Red field turf in Memorial Stadium

mcintyre1

and it's against the rules now.

Really? Did Boise get grand-fathered in?

Edit:

According to Wikipedia, this is an urban legend:

Blue turf myths

There are many myths about the blue turf. Two of the most prevalent are:

There is an NCAA rule banning turf colors other than green, but BSU's field is allowed to remain blue under a grandfather clause.

The NCAA has no such rule; any school may paint its field any color other than green if it wishes. Though painting the end zones is common, and schools have wide latitude in how to do so, only BSU has chosen a non-green color for the field itself.

Mistaking it for water, birds have flown into the blue turf.

This has never been confirmed. In 2007, Broncos coach Chris Petersen claimed to have found a dead duck on the field, though it is unclear whether or not the duck had mistaken the turf for water.[12]

You like the Smurf Turf? You may be the only sane person I've ever heard say that.

I personally think it looks retarded, and it's even worse when the Broncos wear their all blue unis. Seriously Boise, you guys look ridiculous!

Hey, maybe our red jersey's would blend into the field and get us a few more interceptions... :D

For a smaller school from a non-auto qualifying BCS conference I think it works. I think the Smurf Turf is cool! At Nebraska? Hell no! I think the two-tone green we have now is sharp!

I can confirm that there have been problems with ducks crashing into the Smuf Turf. That is crazy stuff.

SUPERBUNNY

For a smaller school from a non-auto qualifying BCS conference I think it works. I think the Smurf Turf is cool! At Nebraska? Hell no! I think the two-tone green we have now is sharp!

I can confirm that there have been problems with ducks crashing into the Smuf Turf. That is crazy stuff.

SUPERBUNNY

I wish it was just the solid dark green color. Also, according to NCAA 10 it told me that field color other than green is now banned, I guess Boise got Grandfathered... I just played them today.

SUPERBUNNY

I wish it was just the solid dark green color. Also, according to NCAA 10 it told me that field color other than green is now banned, I guess Boise got Grandfathered... I just played them today.

They're wrong, it is not banned... read above.

How do you like NCAA 10? I put off getting it because I didn't think enough would change.

SUPERBUNNY

They're wrong, it is not banned... read above.

How do you like NCAA 10? I put off getting it because I didn't think enough would change.

Its fun, I didn't have a previous NCAA game. I put in my stadium sounds and it is very authentic.

Bottom Line: It's fun!