Thunderstruck

gotchman

I throw a vote in for rap... but it will never happen.

I love the sound of rap mixed in with a marching band!

something like

I like that song even though it is pretty old (at least for rap :) )

So "old", I Never heard it before..But sounds like a rip-off

Vl7Bk364UdY

One of the many frustrating things about Rap (besides not needing any talent) was their "sampling" just a tip of the iceberg of a song written by someone with actual talent...Would just "tease" the fans of the original song with snippets and adding some useless talk over what used to be pretty good music.

The fact that the Rap/Hip Hop fad has lasted longer than Disco did in my day shows more the effects of losing Art and Music in the Education System and the overall loss of an actual attention span.

I will say this though..Rap makes me feel almost as violent as Country Music...Both make me "want to push my fingers into my eyes"

This "Bluehair" would love to hear this one (Surprised there arent more Maggots out there so close to Des Moines..)

2XBbJFLU9dY

People used to view rock the same way rap is viewed now. Older generations hate it but the younger ones eat it up.

Not to get off topic but "original rap" was created to send a message about how urban street life was effected by every day issues...now it's made up of wannabes who "think" they have it rough, but in reality...they have it better than they think! It actually makes me chuckle when I see/hear it!

Now back on topic........I think it would be great if Thunderstruck was used. I always found it a little cheesy how we are using a song that was originally used by the Chicago Bulls, when they used to announce their players on the court.

something like

I like that song even though it is pretty old (at least for rap :))

Vl7Bk364UdY

One of the many frustrating things about Rap (besides not needing any talent) was their "sampling" just a tip of the iceberg of a song written by someone with actual talent...Would just "tease" the fans of the original song with snippets and adding some useless talk over what used to be pretty good music.

The fact that the Rap/Hip Hop fad has lasted longer than Disco did in my day shows more the effects of losing Art and Music in the Education System and the overall loss of an actual attention span.

I will say this though..Rap makes me feel almost as violent as Country Music...Both make me "want to push my fingers into my eyes"

This "Bluehair" would love to hear this one (Surprised there arent more Maggots out there so close to Des Moines..)

2XBbJFLU9dY

People used to view rock the same way rap is viewed now. Older generations hate it but the younger ones eat it up.

Yeah..Even "Back in MY day" (1780's)..it seemed like Mozart was highly critisized by the older generation.

We do tend to "eat up" what the record/radio industry force feeds us..But as you get older, you'll realize that "Popular" seldom means "good".

Not only is AC/DC overrated as hell, but Thunderstruck is one of the least original songs the Huskers could use. It's almost as played out as Enter sandman!

:yeah

When I was in college, Sirius was just coming out..seems like AC/DC was too..I just had trouble differentiating any of their songs...Maybe that is the attraction..They (Like Tom Osborn) found something that worked and stuck with it.

Even 20 years ago, I never would've thought I'd be this big of a Metal fan...I'd see Bevis and Butthead and think, "What waistoids"...But you can only listen to your moldy old stuff (classic rock) for so long..And very few other genera seems to be inovating any new worthwhile stuff.

I guess you have to decide what the main purpose of this Tunnel Walk-song is.

Hopefully, the players are so focused on the game, they wouldn't even notice if a Perry Como song was playing..(I'd like the change to Perry, though..just to show the world that we're so cool, we don't care what others think).

You almost have to pick something that's been out almost as long as the median age of the crowd has been in their twenties..So a majority will recognize it and get fired up..And all the while..try not to piss off the grandparents and grandkids...And pick a different song for each opponent..They'll never see it coming!

something like

I like that song even though it is pretty old (at least for rap :))

Vl7Bk364UdY

2XBbJFLU9dY

Yeah, well, you could say the same thing about Hannah Montana.

Personally I think we should stick with Sirius, but at the game last saturday I realized they either need a better sound system or to just turn it up a bit, you could barely hear it. If it were to be changed, I think it is best to find something that has no lyrics.

That said, some songs shyndy would like to hear:

1. Run to the Hills, Iron Maiden

2. To Cross The Bridge, High on Fire

3. Ebethron, The Sword

Basically the song has to have a good build up (which Run to the Hills doesnt really have), and be intense, high adrenaline. Personally, I like the High on Fire track, but its not for everyone i don't think. I think having a song saying "run to the hills, run for your life" before we play someone would be bad ass, even though the content of the song is kind of dark for football. If we had to have rap, I'd go with something from Saul Williams.

How is there nobody on this board who likes rap? It is one of the most popular categories of music today ... probably the most popular among college students!

No offense and hope no one takes this the wrong way, but most Nebraska fans are white and do not relate to rap music. Most rap/hip-hop songs are about inner city issues or morals, which we don't care for nor about.

Country is my favorite genre of music, but no way would I want a country song as the theme for the Tunnel Walk. Hard rock is definitely the way to go.

:facepalm:

Not only is AC/DC overrated as hell, but Thunderstruck is one of the least original songs the Huskers could use. It's almost as played out as Enter sandman!

The whole purpose of using Thunderstruck is for this fact. You can replace Thunder with Huskers in the lead up to the guitar rift. We use AC/DC for the Blackshirts and don't hear you complaining about the bells tolling for Hells Bells.

How is there nobody on this board who likes rap? It is one of the most popular categories of music today ... probably the most popular among college students!

No offense and hope no one takes this the wrong way, but most Nebraska fans are white and do not relate to rap music. Most rap/hip-hop songs are about inner city issues or morals, which we don't care for nor about.

Country is my favorite genre of music, but no way would I want a country song as the theme for the Tunnel Walk. Hard rock is definitely the way to go.

:facepalm:

lol. That's what I was thinking.