Does it worry anybody...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 24 2009, 01:48 AM) 455311[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Some of you people absolutely baffle me. You whine incessantly about how we can't sign anyone like the freakin world is gonna end and then when we do you either completely tear the kid down or whine about how they are other people's cast-offs.

Is there no pleasing you?

i'm guessing he's a troll it's his 3rd post. that said no. i'll look at the class in feb and decide from there.

So everybody who joins is a troll? Come on man. I just joined yesterday and you go ahead and automatically classify me as a troll. :wacko:

So everybody who joins is a troll? Come on man. I just joined yesterday and you go ahead and automatically classify me as a troll. :wacko:

Two new topics within 7 minutes about Oklahoma State recruiting will do that.

Well sorry I guess. It just seems as though they are cherry picking guys we are going after.

Don't worry I was accused of being a K State fan and a troll on my first day too. You have to be careful not to say anything remotely negative or you'll get that on here. Don't even be realistic. Just extremely, extremely positive. Because if we pretend it's going to be alright, it will be.

:laughpound

So true.

Don't worry I was accused of being a K State fan and a troll on my first day too. You have to be careful not to say anything remotely negative or you'll get that on here. Don't even be realistic. Just extremely, extremely positive. Because if we pretend it's going to be alright, it will be.

:laughpound

So true.

Troll

Being realistic is different than being pessimistic.

People talking about how the sky is falling because we don't have a full class in AUGUST and how we aren't going to be able to compete with anyone unless we do are being pessimistic. We are going to have a small class, we've known that for quite awhile.. So why not sit back and take the shots at the guys you REALLY want on the chance they may come? It's not worth the problems that come up when you over sign and have to rescind a scholarship offer to some kid for a reason that has nothing to do with him...

People can question whatever they want, but opinions vary... hell, you can find people that think Coz was a good DC... But when people come on here an immediately start talking about how OSU is kicking our ass in recruiting, without anyone knowing anything about them, then of course they are going to be labeled as a troll... Look @ the Castille situation.. that was a guy that'd been on the board for 2 years and he still got the troll treatment... So while you have a point there, people also need to take into consideration that this is a Nebraska board and you can't just come in and start talking down NU and up other teams unless you want to be classified as a troll or a fan of that school.

If you can find a post where I've "talked up another school" I'd love to see it. I personally am not worried about OSU and how many recruits they have or that they've "stolen" our offers; I'm just telling him don't worry about being called a troll, this board is less than welcoming to new people, especially if they bring up anything that could remotely be taken in a negative light. Call me what you want, I still have high hopes for the season.

If you can find a post where I've "talked up another school" I'd love to see it. I personally am not worried about OSU and how many recruits they have or that they've "stolen" our offers; I'm just telling him don't worry about being called a troll, this board is less than welcoming to new people, especially if they bring up anything that could remotely be taken in a negative light. Call me what you want, I still have high hopes for the season.

Not everything posted is about you.... I didnt pay much attention to what you posted to be honest. I gave a pretty general idea of how things work.. thats about it.

Does it worry anybody that we, The Nebraska Cornhuskers, are having to take OkState leftovers (Vestal) while they fill up on guys we offered?

I answered very abruptly the first time so now I'll expound on why what's happening in recruiting doesn't worry me.

* Some of our targets have chosen Oklahoma State over Nebraska that's true. But they've also picked the Cowboys over Oklahoma, LSU, Texas A&M, etc.

The #1 rated MLB in the country, Jeff Luc, from Florida has about 50 offers including one from Nebraska. Now, whichever school he does pick, means there will be 49 "losers."

* The current thinking seems to be that because we're not receiving a commit from player a that player b will be worse or not as good. While that may be true in some cases I sincerely doubt that's it's true in every case.

The fact is in any given class only about 50% actually pan out and see the field due to attrition: injuries, transfers, academic issues, lack of work ethic, off the field issues, etc.

* I believe that the really, really good players, for the most part, exceptions duly noted, wait until they get into the season, after they've taken all their visits to commit. The reason is simple: A lot can happen during the course of a season. Remember how great our '08 recruiting class was shaping up to be? We had Blaine Gabbert, Jonas Grey and a host of other extremely highly rated players committed. And then the disaster of the '07 season happened. Gabbert went to Missouri, Grey went to Notre Dame and the class was in shambles. Bo and the new staff came in an ended up putting together a very solid class in a short time.

The point is, some of these players committed to other schools could still end up being Huskers if the schools they committed to end up with a clone of Nebraska's '07 season where the coaching staff that player had committed to is fired.