X- Paul

Brooks

Cooper

Z-Holt

Gilleylen

Osborne

Y-Kinnie

Henry

The "Y" spot are the TE's in this offense so unless Kinnie and Henry have moved to TE there's no way they'll be in those positions.

Under Tom Osborne the WR's were SE = split end, FL = flanker and TE = (obviously) tight end.

Under the former head coach, and now Shawn Watson, the SE = X, Y = TE and FL = Z.

:yeah

Beat me to it again, Jen! :nanalama

I'm not buying into the Niles Paul hype at all.

I think that by mid-season Kinnie, Bell and either Marlowe or Cooper will be the "starters," and by starters I mean the guys who get the vast majority of the snaps.

Marlowe? Seriously? All the reports on Cooper are that he is struggling picking things up so I’m pretty sure you can count him out this year.

The coaches and players have said that Paul is clearly the #1 and the rest of them are trying to get to the level he is playing at. How can you not buy that hype yet buy into Kinnie, Bell, Marlowe and Cooper who have nothing to base anything off of buy hype. Just wondering.

It's more the fact that in the past two seasons I've been completely underwhelmed at what Niles Paul has done. For as highly rated as he was coming out of high school he should have been an immediate impact player. Instead, he's been average at best.

And, for the record the coaches were raving about Bell and Kinnie during spring ball. Furthermore, I threw Cooper/Marlowe in there because honestly who else is there? Wes Cammack?

More of a proven commodity on the field Jen. Not that I am jumping to the moon in hopes of seeing Wes start, but he has played in games actually and even has something that the majority of the receivers on the

roster do not. A 1 in the reception category.

For the record Niles will start all year. He showed flashes of the hype last year, and is head and shoulders the best blocking receiver we have. Check out McNeill's TD flip against NMS and you'll see why the coaches feel the same way.

And other than Swift, Peterson, Terrance Nunn, and Mo what other receiver the last two years has been overwhelming?

Paul

Holt

Kinnie

Gilleylen

:yeah but switch Gilleylen and Kinnie.

Nah, I think he's got it right.

X- Paul

Brooks

Cooper

Z-Holt

Gilleylen

Osborne

Y-Kinnie

Henry

The "Y" spot are the TE's in this offense so unless Kinnie and Henry have moved to TE there's no way they'll be in those positions.

Under Tom Osborne the WR's were SE = split end, FL = flanker and TE = (obviously) tight end.

Under the former head coach, and now Shawn Watson, the SE = X, Y = TE and FL = Z.

Well thank you wikiped.......I mean Jen and In the deed. I'm sure the rest of the board was super confused by what I meant. It's not as if "Y" is a commonly used vernacular for the slot receiver in most offenses. :sarcasm

Here it is, the semifreddo version of the WR shot-calling thread. You've been brave enough to dabble in the not-so-murky world of QBs, where Zac Lee enters as King and the ducks are in their rows. But are you Husker enough to call the WRs this year?

No fewer than 16 players entered Fall Camp vying for playing time at Wide Receiver this year. Coach Wats let slip that Niles Paul is the front-runner for game time, so that's your easy pick. What we're looking for are your next two WRs who will have the biggest impact this year. Just two, your top two. GO.

My top two are Brandon Kinnie and Chris Brooks. Call it a gut feeling, call it prescience, call it whatever. I think these three guys - Paul, Kinnie and Brooks - will have the biggest impact this year. Yeah, Meno Holt is getting a lot of press, but maybe, just maybe, this is Brooks' year.

Time will tell.

Holt and Kinnie, just cannot get on the Paul bandwagon until I see him in action

Paul

Holt

Kinnie

Gilleylen

:yeah but switch Gilleylen and Kinnie.

Nah, I think he's got it right.

X- Paul

Brooks

Cooper

Z-Holt

Gilleylen

Osborne

Y-Kinnie

Henry

Well thank you wikiped.......I mean Jen and In the deed. I'm sure the rest of the board was super confused by what I meant. It's not as if "Y" is a commonly used vernacular for the slot receiver in most offenses. :sarcasm

Man, who sh#t in your cornflakes?

hmmm out of 19 WR's on the team, 8 of them are from Nebraska...

Where is that thread saying our in-state recruitment has slipped? :)

Ok, being serious now. As much as i would like not to get hyped about Paul this year, i am. If he can keep his nose clean and pull through for us and Lee, we should be ok. If not, well we still have Holt and McNeill. So here it is...

#1. Niles Paul

#2. Menelik Holt

#3. Curenski Gilleylen

#4. Chris Brooks

#5. Antonio Bell

#6. Will Henry

#7. Wes Cammack

Now personally, i wouldn't be surprised if Brooks will be #3 or #4, he showed great skill and determination during the spring game, however that was the last we heard of him. I named Cammack in because of his recent scholarship approval, i mean if he hasn't been impressing the coaches, why did he get the scholarship for his senior year? Antonio Bell played in the spring game and showed great skill along wth Brooks, why not see him during the regular season?

*edit* Changed the listing to take Mendoza out, thanks caveman99 for the link. :)

hmmm out of 19 WR's on the team, 8 of them are from Nebraska...

Where is that thread saying our in-state recruitment has slipped? :)

Ok, being serious now. As much as i would like not to get hyped about Paul this year, i am. If he can keep his nose clean and pull through for us and Lee, we should be ok. If not, well we still have Holt and McNeill. So here it is...

#1. Niles Paul

#2. Menelik Holt

#3. Marcus Mendoza (Ill explain at the bottom)

#4. Curenski Gilleylen

#5. Chris Brooks

#6. Antonio Bell

#7. Will Henry

#8. Wes Cammack

Now personally, i wouldn't be surprised if Brooks will be #3 or #4, he showed great skill and determination during the spring game, however that was the last we heard of him. I named Cammack in because of his recent scholarship approval, i mean if he hasn't been impressing the coaches, why did he get the scholarship for his senior year? Antonio Bell played in the spring game and showed great skill along wth Brooks, why not see him during the regular season?

Now for Mendoza, i have not heard of him making the move to RB as of yet, he is still listed as a WR, therefore im keeping him in the lineup. That doesnt mean i don't think he will be seeing some playing time at RB, or praticing as one, but i think what the coached want to do is give him reps as RB and make him a versatile asset should anything happen to Helu or Burkhead doesn't step up.

Mendoza has been practicing at I-Back fulltime since 8/22.

8/26 Practice report: Mendoza happy with return to I-back

Mendoza returns to backfield: Sophomore Marcus Mendoza feels good about his return to I-back, saying the position feels “natural” after spending the spring and first couple of weeks of fall camp at wide receiver.

“I had kind of talked to the coaches about it before, and then the situation (with Quentin Castille) happened, and then made the switch back,” said Mendoza, who returned to the I-back position Saturday.

Of the backs vying for playing time behind Roy Helu, Mendoza is the only one who has carried the ball in a college game. The 5-foot-10, 190-pound native of Houston had 15 carries for 103 yards and a touchdown last year.

“I’m not going back thinking that I earned anything just because I've been there,” Mendoza said. “I know I’ve got to compete and work for a job, and that's what I'm doing.”