Nebraska OL Recruits

I think it will be a while before we see a Husker team with NE players in the majority of the key position.

i think those days are gone.

It depends on what you consider key positions. Without an OL, there's little to no running game and there's also little to no passing game. So, would this make the OL a key position? Same can be said on defense. In the glory years, Nebraska was blessed with some awesome athletes coming out of high school. Omaha hasn't produced an Ahman Green lately. We haven't produced a Scott Frost or Eric Crouch lately either. I believe it's very naive to believe Nebraska won't produce that kind of athlete in the future. Every once in a while even the Western part of the state produces one of those athletes. The May kid is what a sophomore? He's from a town of less than 2,000 people, and he's right up there to start on D. We can go back and forth all we want, but the fact remains that the state of Nebraska has and will continue to produce athletes that can compete and thrive at the D1 level.

What is considered a "key" position? Above I pointed out 20 NE kids who will contribute in a big way this season. They were in all different positions, including a lot of skill positions. NE kids will always play a key role on this team, why would you assume any different?

Exactly! I'm wondering the same thing about what exactly is a key position.

junior, maybe we need to just convince TO to move the franchise to TX or CA in the middle of the night. It is clear that NE is no longer the correct spot for this team, can't get any support if NE kids are no longer going to be contributors to the team right?

junior, maybe we need to just convince TO to move the franchise to TX or CA in the middle of the night. It is clear that NE is no longer the correct spot for this team, can't get any support if NE kids are no longer going to be contributors to the team right?

I thought you looked suspiciously like Robert Irsay.... <_<

I think the team had plenty of support under the previous coaching staff that really didn't emphsize NE athletes. As long as we're winning, there will always be support. NE kids don't have to be contributors. However, I think history has shown that our strong walk-on program has made this football team what it was. I think it's naive to believe we don't need a strong walk-on program now. The state of Nebraska has provided some outstanding players in the past. It's naive to believe it won't continue to crank out some outstanding players in the future. Nebraska has 3 Heisman trophy winners. 2 out of the 3 came from right here in Nebraska.

I think the team had plenty of support under the previous coaching staff that really didn't emphsize NE athletes. As long as we're winning, there will always be support. NE kids don't have to be contributors. However, I think history has shown that our strong walk-on program has made this football team what it was. I think it's naive to believe we don't need a strong walk-on program now. The state of Nebraska has provided some outstanding players in the past. It's naive to believe it won't continue to crank out some outstanding players in the future. Nebraska has 3 Heisman trophy winners. 2 out of the 3 came from right here in Nebraska.

I know, just a bit of tired sarcasm. Anyway I whole heartedly agree with your assesment on this.