Thunder Collins -- More bad news headlined on ESPN

I still remember when he was recruited here. He was supposed to be the next Johnny Rogers. If he'd have been half as good as the hype, he'd have been a special player. I'm as tired of hearing about this thug as LP.

If his name were Bob Collins instead of Thunder Collins, no hype!

You know, in general I wish they would stop linking former players with the schools they played for, especially if they were kicked out of school without graduating. Every time Maurice Clarett farts, I don’t need to be reminded he played for Ohio State. With every developing issue with Rae Carruth, I don’t need to know he played for Colorado. With every single instance of Lawrence Phillips running afoul with the law, I don’t need to be reminded he played at Nebraska. Same goes for any other kid who played for any other school, including Thunder Collins.

I know that’s never going to happen because the only reason it’s news is their association with whatever school they played for. But it gets tiresome seeing these schools, whose ideals and principles are polar opposites from what these guys have done, raked through the muck over and over.

You know, in general I wish they would stop linking former players with the schools they played for, especially if they were kicked out of school without graduating. Every time Maurice Clarett farts, I don’t need to be reminded he played for Ohio State. With every developing issue with Rae Carruth, I don’t need to know he played for Colorado. With every single instance of Lawrence Phillips running afoul with the law, I don’t need to be reminded he played at Nebraska. Same goes for any other kid who played for any other school, including Thunder Collins.

I know that’s never going to happen because the only reason it’s news is their association with whatever school they played for. But it gets tiresome seeing these schools, whose ideals and principles are polar opposites from what these guys have done, raked through the muck over and over.

I agree. And no school is immune. This stuff happens all over the country.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4419898

this is just crazy, the only news to get reported about Nebraska is about criminal convictions or dismissals for violation of team rules...it just makes me angry

You could stop reading ESPN. That'd solve that problem.

Actually, it wouldn't, at least not in this case. The first two places I saw this, linked from HuskerPedia, are the OWH and LJS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4419898

this is just crazy, the only news to get reported about Nebraska is about criminal convictions or dismissals for violation of team rules...it just makes me angry

Yep you're right. Why, I bet if a former Heisman winner who went to USC was on trial for killing his wife and her boyfriend, no one would ever cover it!!!!!

ESPN doesn't hate us.

I just freaking heard on ESPN not twenty minutes ago from purported Husker Hater Herbstreit (illiteration!) that NU would win the XII north and play Texas. If they actually respond and play well, ESPN will give them love.

This team has not deserved much respect from ESPN lately.

I just freaking heard on ESPN not twenty minutes ago from purported Husker Hater Herbstreit (illiteration!) that NU would win the XII north and play Texas. If they actually respond and play well, ESPN will give them love.

This team has not deserved much respect from ESPN lately.

I heard this too. I was mildly surprised.