Cody Green's first start next Saturday?

BTW...Lee was 11 of 30. Slightly over 30 percent.

Someone tell me that Green isn't at least being considered.

Hes not being considered.

Lee played terrible yes. But if Green was on his heels he would be in the game. Let not forget he had little help from his O-line and many drop on catchable balls. Holt being the biggest contributor to the drop list. I have been trying my hardest to have people take a step back and realize this team has yet reached the turning point. Even though the secondary didnt give up a lot of yards Tyrod Taylor isnt exactly your pick you apart QB. The d line seemed content to stand on the line of scrimmage than really rush. I think this was playing scared not to get beat by his legs. If you check the stat line I would say they were successful. Alot of people are giving O'Hanlon crap for blowing coverage while the grief needs to go to Anthony West for staring in the backfield.

BTW...Lee was 11 of 30. Slightly over 30 percent.

Someone tell me that Green isn't at least being considered.

Hes not being considered.

Lee played terrible yes. But if Green was on his heels he would be in the game. Let not forget he had little help from his O-line and many drop on catchable balls. Holt being the biggest contributor to the drop list. I have been trying my hardest to have people take a step back and realize this team has yet reached the turning point. Even though the secondary didnt give up a lot of yards Tyrod Taylor isnt exactly your pick you apart QB. The d line seemed content to stand on the line of scrimmage than really rush. I think this was playing scared not to get beat by his legs. If you check the stat line I would say they were successful. Alot of people are giving O'Hanlon crap for blowing coverage while the grief needs to go to Anthony West for staring in the backfield.

Cover 2 man, cover 2. West was supposed to be there. I agree O'Hanlon got burned, but that was Pelini's call.

.....and it was a bad one.

Nevermind, though. I truly believe this loss is maybe better than winning a game like this. Playing like this and winning would be harder to teach the kids than losing when making those mistakes.

all in all.......

GO BIG RED

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. Zac didn't play horrible, but he missed a lot of easy throws, and threw horribly down field.

Bad day at the office? Maybe. But if this is indicative of his performance against the majors, we lose 3 more minimum and no chance to play in the CCG.

If Cody Green brings you at least as much, then he should be your answer. I would doubt he delivers worse results at the position. So if you even remotely think he could be "the guy" this year, you give him the start against LL and see what happens. So what if he only knows 20 plays. That's all you are going to need anyway.

ashamed.gif

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. Zac didn't play horrible, but he missed a lot of easy throws, and threw horribly down field.

Bad day at the office? Maybe. But if this is indicative of his performance against the majors, we lose 3 more minimum and no chance to play in the CCG.

If Cody Green brings you at least as much, then he should be your answer. I would doubt he delivers worse results at the position. So if you even remotely think he could be "the guy" this year, you give him the start against LL and see what happens. So what if he only knows 20 plays. That's all you are going to need anyway.

I'd have bet anything you'd be making a worthless thread like this...

Admittedly I didn't read this whole thread, but I did see several references to the # of plays Green can run. I really didn't see any more than six run by Lee today. There was hand off to Helu, pitch to Helu, screen to Helu and three or four misbegotten QB draws. Oh and two interceptions.

:)

Not bad for his first away game in one of the most hostile environments in all of college football.

Cut the guy some slack on his 3rd college football game start.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Cody Green play late in the 4th quarter of the ULL game just to give him some reps, and after Zac Lee takes his anger and frustration of this game and hangs 7-8 passing TDs on them.

Zac Lee is starter, and i dont see Cody Green taking his starting spot unless he gets injured. Period.

One of my biggest fears was how Lee would perform in his first major hostile environment. It was quite ugly. Next week we will win with Lee. So to me, it comes down again to Lee starting at the Mizzou game...this will be yet another amped up hostile environment because the game has serious implications for who wins the North. If we are laying another egg in this game and cannot score a TD and cannot move the ball through the air, I expect to see Green. To me it is all up to Lee...he can either get better from this loss...or just hand the keys over to Green. I am not saying Green is going to take us to next level. I just think at that point if we are going to be a 5 loss team, it might as well be with Green than Lee.

One of my biggest fears was how Lee would perform in his first major hostile environment. It was quite ugly. Next week we will win with Lee. So to me, it comes down again to Lee starting at the Mizzou game...this will be yet another amped up hostile environment because the game has serious implications for who wins the North. If we are laying another egg in this game and cannot score a TD and cannot move the ball through the air, I expect to see Green. To me it is all up to Lee...he can either get better from this loss...or just hand the keys over to Green. I am not saying Green is going to take us to next level. I just think at that point if we are going to be a 5 loss team, it might as well be with Green than Lee.

But would you rather peg a 5-loss team on Green or Lee?

But would you rather peg a 5-loss team on Green or Lee?

Green...because I know the experience he will get is invaluable and will serve him well in the future. What I am saying is that if Lee shows the coaches that he cannot get us to the next level, they should play Green or be prepared to get him a lot of action. If Lee is truly the guy, then great let Green be #2. But if Lee cannot pull it together vs. Mizzou, we better damn well have Green ready.

Just wait until Tyler Gabbert gets here next year. People will be calling for Green to be benched and Gabbert to start at some point.

Lee isn't good enough, we need Green.

Bo isn't good enough, we need... whoever.

Helu isn't good enough, we needed Castille.

Watson isn't good enough, we need... whoever.

I've seen comments saying all of these in the past 16 hours. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.