prediction for # of husker fans in Blacksburg

cfbrt

i think we will lane stadium like we did against ND.

:clap

I don't think so. For one thing, ND fans were afraid of a major blowout, and many sold their tickets to pay for the rest of their season, rather than suffer through a 50 point game. Turned out they missed a thriller. Anyway, VT is primed for a big season, especially if they beat Bama, so tickets won't be as easy to come by.

For another, VT isn't quite the destination that ND is. It'll be great, but not quite like ND.

It also isn't drivable from Nebraska, for the most part (though I drove from Lincoln to beyond Blacksburg about 7 years in a row). Lots of fans on the east coast, but not as many as the midwest.

I'll buy between 5 and 10K, probably closer to 10K, but not the 25-30K we had at South Bend.

2 here in red.

The South Bend invasion was the best ever. At a Gameday game no less. Making it all the better. WF 2007 was pretty great too, a game I was able to attend. :corndance

I'm considering making the trip to the VT game, any guesses on how many husker fans will make the trip?

No matter how many of you can make it to Blacksburg, I really hope you have a great time while at Lane and on and around our beautiful campus. I know it will be a great game and I hope we have as great of a time together as we had in Lincoln last year.

Based on what I hear from friends working in the athletic department, there are rarely enough tickets being put on sale by our fans to allow more than 8000 fans from the opposing teams to make it to the game.

Best of luck to you against FAU this weekend. I will try to keep an eye on the score while at the Georgia Dome.