was, and within days, we got a nasty letter about only having sheets up instead of real curtains..hadn't even finnished unpacking yet.

Also get letters about every weed that presents itself even before I ever see it..sometimes I wonder if they plant them.

Also towed my new car from in front of my house one morning before work..it was on the street, but according to some page in the 750+ I had to innitial in an hour's time, I agreed to only park in my garage or driveway.

When they first came about..they actually provided a service..like constructed and maintained community pools or landscaped a common park or something like that..Mine just sends three or four illegals through the neighborhood streets with leaf blowers every three months and floods me with letters about putting up a trellis without permission..and charges everyone $150/month to help cover their legal fees??

What is HOA?

Homeowners' association

Basicly a private government set up by planned communities or developers to bypass actual home owners' civil rights in order to gain approval from city planners before regular taxation can keep up with normal city services.

When we bought this "spec house", My Wife was having a difficult pregnancy as it was, and within days, we got a nasty letter about only having sheets up instead of real curtains..hadn't even finnished unpacking yet.

Also get letters about every weed that presents itself even before I ever see it..sometimes I wonder if they plant them.

Also towed my new car from in front of my house one morning before work..it was on the street, but according to some page in the 750+ I had to innitial in an hour's time, I agreed to only park in my garage or driveway.

When they first came about..they actually provided a service..like constructed and maintained community pools or landscaped a common park or something like that..Mine just sends three or four illegals through the neighborhood streets with leaf blowers every three months and floods me with letters about putting up a trellis without permission..and charges everyone $150/month to help cover their legal fees??

Yeah - I know what you mean now. One of by co-workers has regaled us at lunch with his own stories. He wasn't going to attend his meeting, but the next day he said he sat in the back and listened to the absolute craziness that went on - people complained about dog crap and water draining on yards wrong shades of paint etc.

What is HOA?

Homeowners' association

Yeah - I know what you mean now. One of by co-workers has regaled us at lunch with his own stories. He wasn't going to attend his meeting, but the next day he said he sat in the back and listened to the absolute craziness that went on - people complained about dog crap and water draining on yards wrong shades of paint etc.

God bless America <_< i would go nuts having people constantly bicker about what is going on in my neighborhood :bang

• 2 weeks later...