open letter to all husker fans

dtbugeater

I'm reading these boards to check out the moods of my Husker friends.

I have a nice Arnold Palmer cab and a St. Louis Style thin crust square cut pizza with provel cheese going down right now. It's awesome.

Anyway....

This game meant nothing to the Huskers.

Nothing.

Were you going to win the National Championship?

No. Sorry to bust your bubble, but it wasn't going to happen.

It's not going to happen for Mizzou either.

It's okay....come down to earth.

This is an out of conference game that really has ZERO bearing on the rest of the season.

Come back next week and win an easy game.

Then bring your A game to Columbia for the Big XII opener.

pssst. Mizzou handled business in Columbia.

52-12 over the Furman 'underwater basket weavers'.

See you in <3 weeks.

I'm reading these boards to check out the moods of my Husker friends.

I have a nice Arnold Palmer cab and a St. Louis Style thin crust square cut pizza with provel cheese going down right now. It's awesome.

Anyway....

This game meant nothing to the Huskers.

Nothing.

Were you going to win the National Championship?

No. Sorry to bust your bubble, but it wasn't going to happen.

It's not going to happen for Mizzou either.

It's okay....come down to earth.

This is an out of conference game that really has ZERO bearing on the rest of the season.

Come back next week and win an easy game.

Then bring your A game to Columbia for the Big XII opener.

pssst. Mizzou handled business in Columbia.

52-12 over the Furman 'underwater basket weavers'.

See you in <3 weeks.

Thank goodness for your sanity. I've been trying to say this in several threads, but there are a LOT of people more interested in wringing their hands over this loss rather than looking at the positives we saw out there.

I'm excited for the trip to Columbia. Very excited. :)

PS - that Arnie Cab - nice? Not so nice? I've been meaning to pick some up but I don't drink reds so much in the summertime.

The pizza was home-slapped together from crusts and provel cheese imported from 'The Hill' neighborhood in St. Louis. I put some yellow/red peppers, red onions and calamata (sp?) olives on there too. Man it was tasty.

The Arnie Palmer Cabernet ($11.99 at Hy-Vee) is exquisite for the price. The temps are cooling off, dive back into the reds, knapp.

By wearing my Mizzou t-shirt this afternoon and then polo this evening, I discovered a plehora of Mizzou faithful in Omaha. Good to see.

The October 8th game will be a humdinger.

Shake off your Va Tech hangover tomorrow and prepare for the Big XII season.

The Hill neighborhood was 'settled' by Italian immigrants back in the early 1900's.

It was featured in the movie, "The Game of their Lives" that profiled the US World Cup soccer team made up mostly of men from that neighborhood.

If you keep talking nice to me knapp, I don't know what I'm going to do!! :dunno

Time to go to bed. I'll be dreaming of Blaine Gabbert TD passes dancing in my head.

I'm posting on emotion but I'm sorry I disagree...I am not going to blame anyone, but:

I am sick and tired of being every team in the Top 25's b*tch.

I'm sick of losing close games.

I'm sick of having to be subjected to all of the media's crap about "how Nebraska can't win against ranked teams."

I'm sick of of our team not deserving or getting any respect.

I hear ya. Very frustrating. I am tired of not being able to beat ranked teams. Why do other teams beat highly ranked opponents (Washington over USC...are you kidding me?). I am tired of losing on national TV. I refuse to let Mizzou humiliate us again on national TV. We MUST win that game.

If you play not to lose, you will likely lose. This is what happened today. It doesn't just boil down to one playcall, it was throughout the entire game. We need to impose our will on teams. I applaud the defense. Our offense (other than Helu) did not get the job done, poor execution. If you told me we would not score a TD against VA Tech then obviously we are not going to win.

Respect only comes when you earn it...we have yet to earn it. So until that time, I expect ESPN and the national media to cover us as just another team.