Rankings

I figured this thread was going to be posted eventually and I might as well be the one who A) gets flamed for starting it and B) get it started early..

We were 19 and 18 in the AP and Coaches Poll respectively. Where do you see us going from here? My prediction is we stay in the Top 25. Maybe around 22-25.

I'm guessing out of the top 25. Might have been different if the offense showed anything to the polsters.

I figured this thread was going to be posted eventually and I might as well be the one who A) gets flamed for starting it and B) get it started early..

We were 19 and 18 in the AP and Coaches Poll respectively. Where do you see us going from here? My prediction is we stay in the Top 25. Maybe around 22-25.

I would guess that we drop out and return only if we beat someone who is decent (say Mizzou) and beat all the creampuffs (Lou Lafayette). But at 2-1 and after such an embarrassing self destruct NU will need to show somebody something before they move up much.

They could simply drop to 24 or 25 as well this week and not entirely out --- but they really do not deserve to be a top 25 team. NU is not a top 25 caliber squad. At least not now.

I would guess that we drop out and return only if we beat someone who is decent (say Mizzou) and beat all the creampuffs (Lou Lafayette). But at 2-1 and after such an embarrassing self destruct NU will need to show somebody something before they move up much.

They could simply drop to 24 or 25 as well this week and not entirely out --- but they really do not deserve to be a top 25 team. NU is not a top 25 caliber squad. At least not now.

No I dont think we drop out of the top 25, we lost to fairly decent team that was ranked higher they we are

So 2 plays is now an "embarrassing self destruct?" Man have the days change.. The D allowed 2 big plays. The big run in the 1st half, and obviously the pass in the 2nd. I would beg to differ that the D is not top 25 caliber. The offense showed the growing pains that many thought it would.. Helu looked great, but you can't be one dimensional against a very good defense.

I don't see us dropping out, but in b/w 22-25 sounds about right.. its not like the teams right below us all had stellar weeks.

I'm guessing out of the top 25. Might have been different if the offense showed anything to the polsters.

I'm thinking that most of the polsters see nothing more than the score of the last game and who won or lost.

T_O_B

So 2 plays is now an "embarrassing self destruct?" Man have the days change.. The D allowed 2 big plays. The big run in the 1st half, and obviously the pass in the 2nd. I would beg to differ that the D is not top 25 caliber. The offense showed the growing pains that many thought it would.. Helu looked great, but you can't be one dimensional against a very good defense.

I don't see us dropping out, but in b/w 22-25 sounds about right.. its not like the teams right below us all had stellar weeks.

It's not those team Nu has to worry about it's the Missou and Kansas of the world that didn't lose behind Nebraska that will jump ahead.

We may drop out, not because we didn't perform, but you had FSU and Washington that are going to have to move into the polls.

FSU may move into the polls but I don't see Washington making the jump just yet. They were buried at the bottom of the pile at the start of the season. It was a great win for them against USC but I think they still have a lot to prove first.