The kid got beat, it happens every game in every stadium.

If kids did not make mistakes no one would win or lose, end of story.

There were many more reasons we lost the game. As coach stated every single one was responsbile.

Simply amazing. We watch these kids play their hearts out, see them get it ripped from their chest in the final seconds and then throw them under the bus.

All of us gradutated from college (not me) planning on being millionares, how many are there on here?

Some things don't work out as you plan, Matt did everything he could to win the game. Give him a break

Yea, honestly ive seen some people frown on this kid tackling Coale from behind and not letting him get the TD so we could have more time on the clock to get Henery in FG range....

First of all to the people who believe that O'Hanlon should have let him go...

Shame on you!!

We are suppose to have a BLACKSHIRT DEFENSE!!

Even though he missed the coverage or maybe West had something to do it, or Bo Pelini made a wrong decision having Cover 2. To let Coale score, thats just wrong. Our old Blackshirt defense wouldnt let someone into the endzone just to give the offense the chance to comeback! NO! A Blackshirt defense would have stopped Coale and kept them out of the endzone and let them shoot a FG, and maybe even block it.

I applaud O'Hanlon for chasing him down and saving the TD, I applaud him from making the sack the play later. Unfortnately, we did not apply enough pressure on the next play to keep them from scoring.

But im willing to bet you, if Taylor was sacked again, or Roberts dropped the ball or Prince intercepted it, people would have been praising O'Hanlon for stopping him on 3.

Bo talked about seeing effort on the field, and even though it was a blown coverage, O'Hanlon showed effort to chase him down and prevent the TD, the Blackshirt way.

:bonez

What are you smoking.....O'Hanlon never should have let him get so open?

I totally agree!

There were many more reasons we lost the game. As coach stated every single one was responsbile.

Simply amazing. We watch these kids play their hearts out, see them get it ripped from their chest in the final seconds and then throw them under the bus.

All of us gradutated from college (not me) planning on being millionares, how many are there on here?

Some things don't work out as you plan, Matt did everything he could to win the game. Give him a break

I agree - all players gets beat. However in this situation you never let anybody, ESPECIALLY your man, get 20 yards behinds you.

He didn't get beat. He SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!

I agree - all players gets beat. However in this situation you never let anybody, ESPECIALLY your man, get 20 yards behinds you.

He didn't get beat. He SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!

You speak the truth.

I applaud O'Hanlon for chasing him down and saving the TD, I applaud him from making the sack the play later. Unfortnately, we did not apply enough pressure on the next play to keep them from scoring.

Ok, let me put this in a sentence that you can understand me.

Yes, O'Hanlon blew the coverage and let Coale get behind him, with some help from West letting him go. But for the people who call him out for knocking Coale out of bounds on the 3, instead of letting him get the TD and offense gets a shot at a FG.

Im no way condoning what O'Hanlon did as far as coverage goes, as a good thing. But the effort to knock him out of bounds, the sack, that was good job on him. Blackshirt defense doesnt just give up TD's, they make an effort to prevent them.

No differenece.

He feels worse than all of us combined.

There is no need to throw him under the bus.

We should have scored on many of the Red Zone drives.

Pentalties cost us the game for sure.

All are responsible, not one single kid who gives every thing he has to win.

Just Wrong!!!!!

Ok, let me put this in a sentence that you can understand me.

Yes, O'Hanlon blew the coverage and let Coale get behind him, with some help from West letting him go. But for the people who call him out for knocking Coale out of bounds on the 3, instead of letting him get the TD and offense gets a shot at a FG.

Im no way condoning what O'Hanlon did as far as coverage goes, as a good thing. But the effort to knock him out of bounds, the sack, that was good job on him. Blackshirt defense doesnt just give up TD's, they make an effort to prevent them.

That wasn't effort - that was fear as a result of stupidity which caused him to knock Coale out of bounds at the 3.

But the most important point is O'Hanlon never should have let him get so open

That wasn't effort - that was fear as a result of stupidity which caused him to knock Coale out of bounds at the 3.

So your agreeing that O'Hanlon should have let Coale get into the endzone? and not knocked him out at the 3yd line?

Oh no, he did the right thing IN tackling him. That's a no brainer.

Ok. :)

It looked like pretty good closing speed to me, actually..

He had one huge boneheaded play, and it hurt. But he came back the next play to sack Taylor back to the 11 and give us a real shot again. Fall down. Get back up.

I like that out of O'Hanlon.

Everyone makes mistakes. I'm not going to start calling for his head.

Remember, he saved the Clemson game for us, and he nearly saved this one, too, despite also basically giving it away. He looked like he had no business catching that guy, but he did, popped up, and went after it hard on the next play.

I thought that was Hagg? Maybe I misremembered.

nope.

Man I'm sure glad that everytime I do something wrong at my job there aren't people telling me how much I suck and what I did wrong (even though more then likely there is no way they could do it better).

Nobody feels worse about that play more then O'Hanlon. I thought it was cool that he bounced back on the very next play and laid Taylor out.

He did more than make a mistake. He SCREWED UP. The only thing he had to do is not let his man get behind him and he couldn't handle that.

Sorry - but your attempt to make us feel sorry or bad because we are being realistic about O'Hanlon screwing up what was a really an easy and simple play/ assignment isn't going to work.

Take that stuff over to Husker Pedia but don't bring it here. It won't fly as we won't allow it.

Take that stuff over to Husker Pedia but don't bring it here. It won't fly as we won't allow it.

Sorry I'm new here I haven't been through enough seasons on this board to realize how it works after a player makes a mistake and we lose. I write this down so I don't make the same mistake twice. :moreinteresting

What is this huskerpedia you speak of? <_<

Sitting back and taking notes is a good start.