Hard hitters

HuskerDA

Let me ask this. Where are all the people that want to hit? I thought Larry loved to hit hard? I thought Fisher wanted to hit? Where in the thunder have these players hit anyone hard. Larry has had some good games, yes. The Tech game last year was his best game, I loved the hard hitting he came up with. I just miss the Polks, Minter, Browns (Mike not Ralph). I want to see more people want contact. I watch Fisher run around and avoid contact. Watch CON U (Miami) and all the corners and safeties love to hit and don't avoid contact.

Let me ask this. Where are all the people that want to hit? I thought Larry loved to hit hard? I thought Fisher wanted to hit? Where in the thunder have these players hit anyone hard. Larry has had some good games, yes. The Tech game last year was his best game, I loved the hard hitting he came up with. I just miss the Polks, Minter, Browns (Mike not Ralph). I want to see more people want contact. I watch Fisher run around and avoid contact. Watch CON U (Miami) and all the corners and safeties love to hit and don't avoid contact.

If you have watched the first two games you would know that Hagg and Asante have been laying the wood. Tough to make a big hit when the only play ran last week was a stretch that the DL made the majority of plays on. Suh almost ripped Taylor in half on the one sack. I just think you aren't catching them all.

So far, the NU D hasn't done this. They should do it game in and game out but they haven't.

I agree, when Larry got here he was hyped up as this huge hitter. I remember an article in the daily nebraskan (UNL's student newspaper) that said he liked to lay the wood and was a big hitter. Granted, he had a huge hit against ASU that knocked the ball loose and he had a big one last year against San Jose State, but he is not a consistent hitter like players in the U's secondary. Fisher needs to bulk up before he can start hitting, i'll be glad if he makes the tackle for now.

this defense (and recent years' defenses) have lacked the physicality of the old blackshirts. i hope bo can bring us back to that physical dominance on defense (and offense for that matter).

So far, the NU D hasn't done this. They should do it game in and game out but they haven't.

I agree, when Larry got here he was hyped up as this huge hitter. I remember an article in the daily nebraskan (UNL's student newspaper) that said he liked to lay the wood and was a big hitter. Granted, he had a huge hit against ASU that knocked the ball loose and he had a big one last year against San Jose State, but he is not a consistent hitter like players in the U's secondary. Fisher needs to bulk up before he can start hitting, i'll be glad if he makes the tackle for now.

this defense (and recent years' defenses) have lacked the physicality of the old blackshirts. i hope bo can bring us back to that physical dominance on defense (and offense for that matter).

I agree with seeing the rare and occassional big hit. But what we don't see are the big hits multiple times in a game like we see from Miami, USC, Florida, and other big time programs. NU has the physicality to make the big hits. I simply think they lack the toughness and meanness to make them.

Those big hits can, do, and will take a lot out of an opponent. It would be great to see them from NU game in and game out.

I agree with seeing the rare and occassional big hit. But what we don't see are the big hits multiple times in a game like we see from Miami, USC, Florida, and other big time programs. NU has the physicality to make the big hits. I simply think they lack the toughness and meanness to make them.

Those big hits can, do, and will take a lot out of an opponent. It would be great to see them from NU game in and game out.

I suppose you have a point here, they are few and far between. Maybe a victim of still not quite being in the right place in the system?

I suppose you have a point here, they are few and far between. Maybe a victim of still not quite being in the right place in the system?

I'm not following you.

I'm not following you.

In theory, if you are in the correct spot based upon reaction in the defensive system you would have a better opportunity for a big hit because you meet the ball carrier/receiver there instead of chasing him.

I'm not following you.

In theory, if you are in the correct spot based upon reaction in the defensive system you would have a better opportunity for a big hit because you meet the ball carrier/receiver there instead of chasing him.

I agree. However they are not out of position all of the time. It's those times when they are in position is when they bring the thunder down on their opponent. But again, for reason, they don't.

I think Asante has been more physical this year. I bet we'll see some big hits from him soon.

Amakamura is playing physical corner in a way we haven't seen in a while.

The linebackers are young. They are still thinking too much. I think as the season goes on we'll see them get more physical as well.

I think Asante has been more physical this year. I bet we'll see some big hits from him soon.

Amakamura is playing physical corner in a way we haven't seen in a while.

The linebackers are young. They are still thinking too much. I think as the season goes on we'll see them get more physical as well.

Asante has been physical, he just hasnt had the soft hands to catch the ball.

Amakamura has been phenomenal this season so far, i underestimated him i agree. He has definately been a shining star on the secondary makes hits, deflecting the ball, and trying to get INTs.

Agreed, with the LBs, they are still young and they will learn, for right now they have been doing a good job, and its only going to get better as the season goes on and the as the years go on for the young guys.

Look I have seen each one of the games. Suh is a BEAST and yes he has played great. I like Prince and and his style of play. Hagg would be great if he was moved to a hybrid LB. I want the BLACK SHIRTS and I want to see pressure on the edges and hard hitting safeties that can knock you out. I just want to see people throw their bodies around.

Did someone say big hit......

The biggest hit I remember was against a Nebraska player. Jonathin Wilma layed the wood. Poor little white Nebraska receiver got demolished.

I think that was Ben Zayjack (sp?) I remember that like it happened 10 minutes ago. I also remember none of his NU teammates chose to lay to wood to anybody from Miami that night.

Look I have seen each one of the games. Suh is a BEAST and yes he has played great. I like Prince and and his style of play. Hagg would be great if he was moved to a hybrid LB. I want the BLACK SHIRTS and I want to see pressure on the edges and hard hitting safeties that can knock you out. I just want to see people throw their bodies around.

That's what I'm talking about and it's happening from the NU defense.