Who do you root for?

I hope the Huskers can hold up their end of the bargain.

After that Bowling Green game, you'd best be concerned with your own house first.

Typical 'big game' hangover.

Hung up a big win on the Illini.

Play a 2nd tier school and there is bound to be a letdown.

Big game for the young Tigers.

This was a character builder.

So the "Big Game" for Mizzu..err Missoo was Illinois? Pretty pathetic especially when their other non-conference big game is here in Reno against a weak pack team.

To answer the original question, I cheer for no one but the Huskers and there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be at the game rooting for NV vs Mizue, because at least they live in reality and know that they aren't good and haven't beaten anyone worth talking about.

I'm not trying to flame or anything but I need to know something -- exactly who have the Huskers beaten this year??

That's not a flame. The answer is that we have not beaten anyone that's going anywhere at the end of the season. In that regard we are in the same shape as Misery. I actually thought Illinois was better than they seem to be and would pound Mizzou. They did not but now I think it is more about them than Misery.

We have beaten NOT MUCH to this point. That can all change Saturday. If we win at VT, then until we play the Big Red will have to be a heavy favorite over Mo. If we lose close--it's a tossup. If the worst happens, then the Tiggers can take heart.

I always pull for the conference teams to win out of conference games, and against them, when they play the Huskers. I like to see any opponent undefeated when they meet us. Of course if we need them to have a conference loss to help us get the south title, than I will root against them before they get to us.

Doesn't help us much to beat an 0-10 team, other than to pad our record. The way the bcs is set up now, it could drop you in strength of schedual enough to lower you, out of a bcs bowl, if its close with another school, points wise.

Other than the Huskers, I will pull for the Arizona Wildcats, of the Pac 10, just because they never have been to the Rose Bowl, don't win much and the Arizona State Sun Devils get all the hype in the state.

Least fav team's Notre Dame, Mich, & Miami. [ and maybe V.Tech after this weekend :lol: j/k]

GBR!!!

I'd love to share why Missouri is a joke. They have won nothing respectable in the entire program's history. No championships. No conference championships. And they've won the North what, 3 times ever? Maybe a few more in 1946 or whatever.. those were the days. No Heismans. They have no tradition whatsoever.

And for the big kicker, I know Missouri is a joke because you're on a husker board bragging about a 2 year streak against us. You should act like you've been there before. Oh wait, you haven't. You think about the Big Red. We barely waste time thinking about you.

I

And for the big kicker, I know Missouri is a joke because you're on a husker board bragging about a 2 year streak against us. You should act like you've been there before. Oh wait, you haven't. You think about the Big Red. We barely waste time thinking about you.

Obviously you DO think about me because you have had a retort for about 95% of my posts.

I'm on this board because I am subjected to nothing but 24 hour Husker living in Omaha.

The fervor your cohorts exhibit for your team is rather fascinating.

I'm trying to infiltrate the enemy line and see how you guys tick.

Now....If you don't have something constructive to add to this topic, I will have to ask the ADMINS to put your account in the penalty box/woodshed/or whatever happens in here.

:LOLtartar

And finally....When the Huskers lose this weekend, are you going to be conspicuously quiet and say you have stuff to do?

Or will you be here taking your lumps like a man?

I'm actually torn about this game.

I really hate the Huskers and hope they get plastered.

Realistically, I don't think they can hang with VaTech and have put my money where my mouth is and paired the Hokies up in a parlay with my bookie.

But....as for what this thread is originally about, I kind of hope the Cornchuckers win because I would prefer Mizzou knock off an undefeated Bugeater team than a 3-1 squad.

Obviously you DO think about me because you have had a retort for about 95% of my posts.

Right, when you're on here talking sh#t I'll think enough to reply. I have never had the inclination to go to a Mizzou board and post there. I would only do that if I cared enough to do that, and I don't. But you do. Don't forget you're on a Husker Board, I'm not on a Mizzou board.

I'm on this board because I am subjected to nothing but 24 hour Husker living in Omaha.

How interesting. You're subjected to 24 hour Husker living in Omaha, which you despise, so you come onto a HUSKER BOARD? Normally when you don't like something, you don't surround yourself by it even more.

If you don't have something constructive to add to this topic, I will have to ask the ADMINS to put your account in the penalty box/woodshed/or whatever happens in here.

You asked who we rooted for. I said I never root for CU or Mizzou. I answered your question.

And finally....When the Huskers lose this weekend, are you going to be conspicuously quiet and say you have stuff to do?

Or will you be here taking your lumps like a man?

I have never said Nebraska will beat VT or will beat Mizzou. It's likely we can lose both, but it could also be that we win both, or win one or the other. I'm objective about my team. Both will be good road games that are measuring sticks for team/season. It's obvious you're just dying to open your mouth in the event Mizzou wins. You're just waiting for it. It's rather pathetic. I enjoy watching the games and watching the team progress, I don't need to flaunt every win and talk sh#t to make myself feel better about my team. We'll see what happens in the next two weeks.

I find the Missouri Fan Base fascination with Husker Fanaticism absolutely fascinating. I mean the fact that you and your fellow Mizzou fans don't understand why we are so obsessed with the Huskers should reveal a lot to you. I am not saying you are wrong and we are right or visa versa, just different. Maybe I can explain it by looking at your fan base. Over the last 4 years your fellow fans have been puffing out their chests with exuberant pride for Mizzou Football, and rightfully so I should add. You weren't that way prior, you had trouble selling out your stadium, had no sense of loyalty from in-state recruits, and BBall may have been more popular. All of the sudden you have a Coach do a good job and you are touting Consecutive North Division Titles and wins over the Huskers. You act like NU is the redheaded step child that you will beat down each year. You can't understand it when instate recruits go out of state. Success is contagious my friend. Now multiply what you have experienced by 100 and you have what we as the Husker Fan Base have experienced. Can you blame us for being the way we are? Heck you have a couple of 10+ win seasons, get ranked #1 for a single week or so, and you are trouncing across Big XII North Team Message Boards with a sense of entitlement.

Being raised in S.C. all my good freinds and wife are Clemson fans so I attend alot of there games so I guess I pull for them 2nd even though I always wear something Nebraska into the games, should be interesting this yr., we also hit the bars in Clemson and I feel sure some drunk is going to have a comment to piss me off.

Typically...Clemson fans wouldn't say anything...but drunks will mess things up.

I find the Missouri Fan Base fascination with Husker Fanaticism absolutely fascinating. I mean the fact that you and your fellow Mizzou fans don't understand why we are so obsessed with the Huskers should reveal a lot to you. I am not saying you are wrong and we are right or visa versa, just different. Maybe I can explain it by looking at your fan base. Over the last 4 years your fellow fans have been puffing out their chests with exuberant pride for Mizzou Football, and rightfully so I should add. You weren't that way prior, you had trouble selling out your stadium, had no sense of loyalty from in-state recruits, and BBall may have been more popular. All of the sudden you have a Coach do a good job and you are touting Consecutive North Division Titles and wins over the Huskers. You act like NU is the redheaded step child that you will beat down each year. You can't understand it when instate recruits go out of state. Success is contagious my friend. Now multiply what you have experienced by 100 and you have what we as the Husker Fan Base have experienced. Can you blame us for being the way we are? Heck you have a couple of 10+ win seasons, get ranked #1 for a single week or so, and you are trouncing across Big XII North Team Message Boards with a sense of entitlement.

You make some good points, caveman and thanks for not acting like a douche.

Yes, the Mizzou football program was a mess.

The inner city schools that produce butt loads of talent accused Mizzou coaches of being racist.

Hence, no good recruits from instate and across the river in E St. Louis.

Now, Pinkel is in...Mizzou is being restored to what it was in the 60's and 70's.

I grew up with Mizzou football.

Listened to it on a transistor radio in the backyard with my Dad raking leaves.

I am proud as hell it's back.

You should understand my glee....especially when I am surrounded by Husker fans like Cheshire who post on here like his sh1t don't stink.

But you also have to understand that being from St. Louis, there are so many other sports to root for and take my interest.

Cardinals

Rams

Blues

Tigers basketball, football & baseball

Billikens basketball & soccer

Hell.....even KC has the Chiefs and Royals.

Tons of teams to draw the attention of the sports fan.....you guys really don't know what you're missing.

So it's not surprising when Faurot Field in Columbia doesn't sell out when they're not winning.

Finally...I wouldn't say we're here out of entitlement.

We're just excited. You should understand that after having Husker success for so many years.

There are numerous Husker posters on the Tiger boards that I visit.

I think it's funny and don't take exception to it whatsoever.

Some people take this sh1t way too seriously.

It's football....it's a bunch of teenage boys running around....and it's treated like a religion/cult up here.

I know my post is all over the place and kind of runs on.

I'm trying to type it fast and get some sleep.

See you boys tomorrow for the next round of posts.

Until Chase "Boogie" Daniel, I had no problem cheering for Mizzou. However, I must admit that I found myself giddy at the thought of Bowling Green whoopin up on them when it was like 20-6. I cheer for every other Big 12 school except for Texas and Texas A&M. The reason I can't stand Texas is because of what Mack did to Major Applewhite. The reason I can't stand A&M is because of what they did to Slocum. He was twice the coach of the two jokers that have come after him. Now that tons of fun Prince is gone from KState, I can finally start cheering for them again.

...But you also have to understand that being from St. Louis, there are so many other sports to root for and take my interest.

Cardinals

Rams

Blues

Tigers basketball, football & baseball

Billikens basketball & soccer

Hell.....even KC has the Chiefs and Royals.

Tons of teams to draw the attention of the sports fan.....you guys really don't know what you're missing.

So it's not surprising when Faurot Field in Columbia doesn't sell out when they're not winning.

Finally...I wouldn't say we're here out of entitlement.

We're just excited. You should understand that after having Husker success for so many years.

There are numerous Husker posters on the Tiger boards that I visit.

I think it's funny and don't take exception to it whatsoever.

Some people take this sh1t way too seriously.

It's football....it's a bunch of teenage boys running around....and it's treated like a religion/cult up here.

Living in Phoenix, there's quite a few sporting events I could go to..But Nebraska just doesn't play out here often enough..So mostly..I've been to a few high school football games and my Son's LL Soccer/baseball/flag football games since we played ASU in '96.

I went to a Cardinals preseason game against the Bears when I first moved out here , but the quality of play wasn't near as good as I was used to growing up in Nebraska.

As to your question: I wish every team we played could be undefeated when they play us..And be so beat up afterward that they'd just barely win the rest of their games..But still win to make our SOS look good.

To be honest..The only team I "hated" as a youngster was Missouri because to me they were the definition of a "dirty team"..I still can't get the vision of one of your guys trying to hit Jarvis Redwine's knee sideways on an extra point.

I did however root for you guys over Kansas a year or two after a hot co-ed wearing a Missouri sweatshirt in a KC bar made eyes at me..(Or was it looked in my general direction without running away screaming?) I spent the night on her futon while she slept with my wingman.

But then my cousin's son walked on at KU ~5 years ago and I switched sides.

So far the only team I've never rooted for is Miami..Followed by ND, Mechicken, almost any Big Televen team..And most SEC teams.

I actually like Colorado and Kansas State..especially when they're winning..and love how you guys have been handling Ill-anoy...Usually root for the old Big 8 teams over the 4 old SWC texas interlopers, but sorta like aTm due to a former co-worker graduating from there.

If we beat OU this year, I'll probably root for Texas to win the South because I'd rather not have a rematch in the conference championship game..

(Being a Husker fan..I still naturally assume we'll be there).

Interconference play..Usually want the highest representation in the top ten in the polls, so it varies who I want knocking each other off and by how much.

I was at the Mizzou game last year in Lincoln and sat in Row A. First of all I didn't even know there was a Row A until this game. We were right behind the Huskers bench and they were amazing seats...but I digress.

A young Mizzou fan sat behind and absolutely berated Pelini, the Huskers, the fans around him. IMHO, it was the kind of berating that went behind normal "jawing." He was the rudest fellow I've encountered in all of my days at The Memorial. It was the only time in all of the games I've gone to over the years that I've wanted to punch someone in the throat.

I determined that day, childish though it may be, I would never root for Mizzou again. Be it basketball, football, baseball, golf, freestyle frisbee catching, etc...

Ah. Venting is so therapeutic. Now I gotta go call my therapist and tell her I'm all better.

My .02