Peter fires up Suh

np_husker

I've got chills thinking about how the Nebraska Defense is gonna unleash the beast on Virginia Tech Saturday. This is exactly what the team needs, to get fired up by former players and let them know how to get that fire back.

And I have chills thinking about our running backs running outside, making your young linebackers whiff, and screaming down the sideline into the endzone. :koolaid2:

... all in good fun ... I can't wait until Saturday. :wasted

No worries VT, respectful smack is good stuff.

:clap

I've got chills thinking about how the Nebraska Defense is gonna unleash the beast on Virginia Tech Saturday. This is exactly what the team needs, to get fired up by former players and let them know how to get that fire back.

And I have chills thinking about our running backs running outside, making your young linebackers whiff, and screaming down the sideline into the endzone. :koolaid2:

... all in good fun ... I can't wait until Saturday. :wasted

Well then careful with that RED koolaid then, you just may end rooting for the Big Red this weekend! ;)

So according to JP, to dominate on the field, you have to be a dickwad off it?

I think JP's real message is that you have to have a kick ass, take no prisoners, don't take no s*** from anyone attitude. You can't just turn it on when it's fourth and one on the goal line. It has to be part of your routine. Practice, warm ups, weights, everything.

You don't have to be a prick, just have an attitude that you're a bad dude.

A guy that comes to mind is Ray Lewis. Talk about intensity, this guy has it big time. He's not a jerk or anything during interviews (he actually comes off as a real intelligent person), but there is no way I'd put my arm on his armchair in a movie theater.

I think a lot has to do with the swagger that comes along with being a D1 football player. I would think you should have that mentality of I AM A HUSKER and I AM HERE TO KICK A**. Whether you think players or former players are pricks off the field is your own opinion, but you sure as hell will cheer for them when they do start dominating games again. I for one do not really like cockiness but when guys like Peter and Wistrom played they deserved to be cocky. The swagger of the Huskers needs a reinvention sooner than later.