Things I want to see against Arkansas State

I realize we had no real reason to pressure FAU's QB last week,

What kind of comment is this?

There is a REAL REASON to put pressure on a QB EVERY game!!

Making excuses for ineptitude doesn't cut it.

Does destroying a team by 46 points "cut it?"

So when we're up three, four, five scores, we should be going balls-to-the-wall trying to paste their QB? Sure, let's go smash the kid up for the next two weeks. That's reasonable.

The Huskers didn't paste the FAU QB the entire game...count 'em.....ZERO sacks.

Ironically, the same amount of sacks that you have... <_<

In all seriousness though, I would like to see us record 8 sacks

The Huskers didn't paste the FAU QB the entire game...count 'em.....ZERO sacks.

How many QB pressures did they have? How many times was Smith knocked on his butt or have to throw it away? You're fooling yourself if you think the only measure of QB pressure is sacks.

The post I was quoting said "PASTE" the QB.

I don't consider a pressure of the QB the same thing as PASTE.

Most folks who don't understand the game would probably agree with you.

Keep comforting yourself with the fact that the Huskers recorded ZERO sacks.

And they felt it was okay to relax (according to another poster) because the score was out of reach.

SUH=MIA

It's not like I lost any sleep over it in the first place. I guess I'll just have to comfort myself with a 46-point margin of victory over a 2008 bowl game winner.

Most folks who don't understand the game would probably agree with you.

Keep comforting yourself with the fact that the Huskers recorded ZERO sacks.

And they felt it was okay to relax (according to another poster) because the score was out of reach.

SUH=MIA

It's not like I lost any sleep over it in the first place. I guess I'll just have to comfort myself with a 46-point margin of victory over a 2008 bowl game winner.

And how many sacks do you think MIA.....errr.....SUH will get against an actual good team?

And how many sacks do you think SUH will get against an actual good team?

What part of 49-3 confuses you?

And what part of ZERO sacks seems to baffle you?

Do you have a point, or are you just going from thread to thread to say that Suh had no sacks last game? It's like your mantra. The guy was projected to be a top ten pick in last year's draft and he only recorded seven sacks all season. You keep saying he had no sacks like it means something... brother, he had zero sacks in more than half our games last year. He's a defensive lineman. His job isn't to get sacks, it's to stuff the run and bottle up the QB if he scrambles.

I get the fact that you don't understand football. But please, have a clue what you're talking about before you prattle on like this.

Okay KNAPP, let's go back to the original post.

How can any Husker fan agree with the above quote?

No need to pressure a QB?

Are you serious?

Would Bo be cool with this?

Regardless of whether we needed to or pressure him or not, we did. Smith was knocked down and hurried all game long. He threw several passes away under duress and he had a 48% completion rate. The only stat missing was sacks, and that because their game plan was max-protect, roll Smith out of the pocket and throw on five to seven steps.

Is Bo cool with this? Obviously not, since he called our defense "soft" in the presser with Suh standing right there.

Okay KNAPP, let's go back to the original post.

How can any Husker fan agree with the above quote?

No need to pressure a QB?

Are you serious?

Would Bo be cool with this?

Regardless of whether we needed to or pressure him or not, we did. Smith was knocked down and hurried all game long. He threw several passes away under duress and he had a 48% completion rate. The only stat missing was sacks, and that because their game plan was max-protect, roll Smith out of the pocket and throw on five to seven steps.

Is Bo cool with this? Obviously not, since he called our defense "soft" in the presser with Suh standing right there.

Obviously your fellow Huskerboard poster cornutopia didn't think there was pressure. Take it up with him, not me.