Why do we continue to see Ohanlon at safety when he continues to suck? Do we seriously have no one else that can play the position any better? He continues to get burned and continues to play out of position with no closing speed.

I bet you didn't say that after the Gator Bowl last year.

He got burned on that play too. Thank God the ball was under thrown.

I just don't think its cool singling out players and throwing them under the bus like that (especially when it's not an effort issue).

But..I do hope we learn the lesson we should have learned after Texas Tech last year...when the game is on the line...DON'T LET ANYONE PAST YOU.

Why do we continue to see Ohanlon at safety when he continues to suck? Do we seriously have no one else that can play the position any better? He continues to get burned and continues to play out of position with no closing speed.

I just don't think its cool singling out players and throwing them under the bus like that (especially when it's not an effort issue).

But..I do hope we learn the lesson we should have learned after Texas Tech last year...when the game is on the line...DON'T LET ANYONE PAST YOU.

:yeah In total agreement.

I think it's more Anthony West's (#5 cornerback that holds the receiver) fault but it really doesn't matter now. The coaches will punish the team for this. And I hope they get it bad. This should NEVER happen. You don't give them the game after playing good enough to win the game for 58 minutes and then just say "hey you know what you guys can have this one..."

:yeah In total agreement.

:yeah:restore

Punish? Hardly. They'll teach, and this team will learn. Castille got punished. This team doesn't deserve punishment.

:yeah I think these coaches know that it wouldn't serve their better interest to "punish" the team. This was not a lack of effort being put forth...they busted their asses out there today. They just made some mistakes.

If you watch him he knows where he is supposed to be on plays and he does make some plays but he also gets burnt because instead of reacting to the play he runs straight to his spot and waits for the action.

As far as why he is playing? Nobody has beat him out for 2 years now so he is the best we've got.

I was also confused by West on the play. I know they were playing zone but he dropped off to cover nobody.

i don't know if o'hanlon missed his assignment on that last play or not but it seemed like anthony west did not play very well. his guys caught quite a few passes and several of the times that taylor missed the wide open man tha closest corner was west.

I did notice that Taylor wasn't very sharp until that last drive...but then he isn't really known for his arm, either. It could have gone either way a lot worse than it was. In some ways I almost think both teams played to the others level, thus the 16-15 score. And that level wasn't always very high today.

If you watch him he knows where he is supposed to be on plays and he does make some plays but he also gets burnt because instead of reacting to the play he runs straight to his spot and waits for the action.

As far as why he is playing? Nobody has beat him out for 2 years now so he is the best we've got.

I was also confused by West on the play. I know they were playing zone but he dropped off to cover nobody.

I noticed that and that's why I said I was pissed at West at first, but then I realized O'Hanlon dropped the ball on the coverage as well and I've seen him make alot of mistakes over the past few years. I don't know, maybe I'm being too hard on the guy? :dunno

I noticed that and that's why I said I was pissed at West at first, but then I realized O'Hanlon dropped the ball on the coverage as well and I've seen him make alot of mistakes over the past few years. I don't know, maybe I'm being too hard on the guy? :dunno

Nope. He f'd up pretty bad but I digress..

We live to fight another day!

Some of you guys are freaking ridiculous. These KIDS, work very HARD to PLAY for YOUR team.

If you think a player isn't giving his best effort, that's one thing. Slacking off is unacceptable.

But when these guys make mistakes while playing the best they can, show them some damn support.

Most of you critics couldn't make it through a practice, let alone a game. I'm sure your EA Sports NCAA 2009 dynasty is doing pretty well, but our coaching staff is in charge of this team, not you.

If you want to root for a team with perfect players and coaches, clone yourself....otherwise try considering that your TEAM played a hell of a tough game and dropped it in the end.

There were plenty of positives to take away from Saturday too.

:boxosoap