NU 12th in Power Rankings

Did you read my post? I said the same thing in different words.

Yes, and I wasn't trying to imply that you were intentionally doing anything. That was a poor choice of words on my part. I think the actual numbers give a clearer picture, especially since Forde doesn't have us ranked at all.

I fixed my first post so it doesn't seem like I'm accusing you of something.

Did you read my post? I said the same thing in different words.

Yes, and I wasn't trying to imply that you were intentionally doing anything. That was a poor choice of words on my part. I think the actual numbers give a clearer picture, especially since Forde doesn't have us ranked at all.

I fixed my first post so it doesn't seem like I'm accusing you of something.

Cool, my man. Sorry if I can across jumpy.

I have no idea who Chris Low is, but he is the only one of the bunch that gets any credit from me. Simply because he was the only writer smart enough to leave Notre Lame out of the top 25!

E: I just had to add this gem from jimmymul6 (aka: Notre Dumba$$) in response.

The truth is that now ND has a very solid, but not great team that was made up of underclassmen the last two years. They do have arguably the best receiving corps in the nation, an above average qb, and what should be a decent defense, and an easy schedule working for them. 9-10 wins is not out of the question, which means like it or not, they belong in the top 25 for right now.

:laughpound You read that right, the best receiving corp in the nation! And I though Husker fans loved the Kool-aid. :laughpound

God Pat Forde is an idiot. Colorado at 22?

Yeah, not too MU-homerish to leave out both KU and NU, is it?

Hey now...Graham has both KU and NU ranked and she not only was an athelete at MU and graduated but was a beat writter on MU for a while as well.

But to each their own, I have heard plenty of husker fans point to Blair (not attemping to spell last name) stories from the KC star. How he bangs the drum for NU and writes about how tough they will be. Could that be because he not only is a big fan of NU, but because his son attends NU and plays for the baseball team?? Or how about when Trev used to be on ESPN, I bet he was never a homer towards NU....

well...you get the point.

anyways, I believe that the best of the north would be no better than the 4th place finisher in the B12 south. If you think the B12 South 4th place team is top 15-20, well...you obviously have a right to your own opinions. IMHO, no team in the north is a top 25 team. They are not far out of that, but there are alot of questions still to be answered before I would change that thought.

Fro, Graham's non-partisan rankings don't make up for Forde's partisan rankings. Neither does anyone else's partisanship make up for Forde's. When you're in a position like that, when you're supposed to be doing something with integrity and you don't, that's just wrong. There's no equivocating about it.

It's one thing to have them ranked lower. It's another thing not to rank them AT ALL. Out of 15 rankers only two, Forde and Rece Davis, have NU unranked. That's pretty tough to fathom.

As for Trev, I can't recall a single time I heard him accused of being a Nebraska homer. But I didn't watch all the time.

Now, is it too hard to believe that the fourth best team in the Big 12 should be ranked? I don't know why. We had three teams in the top ten most of last year, and five in the top 15 the year before. This Power Ranking has four SEC teams in the top ten, and five or six overall. I don't see why you would think it's unusual to have that many teams ranked...?

Fro, Graham's non-partisan rankings don't make up for Forde's partisan rankings. Neither does anyone else's partisanship make up for Forde's. When you're in a position like that, when you're supposed to be doing something with integrity and you don't, that's just wrong. There's no equivocating about it.

It's one thing to have them ranked lower. It's another thing not to rank them AT ALL. Out of 15 rankers only two, Forde and Rece Davis, have NU unranked. That's pretty tough to fathom.

I see your point, but I would say this, having them ranked #12 is much more of a joke than not having them ranked at all. What did the coaches poll have them at #23, #24 something like that. So I would argue any one in a position as those in this poll that ranked NE above #18 is wrong. Although I belive #18 would be WAY to high, I would give room for a 4-5 team swap. But #12, thats just stupid.

For all we know Forde has them at 26 or close to that. He has said he thinks CU will win the north and he has them at #22. He may be wrong. But atleast he has his reasons for doing it that way and stuck to it. More than can be said for Ivan