Who do you root for?

Okay....most people know I'm a Mizzou fan and this is a pretty simple question.

Flamers need not apply.

Since 99.9% of the posters on this board are Husker fans, when Mizzou is playing an opponent other than the Huskers....who do you root for?

Do you back your Big XII North brethren and root for evertyhing Big XII...specifically the North?

Do you hope that Mizzou wins and makes a Husker matchup that much more meaningful?

or

Do you just hate those clowns from the beautiful state to the SE and hope they never win a game?

As a Mizzou fan, I'm torn.

Being a Missouri native, I have come to despise anything Jayhawk, Sooner or Bugeater.

I've been a fan of the Tigers since the 60's and watched Mizzou hold their own until the late 70's. (Until that dreadful losing streak lasted till '03)

So it's good to see that the order is being restored and Mizzou is winning with regularity against the Huskers.

When it comes to the Husker-Hokie matchup, half of me wants the Huskers to win and have both teams go into the October 8th matchup with undefeated records and major impact. The other half wants to see a HUGE defeat, so you guys are kept in check a little bit.

Your thoughts and comments start...............NOW.

things to do before rooting methzou...immitate 1 guy 1 cup, immitate 2 girls 1 cup, immitate the bme pain olympics, become a christian. say that i love christianity and it's ability to take the man hood away from a man. oh and become friends with osama bin laden.

I root for all the big 12 teams with 2 exceptions. Colorado and Missouri. Simply put, I don't enjoy a majority of the fans. I don't wan't to offend you or anything I'm sure your a perfectly nice person, but from the road games to Col and Mizz the fans were absolutely awful.

I really don't have any other bad blood with any other team or fans, I really enjoy every other matchup we have in the big 12. But when I can't put a husker sticker on my car when I travel to Mizz or Col, for fear of it being keyed... all respect is gone.

I only root for three things. The Huskers, The Minnesota Twins, and my girlfriend taking her top off. Come to think of it I root for the last one more than anything.

I appreciate what other teams in the B-12 winning will do for us, but there is no way I can cheer for most of them, I want them to be strong, but when I see OU, CU, MU etc. go down, it brings a warm feeling to my heart.

In the end though, Mizzou and KSU and CU are jokes of programs and not worth our hate. At least someone like OU is respectable, and even though I hate them, it's a hate born from the fact that they are a damn good program and we have a nearly equal series record over the long course of the two programs. We've had great games, and they've gone through us to win it all, and we've gone through them. That's how important it is. Mizzou, KSU, and CU are and always have been obsolete in the Big12/Big8, other than a few odd years where they've made some noise.

Care to explain why the Mizzou program is a joke?

I'd like some facts.

If you don't like the fans....fine.

If you don't like the state....fine.

But how is their program a joke?

As for the 'odd years' of Mizzou.

1957 - 1978 Mizzou was 13-9 head to head with the Huskers

1979 - 2002 Odd years

2003 - 2008 Mizzou 4-2 against the Corn

About to make it 5-2

I hope the Huskers can hold up their end of the bargain.

After that Bowling Green game, you'd best be concerned with your own house first.

Typical 'big game' hangover.

Hung up a big win on the Illini.

Play a 2nd tier school and there is bound to be a letdown.

Big game for the young Tigers.

This was a character builder.

So the "Big Game" for Mizzu..err Missoo was Illinois? Pretty pathetic especially when their other non-conference big game is here in Reno against a weak pack team.

To answer the original question, I cheer for no one but the Huskers and there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be at the game rooting for NV vs Mizue, because at least they live in reality and know that they aren't good and haven't beaten anyone worth talking about.

I hope the Huskers can hold up their end of the bargain.

After that Bowling Green game, you'd best be concerned with your own house first.

Typical 'big game' hangover.

Hung up a big win on the Illini.

Play a 2nd tier school and there is bound to be a letdown.

Big game for the young Tigers.

This was a character builder.

So the "Big Game" for Mizzu..err Missoo was Illinois? Pretty pathetic especially when their other non-conference big game is here in Reno against a weak pack team.

To answer the original question, I cheer for no one but the Huskers and there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be at the game rooting for NV vs Mizue, because at least they live in reality and know that they aren't good and haven't beaten anyone worth talking about.

I'm not trying to flame or anything but I need to know something -- exactly who have the Huskers beaten this year??

I always pull for Big 12 teams in out of conference matchups, including Missouri. I always pull for the North in North vs. South games, except for Missouri. I want any other Big 12 team to destroy Mizzou. Sorry.

Outside of the Big 12, I usually pull for Alabama, just so that my wife doesn't have a crap day (which helps me not to have a crap day!).