So, 2-1 with at least 9 games left

JTrain

To me, we need to do four things for me to be happy about this season:

1. Win 10 games

2. Win the Big 12 North

3. Have a respectable showing in the CCG. If we don't win, let's keep it within 10 points. There has not been a good Big 12 CCG since 2001. Hard to believe.

4. Win our bowl game. The offseason is a little more bearable after a big bowl win.

10 wins would be a success. 11 a resounding success with the other W coming from a bowl game.

Big XII North is a must. Pelini needs to get used to having that trophy in his case.

Anything below ten is a repeat of last year and therefore not a success, being it did not build in the right direction off of last season.

Bottom line, this team was better than Virginia Tech yesterday. The rest of the season is still immensely positive. I don't see a single unwinnable game left on our schedule. If this loss is to mean something, it needs to harden our defense into stone.

For me the season is a sucess already.

We played a very tough team that most felt we would lose to. We played well enough to win the game and I truly did not feel we would. We gave them all they wanted and they lucked out and beat us.

Our very inexperienced QB got valuable game time against one of the better defenses in the country. Our staff got that same experience. A learning opportunity.

We saw Suh and Helu play like we wanted them to. We have a strong anchor and a good running back to start the conference play.

Win or lose at this time is not that important to me. We made strides that I did not think we were capable of last week. We have a coaching staff that is still in its infantcy. They surly learned valuable lessons yesterday.

I see us improving from this game. That is what is required.

Time to move forward.

Texas runs the tables... Alright cool.

We go undefeated from here on out. Alright even cooler.

Texas vs. Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship.

We win. Texas automatic BCS Bowl, but we get the National Championship bid.

Miami continues run, Miami vs. Nebraska for the National Championship.

1990's anyone?

Compete with all the ranked teams, have at least 7 wins in the regular season (preferably 8 or more), win a bowl game. Also, see the linebackers continue to improve along with the secondary. Continue building the oOverall execution through four quarters, too.

I'm not one of those people that feels we have to have more wins than last season each and every season.