Thunderstruck

gotchman

I throw a vote in for rap... but it will never happen.

I love the sound of rap mixed in with a marching band!

something like

I like that song even though it is pretty old (at least for rap :))

The thing is, with rap it is more about the lyrics and the hard beat, with metal or rock it is just about the intensity.

How could these lyrics not pump you up?:

Tell me what do you see

When you looking at me

On a mission to be

What I'm destined to be

I done been through the pain and the sorrow

The struggle is nothing but love (nothing but love)

How the hell could you stop me?

Why in the world would you try?

I go hard forever,

That's just how I'm designed,

That's just how I was built

See the look in my eyes?

You take all of this from me,

And I'm still gon' survive

"Put On" by Young Jeezy is of course the best pump up song of all time, followed by a close second "All the above" by Maino. Nothing beats rap for pump up purposes. But this is Nebraska we are talking about, so that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

Those are the two best pump up songs you know? Really? I don't think it's just Nebraska where this won't fly.

I like Sirius, but it's only been around 15 years, and we copied it from the Bulls anyway. It wouldn't kill me to update it. But not for crap.

I like Rap, but Im not sure either of those songs would fit. Rollin' by Limp Bizkit might, Maybe something by Tech n9ne or Hush. Id like a heavier song for the tunnel walk.

Imagine Gin and Juice or something by Cypress Hill...nah, Dr Tom wouldnt let that fly.

How is there nobody on this board who likes rap? It is one of the most popular categories of music today ... probably the most popular among college students!

simple i have respect for myself.

rap is absolute crud and really shouldn't count as music.

and for college students? ever since highschool i always loved those who loved rap, it was good for a quick exercise in beating skulls.

Watching the VT entrance to Enter Sandman, it makes me wish we had a good rock song for the Tunnel Walk. I understand the stiffy everyone has over Sirius because of "Tradition", but the Tunnel Walk is less than 15 years old and is in need of a new song.

Trying to think of a song that is rocking, something the fans could get into, and wouldn't piss the bluehairs off, I came to 1 logical song that I have never really seen brought up before in other threads.

Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Somewhat slow build up and instead of "Thunder", the crowd could chant "HUSKERS". I think that would be pretty sweet, especially since the cheerleaders can't figure out how to do the "Husker Power" chant anymore...

Thoughts on this? I mean, who doesn't get pumped listening to an AC/DC song?

:bonez

AND YOU SIR, ARE A TROLL!

Tom Osborne has already talked about the tunnel walk and that it'll stay as the Sirus song.

Rap will NEVER work for the tunnel walk......EVER. I'm all up for AC/DC as a tunnel walk music because AC/DC is basically the King of Rock in my eyes.

I really liked the tunnel walk version with the Contender theme song in the beginning and then it switching to the Sirus music. The link below is one of my favorite Tunnel Walks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzBXwM6jYJo

something like

So "old", I Never heard it before..But sounds like a rip-off

Vl7Bk364UdY

One of the many frustrating things about Rap (besides not needing any talent) was their "sampling" just a tip of the iceberg of a song written by someone with actual talent...Would just "tease" the fans of the original song with snippets and adding some useless talk over what used to be pretty good music.

The fact that the Rap/Hip Hop fad has lasted longer than Disco did in my day shows more the effects of losing Art and Music in the Education System and the overall loss of an actual attention span.

I will say this though..Rap makes me feel almost as violent as Country Music...Both make me "want to push my fingers into my eyes"

This "Bluehair" would love to hear this one (Surprised there arent more Maggots out there so close to Des Moines..)

2XBbJFLU9dY

something like

Vl7Bk364UdY

One of the many frustrating things about Rap (besides not needing any talent) was their "sampling" just a tip of the iceberg of a song written by someone with actual talent...Would just "tease" the fans of the original song with snippets and adding some useless talk over what used to be pretty good music.

The fact that the Rap/Hip Hop fad has lasted longer than Disco did in my day shows more the effects of losing Art and Music in the Education System and the overall loss of an actual attention span.

I will say this though..Rap makes me feel almost as violent as Country Music...Both make me "want to push my fingers into my eyes"

This "Bluehair" would love to hear this one (Surprised there arent more Maggots out there so close to Des Moines..)

2XBbJFLU9dY

Hell Yea! I'm N! I've seen The Knot 5 times. Easily my all time favorite group. I'm a Maggot and proud of it! :woo Jesus, I could picture the old dude behind of me with the oxygen bottle ripping his seat off and chuck'n it on the field! :laughpound

something like

Vl7Bk364UdY

2XBbJFLU9dY

People used to view rock the same way rap is viewed now. Older generations hate it but the younger ones eat it up.