Nebraska Fan Cans

Does anyone know what NU is doing about the Budweiser Fan cans that have come out in team colors? Here in Iowa the two universities are having a melt down because budweiser changed the color of their cans to Red and Gold and Black and Gold. It sounds like the Universities have contacted Bud and these cans will be discontinued for distribution here in Iowa. Someone tell me NU isn't this petty.

Does anyone know what NU is doing about the Budweiser Fan cans that have come out in team colors? Here in Iowa the two universities are having a melt down because budweiser changed the color of their cans to Red and Gold and Black and Gold. It sounds like the Universities have contacted Bud and these cans will be discontinued for distribution here in Iowa. Someone tell me NU isn't this petty.

I dont know about Bud (I also live in Texas) but this is what we have down here. The Bud Light fan cans in maroon and white and burnt orange and white.

I hope you guys get to enjoy your Tool box red and white cans, I will not be buying the UT or A&M cans this fall- even if I have to drink another brand.

I will say it is a great marketing idea.

BUD LIGHT tailgate

you may have to enter your age to get access.

www.tailgateapproved.com (find the fan can section)

I dont know about Bud (I also live in Texas) but this is what we have down here. The Bud Light fan cans in maroon and white and burnt orange and white.

I hope you guys get to enjoy your Tool box red and white cans, I will not be buying the UT or A&M cans this fall- even if I have to drink another brand.

BUD LIGHT tailgate

So I take it UT and the other Texas schools arent trying to say "copyright infringement" and saying AB is encouraging binge drinking? Because that is what the dousches at ISwho and Iowa are trying to do.

BUD LIGHT tailgate

So I take it UT and the other Texas schools arent trying to say "copyright infringement" and saying AB is encouraging binge drinking? Because that is what the dousches at ISwho and Iowa are trying to do.

I went to a wedding this weekend that had both orange & white cans (Clemson) and garnet & black cans (South Carolina) and it was kinda cool. Everyone had they're team's colored can.

BUD LIGHT tailgate

I went to a wedding this weekend that had both orange & white cans (Clemson) and garnet & black cans (South Carolina) and it was kinda cool. Everyone had they're team's colored can.

So have you heard if Clemson and SC are putting up a stink about them? I am just trying to figure out if ISU and Iowa are the dumbest Universities in the nation. Nothin but fun haters.

LINCOLN (AP) -- Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne sent a letter to state Anheuser-Busch InBev distributors asking them not to participate in a promotion that dressed cans of Bud Light in college colors.

Nebraska's assistant athletic director for marketing, licensing and concessions says Osborne contacted the distributors after learning of Anheuser-Busch's "Fan Cans" promotion.

The promotion was launched earlier this month to coincide with the start of football season. It puts school colors on the beer cans, but not college logos, names or other identifiers.

Assistant athletic director Michael Stephens says the majority of the red-and-white cans were turned away by Nebraska distributors, but he acknowledged that "some did get delivered."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090826/NEWS01/708269830

BUD LIGHT tailgate

So have you heard if Clemson and SC are putting up a stink about them? I am just trying to figure out if ISU and Iowa are the dumbest Universities in the nation. Nothin but fun haters.

I haven't heard anything, I know since they first came out with the aluminum bottles, they've had orange ones in Clemson, and as far as I know nothing was ever said.

LINCOLN (AP) -- Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne sent a letter to state Anheuser-Busch InBev distributors asking them not to participate in a promotion that dressed cans of Bud Light in college colors.

Nebraska's assistant athletic director for marketing, licensing and concessions says Osborne contacted the distributors after learning of Anheuser-Busch's "Fan Cans" promotion.

The promotion was launched earlier this month to coincide with the start of football season. It puts school colors on the beer cans, but not college logos, names or other identifiers.

Assistant athletic director Michael Stephens says the majority of the red-and-white cans were turned away by Nebraska distributors, but he acknowledged that "some did get delivered."

L.A.M.E. I need to get ahold of some of those cans.

This is SO STUPID! These cans have 0 effect on whether or not someone under 21 drinks beer. How is it different than when Bud makes custom cans for MLB or NFL. Don't students under 21 root for Baseball or Pro Football teams?

This country needs a 5,000 Megaton "Common Sense Bomb" to explode in Manhattan, Kansas.

Indeed. T.O. needs to lighten up. How and when does one get to tight?

As far as I know, Budweiser cans have always been RED and WHITE!!!!

Take the fun out that, Tom. I dare ya! :nanalama

Indeed. T.O. needs to lighten up. How and when does one get to tight?