For those that were at the game...

The high def on the big screens looked good. I can't really say for sure how much better it was than standard def without seeing them side by side . . . and my memory of how it looked last November is a little fuzzy.

As I said when they were first proposed, I'm not a fan of the ribbon boards. They looked tacked on to me . . . like they didn't belong there at all. (as compared to the screen in North stadium that looks like it should be there.) My primary complaint, as I feared, is that the ribbon boards showed at least 80% advertisements. Most of the time the ribbon boards showed the game clock in the middle, with advertisements on each side of that. Just outside of those advertisements were some game stats (passing yards, rushing yards, etc.) and outside of those stats were even more advertisements.

Also, because the stats were now on the ribbon boards, roughly half of the big screen in North is now devoted to ads . . . yippee.

I liked it better without the ribbon boards . . . and don't get me started on the red paint and diagonal lines on the press box.

Edit: Schnellenberger's mustache is MAGNIFICENT. I wish Pelini would grow one.

The ribbon boards don't take away from the game- they add to it. The High Def was nice, it was noticeable but not as large of an upgrade as I thought I would see. Schnellenberger's mustache was very Col. Sanders esque.

You guys got it all wrong. Don't you remember watching the '95 OU game and the kept putting a picture up of Captain Kangaroo next to Schnellenberger? Now THAT was a resemblance.

and don't get me started on the red paint and diagonal lines on the press box.

This is by far my biggest complaint when you encompass all of the changes for this year. I really do not like the way it looks on the press box, at all. It looks really tacky and out of place.

Also, I really wish they would get rid of the advertisements on the big screen and solely do them on the ribbon boards. I think the ribbon boards are fine, but if you are going to devote most of the game to displaying advertisements on the ribbon board, then maybe you can open up the big screen a bit more. For example, add the score, down and yards to go, and the clock time to the bottom of the screen, and then make the rest the football game.

Each day I become even more amazed at what people will find to complain about. The big screen looked great. The ads aren't going away, so get over it. The ribbon boards were fine and not a distraction in the least bit. Whatever you're complaining about regarding the press box, I have no idea, because I was watching the game.

There are too many people who just seem to have a need to bitch about something.