Meltdown by OU fans

The recipe was in place even before the game, though. That's what happens when you have to replace most of your O-line, lose your talented (and a good blocking) TE before the opener and play a good team like BYU away from home. Before Bradford went out with his injury, they weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut.

I'm certainly not going to celebrate their loss, though.

Well, if Lee got his shoulder dislocated and our backup QB looked as inept as theirs did-you know damn well that 75% of this board would be on suicide watch.

I agree, their backup looks very uncapable of doing anything correctly. Obviously he will get better over the next couple of games, but he looked very bad there for a little while.

Well, if Lee got his shoulder dislocated and our backup QB looked as inept as theirs did-you know damn well that 75% of this board would be on suicide watch.

Exactly.

I was happy as hell when i found out they lost.

Makes Nebraska look that much better.

I've been watching the game tonight on ESPNU and OU doesn't look as tough as they did last year even with Branford in the game. Their O-Line is weak and against our D-line, Bradford/Landry won't be able to sit in the pocket as much. BYU's D has been throwing them all sorts of looks with the blitz and have been very successful getting to the QB. Offensively, OU is not the powerhouse they were last year. Nowhere near it. Defensively, they still look pretty stout but one thing I've noticed is BYU is using the short passes very successfully. Their secondary is almost playing their receivers soft and letting them have the short field passes. BYU has eaten up a lot of clock using that scheme.

OU is in trouble this year no matter if Bradford and Gresham are in the game or not.

Some folks want Green playing now.. IDK if it would be that bad.( Green > L. Jones )

You know i realized last night why people want Green to play. Because they seem him as a savior for the Huskers, someone who is gonna turn the team around. But i fear with this, that if he messes up, like a true freshman could. People are gonna react in a negatively way about him. I just dont think that would be fair to hype up all this stuff about him, and then he fails and people turn their back on him. I just dont wanna see that, so i guess with my attitude of wanting to see him take it easy, im being protective of him.

If a QB is going to get blamed for a terrible season with the Huskers this year, i would rather it be Zac Lee than Cody Green. No Offense Zac Lee. :cop: