Watson

REDSTEEL

The TV announcers said our O-line was wearing down their D-line pretty bad - any comments on this? I thought that was encouraging.

We just couldn't get into rhythm today, and all those incompletions didn't help.

We're real lucky to have Wats. Where we'd be without him, I don't know.

Our running game should have snapped them in half. Then when we needed one more play we punted.

Watson did a pretty poor job today and he knows it. Another performance like this and Lee will have a quarterback controversy on his hands. WRs dropped balls, wouldn't get open. We faced a good defense today but nearly every aspect of our offense not named Roy Helu blew it. No one should call for Watson's head. Every coach has bad days. But Nebraska does not play right now with that fire-hardened edge that it used to. We have them by the throat and let them go. I think it burns down to attitude. On some level this team must have felt surprised that they had it won, and one bad coaching decision followed by a busted play put us where we are.

Too bad, so sad. Lot of season left. I hope this team takes what happened today as a personal insult to the N on their helmets and comes out frothing mad against LA Tech and Missouri.

I'm not doubting Watson's ability. I gave him credit for last season. Just wondering why we force the run against fau on the goal to go but won't give it to helu this time. Mixed message to the offense. I still feel like our identity varies week to week a little too much. I understand adjustments and defensive weakness but i can't help but wonder why roy didn't get the workload when it really mattered.

:yeah

I totally agree with you why was he forcing the pass inside the 10 and not running it? Roy was tearing them up! Why not let him win the game? <_<

Laffayette, not Tech.

But you're right Husker_x...just about the only thing that is getting me through the evening is the HOPE that our team responds to this in a positive way. I don't think we will be the same team after today. I think we'll either be a lot more determined football team, or we'll act like we just lost the Super Bowl and our season is over.

The sun will rise tomorrow. Hopefully our team doesn't take the latter attitude.

A couple things I noticed today:

Our offensive line isn't that good and obviously need to work on the penalties (JONES!!!!)

Our offense looked very slow and almost sluggish today.

Zac Lee was just off and wasn't with it the entire game.

Our receivers dropped several passes again albeit they weren't thrown the best, but they still hit their hands.

Playcalling was less than stellar, but you have to excute the plays.

Matt O'Hanlon is worthless as a safety and needs to be on the bench!

Good things:

Thank god for Alex Henery!

Defense overall played outstanding other than a few individuals.

Helu had one hell of a game.

Suh is a stud, again.

Niles Paul had some good punt returns, but he needs to stop with the whole running the entire width of the field before he runs north and south.

I think the reason people are melting down is because we can't seem to get the not beating a ranked team monkey off of our back. This is getting really old! I don't think people are so upset with our play in Blacksburg, granted we could've played alot better on offense. I just think we allowed ourselves to say finally and it came back to bite us in the arse.

here we go with throwing people under the bus because of a loss.

unbelievable

Dude...it's absolutely un-f'ing-believable how much of a meltdown this board is in. We played well in a very hostile stadium against a good VaTech team. You'd think we just lost to App St or something.

So now Lane Stadium is a hostile stadium:

All week I heard people down play the crowd with comment like this:

THE FANS DONT PLAY ITS 11 ON 11

Stadium doesn't decide the score

Doesn't effect the defense

ETC

We need to stop with the excuses. I am not calling for any coaches head or player to be benched. The coaches got out coached, the offense couldn't move the ball when it counted, and the defense relaxed on the most important play of the game. End of story.

unbelievable

Dude...it's absolutely un-f'ing-believable how much of a meltdown this board is in. We played well in a very hostile stadium against a good VaTech team. You'd think we just lost to App St or something.

ETC

We need to stop with the excuses. I am not calling for any coaches head or player to be benched. The coaches got out coached, the offense couldn't move the ball when it counted, and the defense relaxed on the most important play of the game. End of story.

So now all of us are Bo Pelini?

3rd and goal from the 31 yard line, close game, well lets call a QB draw!

The offensive play calling was ugly, just ugly.

That's a play-call that is pretty common in 3rd and forever situations and has worked against us and many others many times before. There were many many reasons why we lost the game, this.. really wasn't one of them.

3rd and goal from the 31 yard line, close game, well lets call a QB draw!

The offensive play calling was ugly, just ugly.

That's a play-call that is pretty common in 3rd and forever situations and has worked against us and many others many times before. Quit with the blaming.

Not only that, but if Lee slipped through to, say, the 20, then you're kicking the game-winning FG after that call.

It's the bitching in hindsight that annoys me the most. Probably more than this loss, to be honest.

unbelievable

ETC

So now all of us are Bo Pelini?

Unfortunatly it wasn't just Bo saying go through the thread and you will see.

Watson - past years results in bailing us out offensively while we had horrid defenses do not matter. Today, you didn't do it, so you get the blame. Watson, leave town, NOW!

[/sarcasm]

Must have missed that game when his offense bailed out the defense unless the defense he was playing was ranked 50 or above. <_<

What difference does it make what type of defense we were playing as long as our defense is giving up tons of points?

So, last year coming out of the half against Clemson, after getting stomped in the 1st half, Watson making the needed adjustments just goes un-noticed?

Or the defense giving up nearly 500 yards to Kansas and we still won by 10?

Or the Colorado game where we made Cody Hawkins look actually good?

Hell, you can even bring up where we scored 39 points and lost or the time we scored 51 points and lost.

The difference being, Watson has ALWAYS fielded quality offenses for us and shown an ability to adapt. If you couldn't see that last year, especially in that Clemson game, then I don't know.

People are quick to throw someone under the bus. It's sad that someone as good as Watson has to get it this time.

Ok lets look at that game where he NU defense made Cody look so good. A pair of interceptions and a blocked punt quickly turned a 35-24 Nebraska halftime lead into a 44-35 deficit, as Colorado scored 20 unanswered points during a 5:07 span in the third quarter en route to scoring 34 straight second-half points to end the Huskers' season with a 65-51 victory on a chilly Friday afternoon in Boulder, Colo.

The Huskers' three turnovers led directly to 21 Colorado points, while the blocked punt led to another score.

I guess in that game his ability to adapt was to have Ganz throw 2 int and take a 11 point lead into a 11 point deficit. Oh I forgot it was the defenses fault :sarcasm

Ok lets look at that game where he NU defense made Cody look so good. A pair of interceptions and a blocked punt quickly turned a 35-24 Nebraska halftime lead into a 44-35 deficit, as Colorado scored 20 unanswered points during a 5:07 span in the third quarter en route to scoring 34 straight second-half points to end the Huskers' season with a 65-51 victory on a chilly Friday afternoon in Boulder, Colo.

The Huskers' three turnovers led directly to 21 Colorado points, while the blocked punt led to another score.

I guess in that game his ability to adapt was to have Ganz throw 2 int and take a 11 point lead into a 11 point deficit. Oh I forgot it was the defenses fault :sarcasm

LOL

518 yards of total offense by Colorado

610 yards of total offense by Nebraska

277 yards rushing by Colorado

484 yards passing by Nebraska

What point are you trying to make? That somehow Watson is to blame, although his offense scored 51 points in a game? He is also responsible for the cluster bomb that was Cosgrove's defense that gave up 500+ yards to a horrid Colorado team?

Ooooooo-tay. Have fun with that argument.