Redshirts??

I have personally loved seeing the fresh faces that have gotten time this year. It's exciting and was definitely needed!

Agreed. It has been a lot of fun watching the younger guys contribute, like Burkhead and CGreen, and Meredith and a bunch of others. We have some really good young kids on the squad, and our future looks very bright, IMVHO.

At this point it looks like Ankrah, Coffey, Ash, Sirles (maybe), Andrew Green, Kerr, Martinez, Middleton, Pensic, Qvale, Randle, Robinson, Washington, Williams, and Zimmerer are all going to redshirt. I guess it would have been easier to say that out of the class only Cody Green, Burkhead, Martin and Kinnie are the ones going to play the rest will redshirt more than likely. Severe from 1620 always talks about how he thinks Ankrah should play but I really think its a good move to redshirt him. We already have a pretty good 3 man rotation then throw in Williams and we are just fine. He would only get a couple snaps a game so why not redshirt him then when Turner's gone he could step up and be that third guy? Our defense looks to be pretty stacked for the future with Compton, Fisher, Whaley, Martin, Williams, Randle, Washington, Middleton, Green, Ankrah, Meredith, Josh Williams, Steinkhuler, PJ Smith, Osborne all either freshmen or sophmores.

At this point it looks like Ankrah, Coffey, Ash, Sirles (maybe), Andrew Green, Kerr, Martinez, Middleton, Pensic, Qvale, Randle, Robinson, Washington, Williams, and Zimmerer are all going to redshirt. I guess it would have been easier to say that out of the class only Cody Green, Burkhead, Martin and Kinnie are the ones going to play the rest will redshirt more than likely. Severe from 1620 always talks about how he thinks Ankrah should play but I really think its a good move to redshirt him. We already have a pretty good 3 man rotation then throw in Williams and we are just fine. He would only get a couple snaps a game so why not redshirt him then when Turner's gone he could step up and be that third guy? Our defense looks to be pretty stacked for the future with Compton, Fisher, Whaley, Martin, Williams, Randle, Washington, Middleton, Green, Ankrah, Meredith, Josh Williams, Steinkhuler, PJ Smith, Osborne all either freshmen or sophmores.

7 of 21 recruits have played thus far by my count:

Antonio Bell

Rex Burkhead

Dejon Gomes

Cody Green

Andrew Green

Brandon Kinnie

Eric Martin

Though Kinnie doesn't have the ability to take a RS, he is a 3/3 JUCO, and I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Gomes wouldn't either though he does have the ability to as a 2/3 JUCO. One thing surprised me about the ULL game, why didn't Andrew Green play when he played vs. FAU and everyone got in vs. ULL? Is he hurt? If so, maybe he gets a Medical RS.

Antonio Bell

Rex Burkhead

Dejon Gomes

Cody Green

Andrew Green

Brandon Kinnie

Eric Martin

Though Kinnie doesn't have the ability to take a RS, he is a 3/3 JUCO, and I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Gomes wouldn't either though he does have the ability to as a 2/3 JUCO. One thing surprised me about the ULL game, why didn't Andrew Green play when he played vs. FAU and everyone got in vs. ULL? Is he hurt? If so, maybe he gets a Medical RS.

Who is Cody Green? :dumdum

Antonio Bell

Rex Burkhead

Dejon Gomes

Cody Green

Andrew Green

Brandon Kinnie

Eric Martin

I didn't know that he has played. I guess I just havent noticed.