Thunderstruck

gotchman

Watching the VT entrance to Enter Sandman, it makes me wish we had a good rock song for the Tunnel Walk. I understand the stiffy everyone has over Sirius because of "Tradition", but the Tunnel Walk is less than 15 years old and is in need of a new song.

Trying to think of a song that is rocking, something the fans could get into, and wouldn't piss the bluehairs off, I came to 1 logical song that I have never really seen brought up before in other threads.

Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Somewhat slow build up and instead of "Thunder", the crowd could chant "HUSKERS". I think that would be pretty sweet, especially since the cheerleaders can't figure out how to do the "Husker Power" chant anymore...

Thoughts on this? I mean, who doesn't get pumped listening to an AC/DC song?

:bonez

"Put On" by Young Jeezy is of course the best pump up song of all time, followed by a close second "All the above" by Maino. Nothing beats rap for pump up purposes. But this is Nebraska we are talking about, so that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

you sir are a heretic. in the name of the imperium i must arrest you and cleanse you of you're crimes.

rap sucks. period.

metal is the best pump up music.

"Put On" by Young Jeezy is of course the best pump up song of all time, followed by a close second "All the above" by Maino. Nothing beats rap for pump up purposes. But this is Nebraska we are talking about, so that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

I'm gonna have to say that rap does nothing to pump me up.............It makes me throw up, if that counts.

Instead of replacing the tunnel walk, I think the AC/DC thing would be something that could be done in the minutes leading up to the tunnel walk.

Those are the two best pump up songs you know? Really? I don't think it's just Nebraska where this won't fly.

I like Sirius, but it's only been around 15 years, and we copied it from the Bulls anyway. It wouldn't kill me to update it. But not for crap.

Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Somewhat slow build up and instead of "Thunder", the crowd could chant "HUSKERS". I think that would be pretty sweet, especially since the cheerleaders can't figure out how to do the "Husker Power" chant anymore...

Great idea. i just listened to this song and the Huskers deal works perfectly in place of Thunder. This would be sick.

Side note, at the ASU game last weekend, the Husker Power chant worked out great. Although the ribbon boards were off on the timing.

How is there nobody on this board who likes rap? It is one of the most popular categories of music today ... probably the most popular among college students!

No offense and hope no one takes this the wrong way, but most Nebraska fans are white and do not relate to rap music. Most rap/hip-hop songs are about inner city issues or morals, which we don't care for nor about.

Country is my favorite genre of music, but no way would I want a country song as the theme for the Tunnel Walk. Hard rock is definitely the way to go.

How is there nobody on this board who likes rap? It is one of the most popular categories of music today ... probably the most popular among college students!

I like rap. I don't think Put On is one of the best pump up songs though.

I think We Ready by Archie and Let's Go by Trick Daddy, Lil John, and Twista are good pump up song.

Also Halftime (Stand Up and Get Crunk) is a good pump up song.

But anyway I like what we have now.