Three defining weeks?

craigsker

I would love to share your confidence that we get to that part of the schedule unbowed. But first things first. VT at their house is unlikely to go well. Can we win? Sure. Will we be favored? Very unlikely.

Misery, of late they have had our number. I fear them more than VT this year. They have the QB we wish we had, with no disrespect to Zac. They have the best running back tandem with the exit of Q in the north. Their offensive line looks very good. Like Tex Tech, I suspect they will have recievers that can catch and run even thought hey don't have the Maclin kid and that tight end. We will have to score a whole lot of points to beat them at their house I think. Can we win? Sure. Will we be favored? Not if they are undefeated and beat Illinois and Nevada and we lose to VT.

If we lose those two games early then the three you speak of will be tough to get through. FIRST THINGS FIRST. We have to play close or win at VT and we have to win at Misery that has beaten us by several TDs the last two tries.

Worrying about later season and playing Ok is silly until we prove we can play with/beat Missouri and VT. We need to establish that we are the NU of old and not wuss out on the road early. We can do it. Now they have to go out and do it. GBR

One thing you forget though is that Missouri had piss poor defense last year, and we have arguably the best defensive mind in the Big 12. Not going to say that we have the best defense, but I think the matchups are in our favor. They also have two brand new coordinators, something else goes in our favor.

Looking at the schedule, I couldn't help notice these three weeks on the schedule. They pose some challenges for the team and could define the season. The game at Baylor may be a little overstated, but they have shown continued improvement.

Kansas, Colorado, and Missouri.

Keep in the North Division...if we do that we probably get another crack at OU in the B12 CG.

You mean a crack at Texas in the Big 12 Title game...

Wow the fact you think you have a prayer against a very good VTech team is amusing but OU? THAT is funny. Going into Baylor, MU, KU and CU will define your season, 2 and 2 record would be outstanding. Not bashing just realistic, unlike husker fans who come on tigers bds. Overlooking Baylor and Ttech would be a mistake, by all accounts baylor has a ton of very good athletes, glad mu has them at home and TTech always reloads on O, they will put up a ton of pts on you and everyone else, an upgraded D will make them very tough matchups.

7 win season is more realistic as KU will blitz you in Lorance offensively, if TR is still mobile with a young oline, which is NU's best opportunity to slow them down. MU like NU is loaded with question marks everywhere but with much better talent. being a spread team and with the top prostyle qb of his class(as you know very well), they should be very good offensively, Defense should be better, faster anyway.

What is NU's strength on O? With Q gone, can Hulu carry the primary load and stay healthy? Passing attack will be weak, so hulu and reserves are needed in big way.

games are starting, time to stop speculating and see how it all plays out. have a fun season and temper your expectations, all this talk of national prominence is amusing but silly. find out who your HC is first, he beat no one of consequence last yr, staff has recruited poorly as many of you pt out, see how he does with a very tough schedule. VTech game will tell you a lot about him and your team. Enjoy.

Somebody's spell check is broken...

Can somebody tell me who this "Lorance" character is???

Sun Tzu said, "never underestimate your opponent". I honestly think, the first 3 weeks are the biggest. I know the first two games are against "lesser" competition, but that makes them any less important.

Those first two games could very well show us where the strengths are and expose some weaknesses...

Wow the fact you think you have a prayer against a very good VTech team is amusing but OU? THAT is funny. Going into Baylor, MU, KU and CU will define your season, 2 and 2 record would be outstanding. Not bashing just realistic, unlike husker fans who come on tigers bds. Overlooking Baylor and Ttech would be a mistake, by all accounts baylor has a ton of very good athletes, glad mu has them at home and TTech always reloads on O, they will put up a ton of pts on you and everyone else, an upgraded D will make them very tough matchups.

7 win season is more realistic as KU will blitz you in Lorance offensively, if TR is still mobile with a young oline, which is NU's best opportunity to slow them down. MU like NU is loaded with question marks everywhere but with much better talent. being a spread team and with the top prostyle qb of his class(as you know very well), they should be very good offensively, Defense should be better, faster anyway.

What is NU's strength on O? With Q gone, can Hulu carry the primary load and stay healthy? Passing attack will be weak, so hulu and reserves are needed in big way.

games are starting, time to stop speculating and see how it all plays out. have a fun season and temper your expectations, all this talk of national prominence is amusing but silly. find out who your HC is first, he beat no one of consequence last yr, staff has recruited poorly as many of you pt out, see how he does with a very tough schedule. VTech game will tell you a lot about him and your team. Enjoy.

not from a lack of talent and for WR depth...... i dont think we have any clue what our passing attack will be like. what they lack is experience. but will have more pure talent and speed on the feild at those positions than we had in years. you might want to educate yourself better before come in and tell everyone how it is

as for competing with ou... remember how with cally we got blasted by ou and tech his first year and then should have beat tech and played ou a lot closer? its a new year and we are playing at home.

Somebody's spell check is broken...

Can somebody tell me who this "Lorance" character is???

Sun Tzu said, "never underestimate your opponent". I honestly think, the first 3 weeks are the biggest. I know the first two games are against "lesser" competition, but that makes them any less important.

Those first two games could very well show us where the strengths are and expose some weaknesses...

http://www.city-data.com/township/Lorance-Bollinger-MO.html

??