Go Big Red

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to say I've been reading these forums for a couple of years now and finally decided to join up! How's everyone doing?

I just wanted to say that I've also been to the Arkansas State forums and noticed the overwhelming amount of confidence (not saying that's a bad thing, always great to be behind your team 100%). I just wanted to ask if anyone else watched the youtube highlights of their game and noticed anything significant? One thing I noticed was the ridiculous angles the MVSU players took for tackles and just how slow and quick to give up they were. Anyone else notice it?

:restore

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to say I've been reading these forums for a couple of years now and finally decided to join up! How's everyone doing?

I just wanted to say that I've also been to the Arkansas State forums and noticed the overwhelming amount of confidence (not saying that's a bad thing, always great to be behind your team 100%). I just wanted to ask if anyone else watched the youtube highlights of their game and noticed anything significant? One thing I noticed was the ridiculous angles the MVSU players took for tackles and just how slow and quick to give up they were. Anyone else notice it?

:restore

Welcome to the board. :cheers

I would hope they would be confident, or at the very least come here and expect to win. I think their players stand a good chance of getting hurt if they don't play hard. I wouldn't respect a team that just came here looking for a paycheck and hoping not to get beat too badly.

As for their skill... it's about what you'd expect from a minor conference team. There's nothing special about their top players that you won't see from pretty much anyone in the Big XII, and their lesser-known players wouldn't make most of the rosters in the Big XII.

That doesn't meant they can't come here full of beans and knock us off in our home field. We'd better be ready to play, and I have every confidence we will be.

Welcome! Yes they do have confidence in their team, but realistically they would get a moral victory by just keeping up with us for a while . (Sorry ASU fans)

Its true. I think if we stay competitive, make your starters play all/almost all of the game, no one gets injured, and we collect 1,000,000... yeah, I think thats a moral victory.

What I don't want to happen is for us to get very close to winning like we did at Texas and have it affect the way we play later on.

Its true. I think if we stay competitive, make your starters play all/almost all of the game, no one gets injured, and we collect 1,000,000... yeah, I think thats a moral victory.

What I don't want to happen is for us to get very close to winning like we did at Texas and have it affect the way we play later on.

We know a little something about that from our previous coaching regime, unfortunately. But, a good coach will figure out how to keep the guys grounded, win or lose.

Good luck to ASU.