Andy Staples Power Rankings

zoogs

Wow, this guy actually submits his polls to the AP?

They are really erratic and kinda illogical. I understand pollmaking is not an easy task, but geez.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...k3-2/index.html

Before: Nebraska #20, VT #13.

VT beats a top 20 team. Nebraska nearly upsets a top 15 team and ends up losing by 1 point on the road. So what happens?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...tml?eref=sihpT1

VT gets dropped to 17? Nebraska not only gets out of the Top 25, but out of the top 30 as well?

Someone explain that to me.

Wow, this guy actually submits his polls to the AP?

They are really erratic and kinda illogical. I understand pollmaking is not an easy task, but geez.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...k3-2/index.html

Before: Nebraska #20, VT #13.

VT beats a top 20 team. Nebraska nearly upsets a top 15 team and ends up losing by 1 point on the road. So what happens?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...tml?eref=sihpT1

VT gets dropped to 17? Nebraska not only gets out of the Top 25, but out of the top 30 as well?

I understand that reasoning better than just moving the Hokies up to #11 and dropping the Huskers to #25. If VT really is #11, then shouldn't NU's close loss at VT appear even better than #19? This guy is essentially saying that he thinks neither team is as good as he did before the game. I may disagree but can at least understand the logic. I assume he thinks the QB play was poor. Or the busted coverages, or the lack of offense from VT, etc.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com

His job is not just to write about college football, but to make people read what he writes. Therefore they build in controversy.

Wait a minute, now Sports Illustrated hates us too? :facepalm:<_<

Don't lump them in the same category as ESPN, much better magazine. Much better website, they actually do real reporting. This guy is one of the few "opinion/blog" writers they have. That is all ESPN has anymore.

Although I don't agree with his poll, don't start this SI hates us shitt.

His job is not just to write about college football, but to make people read what he writes. Therefore they build in controversy.

Don't lump them in the same category as ESPN, much better magazine. Much better website, they actually do real reporting. This guy is one of the few "opinion/blog" writers they have. That is all ESPN has anymore.

Uh... where in the world did you get the impression I said they hate us? What are you smoking? I said he's creating controversy to sell his articles.

Do they not teach reading comprehension anymore? This is WAY out of left field... :wtf

Uh... where in the world did you get the impression I said they hate us? What are you smoking? I said he's creating controversy to sell his articles.

Do they not teach reading comprehension anymore? This is WAY out of left field... :wtf

You know what, knapp.....fvck it.

I'm not going to glorify your ignorance t post with how I really feel about your arrogance displayed in it. You're going to have to find somebody else to raise your apparently very low self-esteem today.

Anybody help me, how do I ignore someone?

Wait a minute, now Sports Illustrated hates us too?

:wtf Did you even read his post or do you have a grudge against him?

I don't think that In the Deed the Glory was implying that you were saying that. He probably had a hunch that all of the ESPN hates Nebraska bloggers were going to start the SI hates Nebraska threads because of this poll article. I don't think he was pointing the finger at you.

I don't think that In the Deed the Glory was implying that you were saying that. He probably had a hunch that all of the ESPN hates Nebraska bloggers were going to start the SI hates Nebraska threads because of this poll article. I don't think he was pointing the finger at you.

:yeah

unfortunately somebody had to be an a$$hat about it and tear somebody else down. It's getting to be a reoccurring theme.

OK, maybe I need to take Reading Comprehension 101 again, because that's not even close to what I got out of the fact that he quoted me when he said this.

Here's the deal, man.

Someone asks why the writer drops Nebraska out of the rankings and you say this:

as your response.

That sounded like saying "it is that particular website, that is your reason" which is then going to start this whole "SI hates us" crap.

My post was more for the people that were going to come on after you and post this stuff.

Also, as far as reading comprehension goes if you go back and re-read your original post you would see that CONTEXT CLUES would state that you were anti-SI.

I just got pissed that somebody would accuse me of reading comprehension problems when they didn't examine their own writing enough to make such comment.

Just sayin'.....

Sorry I acted like a 12 year old girl on this issue, knapp.

But, I AM anti-SI, and I explained why in my first post. They are artificially generating controversy, intentionally, to sell their product. They do this time and again, as does ESPN, USAToday, CNN in general, etc. This is the nature of the modern media. News is a product which they sell, and controversy sells news.

So... it IS that particular website, and that IS your reason.

The controversy they generate to sell their product has nothing to do with whether they hate us or not, and frankly I don't care if they do.

I don't agree that a "SI hates us" conversation was imminent, but who knows. Probably would have been better to play that out rather than go off on a tangent ahead of time, but whatever.

And as for your apology, it's accepted, but not needed. You're cool, and if you want to put me on your ignore list that's cool, too. It's not like I say anything that's must-read, anyway. :)