Tom Shatel on Castille

Same thing everyone else is saying, basically. I will say this though: Castille is a big loss, but it's a big loss at a position we can arguably afford to take it. Granted he was a big part of our definition of "loaded" at running back, but there were several guys the coaches have singled out along the way. And with a healthy Helu, we should be able to stay on course. Someone had better become a competent backup very fast, but with Helu we still have a running game defenses have to plan for.

Same thing everyone else is saying, basically. I will say this though: Castille is a big loss, but it's a big loss at a position we can arguably afford to take it. Granted he was a big part of our definition of "loaded" at running back, but there were several guys the coaches have singled out along the way. And with a healthy Helu, we should be able to stay on course. Someone had better become a competent backup very fast, but with Helu we still have a running game defenses have to plan for.

I agree, it might have Helu a little off balance for a while, but these kids will bounce back. It always seems someone steps in to fill the gap.

"And now there's one less reason to like Nebraska this season."

Well Tom, you can't have it both ways. Do you want to be Thug-U and go undefeated? Or do you want some integrity and have respect and not have a national championship? This is Nebraska, not Miami and Florida State. I want a National Championship as much or more than the next Husker fan, but I don't want my alma mater to be constantly associated with trouble-makers and criminals that make it the only way Nebraska makes Sportscenter highlights. What kind of example does it set if a spotlight player gets away with doing whatever the hell they want? Then EVERYONE is doing whatever the hell they want, and then you have a bad situation. I like Nebraska MORE than I did before this 'Q' thing, Tom. This is a college team, not an NFL training ground, as much as some idiot head coach a few years' back tried to turn it into. Nebraska is already behind the 8-ball when it comes to recruiting, so why should we stoop to take on a group of players who cannot represent the school properly? I honestly don't know if Bo really cares about these guys getting an education, I think he does, but most of these guys are NOT going to the NFL. So hey...how about getting a college degree while you're playing your ass off at a great school for a high-integrity coach? Sadly, this just doesn't seem to matter that much any more.

Well Tom, you can't have it both ways. Do you want to be Thug-U and go undefeated? Or do you want some integrity and have respect and not have a national championship? This is Nebraska, not Miami and Florida State. I want a National Championship as much or more than the next Husker fan, but I don't want my alma mater to be constantly associated with trouble-makers and criminals that make it the only way Nebraska makes Sportscenter highlights. What kind of example does it set if a spotlight player gets away with doing whatever the hell they want? Then EVERYONE is doing whatever the hell they want, and then you have a bad situation. I like Nebraska MORE than I did before this 'Q' thing, Tom. This is a college team, not an NFL training ground, as much as some idiot head coach a few years' back tried to turn it into. Nebraska is already behind the 8-ball when it comes to recruiting, so why should we stoop to take on a group of players who cannot represent the school properly? I honestly don't know if Bo really cares about these guys getting an education, I think he does, but most of these guys are NOT going to the NFL. So hey...how about getting a college degree while you're playing your ass off at a great school for a high-integrity coach? Sadly, this just doesn't seem to matter that much any more.

:worship

I have always felt that we have always had a Bullseye on our back in the media being a Middle America conservative State and all. Like we are all hypocrites for anything but USC Reggie Bush still nothing :wtf

At 6-foot-1, 235 pounds, Castille is a load. He's a powerful, bruising back. When it's third-and-short, who you gonna call? No. 19.

Yeah, maybe if you want a fumble!!

That's unfair. QC did fumble on occassion but it wasn't like he put the ball on the turf every other time he carried it.

At 6-foot-1, 235 pounds, Castille is a load. He's a powerful, bruising back. When it's third-and-short, who you gonna call? No. 19.

Yeah, maybe if you want a fumble!!

That's unfair. QC did fumble on occassion but it wasn't like he put the ball on the turf every other time he carried it.

No, just every third time!! :sarcasm

You're right, that wasn't exactly the most fair comment I could have said, but the fact still remains that he did fumble quite a bit. Will that also be missed?