Serious lack of M"eth"U fans on here tonight!

We were really bad on both sides of the LOS. Nv gashing us in the running game worries me a lot. Then there is our inability to run the ball against an 0-3 WAC team. The only thing I can take solace in is that it's usually never as bad as it seems. I am sure MU will play better when Neb comes to town - whether that is good enough or not remains to be seen.

I thought Mizzou looked lethargic.

I wasn't scared of a loss during the game, I was just hoping they would cover the spread....which they did.

$$

Not making excuses, but Nevada was supposed to be better than what they displayed the first two games.

I even layed some dough on them in the first game of the season against Notre Dame.

$$

It was their first game of the season at home...they were probably a little pumped up....Mizzou looking to make it 14-0 against non-conference opponents and get out of there with a win....Looking towards Nebraska....all a recipe for disaster.

Having said that, I think the Mizzou-Bugeater tilt will be closer than expected, but still a win for the good guys.

Good luck today.

P.S. Why do you keep referring to Mizzou as M"eth"U?

Rather ironic that the first story on the morning KM3 news in Omaha was how easy it was to make meth up here.

The first post: I would be worried about the running defense with out running game coming to town. But I'm not counting Mizzou out AT ALL. They will be up for playing Nebraska and October 8th will be a different story. I think Nebraska will win, but if they can't get the running game going, it will be much harder to. But If Mizzou plays like they did against Nevada, especially on defense, then the Big Red will win by at least 2 touchdowns.

Hey Tim, I think it's pretty hilarious that people are saying that M"eth"U thing... Really doesn't make any sense. It's not like they make Meth on campus there, come on guys, crank is made all over the place :lol:

I thought Dan Hoch decommitted from Iowa.

Did he commit to Nebraska as well?

You guys have a bye week as well, right?

You'll have almost two weeks (one day less than the Tigers) to be prepared for October 8.

Good luck today.

P.S. You didn't answer my M"eth"U question!??!?! :angry:

Yeah we don't have a game next weekend either, which is nice because it would be unfair (in my eyes) for one of our teams to have to play the Saturday before and then have to play another game the following Thursday.

And as far as Meth goes, it's no more easy to make it here than anywhere else considering the ingredients are mostly household. But, statistically speaking, the easiest places to make and get meth have always been on the West Coast.

I thought Mizzou looked lethargic.

I wasn't scared of a loss during the game, I was just hoping they would cover the spread....which they did.

$$

Not making excuses, but Nevada was supposed to be better than what they displayed the first two games.

I even layed some dough on them in the first game of the season against Notre Dame.

$$

It was their first game of the season at home...they were probably a little pumped up....Mizzou looking to make it 14-0 against non-conference opponents and get out of there with a win....Looking towards Nebraska....all a recipe for disaster.

Having said that, I think the Mizzou-Bugeater tilt will be closer than expected, but still a win for the good guys.

Good luck today.

P.S. Why do you keep referring to Mizzou as M"eth"U?

Rather ironic that the first story on the morning KM3 news in Omaha was how easy it was to make meth up here.

here ya go...

Source: Columbia Tribune.

"COLUMBIA — Missouri: The meth capital of the United States.

It’s a label that has stuck. After all, Missouri has led the nation in meth lab seizures every year since 2001, and 2007 was no exception: 1,189 labs were seized last year, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency’s Web site.

And the number of busts in the second half of 2007 was greater than in the second half of 2006, according to Missouri State Highway Patrol statistics."

Source: Joplin Independent

"Statistics from 2000, Whitman said, show that 8.8 million people tried meth, including a large percentage of 8-10th graders. 28.3 percent of high schoolers said it was fairly easy or very easy to obtain crystal meth if they wanted some, Whitman revealed. The latest stats show that 45 out of 75 warrants are drug related with $2.5 million in narcotics and $3 1/2 million in property seized, he said. [it should be noted that the financial benefits from the seized property do not remain with local authorities.]"

Video:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5427394&page=1

do i really need to say anything else? they dont call missouri the meth capitol of the country for nothing, you guys have more meth related busts than any state in the country on a yearly basis! that is why i call you M"eth"U....

Fair enough.

It's ironic that this was on the news yesterday, though:

Meth in Omaha

But, I find it incredibly offensive.

I ask that the MODS pull any association of a serious drug problem plaguing the United States and my home state's school.

I think it's a serious issue and shouldn't be taken lightly.

It's not like I call Nebraska, "Hair Pulling University", right?

You guys have the market cornered on that.

Calling Missouri Meth U is a cheap laugh. Let's be more clever than that.

And I could tell stories about meth here in Nebraska, right here in Lincoln. Just about everyone could. Let's not be the pot or the kettle, K?

:yeah Just because the STATE of Missouri has a large meth problem says nothing about the university of Missouri. That cheap laugh might be a bigger hit if they had problems at the university itself... but it doesn't

Fair enough.

It's ironic that this was on the news yesterday, though:

Meth in Omaha

But, I find it incredibly offensive.

I ask that the MODS pull any association of a serious drug problem plaguing the United States and my home state's school.

I think it's a serious issue and shouldn't be taken lightly.

It's not like I call Nebraska, "Hair Pulling University", right?

dont get me wrong, i realize that it is everywhere....im just pointing out that Missouri is recognized as having the worst meth problem in the country as pointed out by your hometown newspapers! Hell its just another way to talk a little smack considering that a few MU posters have had no problem downgrading nebraska in any way possible....

You'll have almost two weeks (one day less than the Tigers) to be prepared for October 8.

Good luck today.

He was committed to NU, but changed his mind after Callahan was let go, I used to live in Harlan, comes from one of the best High School football programs in Iowa. The coaching change is what made his mind up to look for other options, which can't blame him, he had to do what he felt best. The kid is a hell of a player.

Good luck today.

He was committed to NU, but changed his mind after Callahan was let go, I used to live in Harlan, comes from one of the best High School football programs in Iowa. The coaching change is what made his mind up to look for other options, which can't blame him, he had to do what he felt best. The kid is a hell of a player.

correct me if im wrong but he was never committed to iowa was he?

Good luck today.

correct me if im wrong but he was never committed to iowa was he?

I thought he had interest in them, but when he decided on Mizzou after de-committing to NU i thought that was out of left field

Actually I have to agree that the meth comments could go by the wayside and it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I live in a small town and am a biker. Unfortunately I see it here and abroad. It has no boundaries and who's to say how much meth that is being made in Missouri gets into Omaha or other parts of Nebraska. Hell we haul their fireworks up here like it's candy!!! I can guarantee it's made in Nebraska also. When it comes to something like meth we all need to be on the same team. Let's give them crap for the homecoming king and queen being brother and sister instead!! :rollin