If O'Hanlon is the best we have at safety, I guess that's why hes in there. When they recruited Thenarse, I thought they were very high on him and he was the safety for the future. We seem to be weak at that position now. I'm not saying O'Hanlon doesn't try to play that position to the best of his ability, but if West is looking weak at his position also, could it come back to some of the play of the safety position, that is not giving him the help when its supposed to.

This was a tough loss to take, not only for the fans, but its got to be a lot harder for the team. I'm sure they could point fingers, but they won't. They are team, and they will regroup and win 10 games this season. "This is, the break out year".

GBR!!!

Do you guys remember the end of the 95 Orange Bowl vs. Miami? We had taken total control of the game, and had heat on Costas all the time. But there was one play, I'm pretty sure it was their last series, where they had a guy 15 yards behind everyone, and Costas overthrew it. It's not a memorable play because it was incomplete, but had the pass been lofted more, it could've cost Osborne his first championship. It looked very very much like the long gain we gave up vs. VT. Man, did that '94 defense suck, right?

the guy at huskerchatter.com said maybe O'hanlon forgot that the coaches said dont let anyone get behind you. or maybe the coaches did not tell him that which they shouldve. Either way the safetys job is to let nobody get behind you and he did.

if our offensive had gotten their *** in the endzone we wouldn't be talking about #33. He played a good game, can't fault if for not playing a stellar one.

Some of you guys are freaking ridiculous. These KIDS, work very HARD to PLAY for YOUR team.

If you think a player isn't giving his best effort, that's one thing. Slacking off is unacceptable.

But when these guys make mistakes while playing the best they can, show them some damn support.

Most of you critics couldn't make it through a practice, let alone a game. I'm sure your EA Sports NCAA 2009 dynasty is doing pretty well, but our coaching staff is in charge of this team, not you.

If you want to root for a team with perfect players and coaches, clone yourself....otherwise try considering that your TEAM played a hell of a tough game and dropped it in the end.

There were plenty of positives to take away from Saturday too.

:boxosoap

Good post.

As for West dropping off to cover ""nobody," (different poster) if it is a zone coverage, he is covering a zone, not a player. It looked like he dropped into his zone, leaving the safety to take the guy. O'Hanlon didn't give the receiver's speed enough respect or Taylor's arm strength enough respect. Since we should have been more conscious of stopping them from getting in the end zone than converting a 2nd and 4, it was not very well played. Stuff happens.

Yea, honestly ive seen some people frown on this kid tackling Coale from behind and not letting him get the TD so we could have more time on the clock to get Henery in FG range....

First of all to the people who believe that O'Hanlon should have let him go...

Shame on you!!

We are suppose to have a BLACKSHIRT DEFENSE!!

Even though he missed the coverage or maybe West had something to do it, or Bo Pelini made a wrong decision having Cover 2. To let Coale score, thats just wrong. Our old Blackshirt defense wouldnt let someone into the endzone just to give the offense the chance to comeback! NO! A Blackshirt defense would have stopped Coale and kept them out of the endzone and let them shoot a FG, and maybe even block it.

I applaud O'Hanlon for chasing him down and saving the TD, I applaud him from making the sack the play later. Unfortnately, we did not apply enough pressure on the next play to keep them from scoring.

But im willing to bet you, if Taylor was sacked again, or Roberts dropped the ball or Prince intercepted it, people would have been praising O'Hanlon for stopping him on 3.

Bo talked about seeing effort on the field, and even though it was a blown coverage, O'Hanlon showed effort to chase him down and prevent the TD, the Blackshirt way.

:bonez

Yea, honestly ive seen some people frown on this kid tackling Coale from behind and not letting him get the TD so we could have more time on the clock to get Henery in FG range....

Shame on you!!

Even though he missed the coverage or maybe West had something to do it, or Bo Pelini made a wrong decision having Cover 2. To let Coale score, thats just wrong. Our old Blackshirt defense wouldnt let someone into the endzone just to give the offense the chance to comeback! NO! A Blackshirt defense would have stopped Coale and kept them out of the endzone and let them shoot a FG, and maybe even block it.

I applaud O'Hanlon for chasing him down and saving the TD, I applaud him from making the sack the play later. Unfortnately, we did not apply enough pressure on the next play to keep them from scoring.

But im willing to bet you, if Taylor was sacked again, or Roberts dropped the ball or Prince intercepted it, people would have been praising O'Hanlon for stopping him on 3.

Bo talked about seeing effort on the field, and even though it was a blown coverage, O'Hanlon showed effort to chase him down and prevent the TD, the Blackshirt way.

This ^

You are blaming O'Hanlon for that play? Watch the replay.. .there were two receivers breaking in the flat that he had to cover. #5 was out of position.

I'm pretty sure they were playing a zone scheme with that defense and O'Hanlon needed to take the receiver over the top that eventually caught the ball. I was pissed at West at first, but I think he made the right play given his assignment?

West did the right thing. O'Hanlon, for whatever reason, was watching the QB not get tackled or rushed instead of NOT letting his guy get WIDE open.

What he was thinkning on that play is beyond me.

Why do we continue to see Ohanlon at safety when he continues to suck? Do we seriously have no one else that can play the position any better? He continues to get burned and continues to play out of position with no closing speed.

Ive always called for Thenarse to start over O'Hanlon, but no one listens to me, they think O'Hanlon is better.

I remember last year during the Oklahoma, O'Hanlon missed a few INT's and im saying to myself, why isn't Thenarse playing?

But like i said, O'Hanlon wasnt alone in that blown coverage, West #5 is also to blame for that too.

No, Thenarse is not the answer. O'Hanlon, without argument, is the better of the two. That long play he f***ed up and never should have allowed his guy to get so open. He should get ripped by the staff and should be held accountable for making such a stupid play.

Shame on you!!

What are you smoking.....O'Hanlon never should have let him get so open?