I Just Can't Cheer For...

HuskerJen

Okay, so name the teams that, regardless of the situation, you just can't cheer or root for and give a brief explanation.

Notre Dame: The very epitome of over-rated. I understand that tradition and history are important in college football and I also understand that past glory is something to be proud of. However, Notre Dame hasn't been relevant since 1993 and yet to hear these golden domed morons talk you'd think that they've been in the top 5 every year. Furthermore, the fact that they 1) have their own exclusive television contract with NBC and 2) have a special clause in the BCS bowl games which guarantees them a spot with a mere 9 wins. 9 wins with their cupcake psuedo-Big 10+1 and service academy weak schedule.

Miami: The Hurricanes are a team that no matter how much time passes are still the very essence of evil and everything that's wrong with college football. The original thug u.

Colorado: This is literally the only team in the Big 12 I will never, ever, under any circumstances root for. All these guys care about is beating Nebraska. They could be 0-11 by the time they play us and if they win that game they think they've gone 12-0 and are the greatest team in the history of college football. And, this is the only team in the Big 12 where I honest to God hope they go 0-12 every year.

Totally agree with you about Notre Dame. Always root against them. Maybe it's just I'm jealous that every one of their damn games is on TV no matter who they are playing. While 3 of our first 4 games this year are on PPV! Not saying that the 3 games that are on PPV deserve to be on TV but if ND was playing those teams you can bet they would be on TV.

I will root for Miami sometimes. Just really depends on whom they are playing.

And as for CU, no way in hell I will root for them. Can't stand them. Hate them actually more than ND. :D

Neutre Dame: Can’t stand Charlie “FrontButt” Weis and the Golden Domer crowd. I wanna punch Rudy in his fat little gut.

Joklahoma: Friggin Hillbillies and their pop-guns. I laughed for a week when Boise State converted 2 pts to win the Fiesta Bowl couple years back.

For me it's any SEC team. Why?

1. Overrated Conference

2. Pseudo Tradition (with the excpetion of Bama)

3 They don't play in the cold weather

4. ESPN will tout every SEC team now that they have a TV contract with them

Good call. And that's a good reason about them not playing in cold weather. I never thought about that. I'm going to have to start bringing that up because that does make a difference. And you are spot on about the tradition except for Bama. :D

Touchdown Jesus-Any school that somehow has convinced themselves that winning college football games is a devine right deserves my disdain.

Oklahoma-I puke a little in my mouth anytime I see Stoops or Switzer, can't stand either one of them.

I cannot honestly add Nebraska to the list because I did root for you guys against USC and always against OU unless it gives CU a leg up in conference play.