Question for the student section....

TheKiD

No... I don't think everyone does expect that. What we expect is the greatest/classiest fans in football. That'd be the opposite I think.

:yeah

First of all, the "Greatest Fans in College Football" thing is an opinion, and one that I think is a little conceited, actually.

The word "classiest" does not appear on the entrance to Memorial Stadium, it is something that some fans call themselves. (As stated earlier) If you really are that classy, just let others say it about you, thank them, and be done with it. A classy person never actually calls himself classy. He just is.

NU needs to get its students back into the atmosphere at football games. If there were more ways for them to get involved, or if they were closer to the actual game, things like this would take care of themselves. But that's a whole different ball of wax.

Anyway, college students are college students. If you want to tell them to not do the hand gesture, tell them to their face. Going to the message board to complain about it won't accomplish anything.

No... I don't think everyone does expect that. What we expect is the greatest/classiest fans in football. That'd be the opposite I think.

First of all, the "Greatest Fans in College Football" thing is an opinion, and one that I think is a little conceited, actually.

The word "classiest" does not appear on the entrance to Memorial Stadium, it is something that some fans call themselves. (As stated earlier) If you really are that classy, just let others say it about you, thank them, and be done with it. A classy person never actually calls himself classy. He just is.

NU needs to get its students back into the atmosphere at football games. If there were more ways for them to get involved, or if they were closer to the actual game, things like this would take care of themselves. But that's a whole different ball of wax.

Anyway, college students are college students. If you want to tell them to not do the hand gesture, tell them to their face. Going to the message board to complain about it won't accomplish anything.

Actually it's a fact.

Actually it's a fact.

Actually, its not. A fact is something that cannot be disputed, meaning it is absolutely true.

Fact: NU fans are great fans.

Opinion: NU fans are the greatest in college football.

Just because its on the outside of our stadium does not make it fact. Lee Corso saying it on Gameday does not make it fact. Having 300+ consecutive sellouts does not make it fact.

Florida fans think they are the greatest. Michigan fans think they are the greatest.

Actually it's a fact.

Actually, its not. A fact is something that cannot be disputed, meaning it is absolutely true.

Just because its on the outside of our stadium does not make it fact. Lee Corso saying it on Gameday does not make it fact. Having 300+ consecutive sellouts does not make it fact.

Florida fans think they are the greatest. Michigan fans think they are the greatest.

Not trying to sound conceited, but I think it is widely known that Memorial stadium has uniquely fantastic fans. I'm not saying that I think we're "better" than other fans, but it's definitely not a common thing to have such high respect from MOST everyone around the country. Everyone that is interviewed talks about how great our fans are... I have never heard a player or coach from another team (nor have I heard fans visiting) say that they didn't think our fans were the best they've seen.

YES.... it's not a FACT, because it could be disputed... but it is definitely a common opinion, NOT just one held by Nebraska fans and natives. :cheers

Also.... 300 consecutive sellouts is crazy... and our sellout record will NEVER be touched. I think that definitely says something about our fan base, that through thick and thin we are there for our team, which, yes... does make us great. Watching other "great" fanbases, at the first sign of bad luck, they are booing their coach and players.

I may sound conceited, but that's fine with me, because Through the gates of Memorial Stadium pass the TRULY GREATEST fans in college football. :w00t

:restore

Actually it's a fact.

Not trying to sound conceited, but I think it is widely known that Memorial stadium has uniquely fantastic fans. I'm not saying that I think we're "better" than other fans, but it's definitely not a common thing to have such high respect from MOST everyone around the country. Everyone that is interviewed talks about how great our fans are... I have never heard a player or coach from another team (nor have I heard fans visiting) say that they didn't think our fans were the best they've seen.

YES.... it's not a FACT, because it could be disputed... but it is definitely a common opinion, NOT just one held by Nebraska fans and natives. :cheers

Also.... 300 consecutive sellouts is crazy... and our sellout record will NEVER be touched. I think that definitely says something about our fan base, that through thick and thin we are there for our team, which, yes... does make us great. Watching other "great" fanbases, at the first sign of bad luck, they are booing their coach and players.

I may sound conceited, but that's fine with me, because Through the gates of Memorial Stadium pass the TRULY GREATEST fans in college football. :w00t

:restore

Sorry, this is also an opinion. Not that I disagree with it.

Actually it's a fact.

It's a fact and Florida, Meatchicken and all other fans are wrong.

Actually it's a fact.

It's a fact and Florida, Meatchicken and all other fans are wrong.

AHAHAHAHA! YEEES! It's Official, Vince is right, all other arguments are wrong. Discussion closed. :w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

Listen, I know it's a fact that we're the bees knees of college football fans, the grand high poobahs beyond all others, that we're so great ours doesn't stink. You know how I know?

Because I read it on the Internet.

Case = closed.

;)

How to do this new "tangent" thing without actually "evolving".... <_<

But...

Do Bees actually have kneecaps?

And how can we "Truely" still bee the bestest (classiest?) fans if our own students are throwing wrestling holds in the air without proper provocation?