Mizzou position breakdown

DocNice

Secondary

Now, in not giving up the big play, they've played a little softer, so I worry about a team that can chip away. Bowling Green has that style of offense and a good QB, but they're still bowling green. I think Texas and KU are the games that worry me in this respect. From what I gather about NU, it's more about sucking you up with the run and going deep, but maybe I'm wrong. If I'm right, I don't see that being successful unless we have to stack 8 in the box. You'll have to earn your passing yards the hard way.

We've got a lot of good players here. Probably too many to list. If memory serves, I think we're rotated 6 CBs and 4 or 5 safeties. The safeties and corners are pretty good in run support. Lots of speed and lots of youth, but generally have played in position. The best is probably Carl Gettis, a standout CB as a frosh (I think was frosh all american) who had a disappointing sophomore year, but seems to be better than ever after slimming down 15 pounds.

Well you are wrong and right about NU at the same time. This season NU has made a lot more explosive Passing Plays. However NU's passing game is rooted in WCO philosophies and thus is a ball control passing game. NU was 2nd in the nation in TOP last season but the running game didn't really factor in a major way until the last 3rd of the season really, that means that NU got the 32 minutes of TOP per game mainly by a controlled passing game. If that is where MU is weak, you'd best believe that Watson will take advantage of it in his play calling.

Well that could present a good challenge if you can execute better than you did against VT then.

Why are some still talking about talent this far into the season. Sorry but it isnt about talent its about production. Talent means jack sh*t when the games are played. You have to produce to win the game. Helu(73-464-6.4-5TD) has produced more than Washington(68-301-4.4-2TD) so I dont care if the guy was 2nd team Big 12 last year, Means nothing now and to say that these are the best players Mizzou has had at certain positons doesnt mean much when you have really never been that good. Has everybody forgot that VTech is the 6th ranked team in the country right now so maybe Lee didnt play as bad as everyone thinks. Yeah his stats weren't that great but we still had a chance to win. Just sayin

Why are some still talking about talent this far into the season. Sorry but it isnt about talent its about production. Talent means jack sh*t when the games are played. You have to produce to win the game. Helu(73-464-6.4-5TD) has produced more than Washington(68-301-4.4-2TD) so I dont care if the guy was 2nd team Big 12 last year, Means nothing now and to say that these are the best players Mizzou has had at certain positons doesnt mean much when you have really never been that good. Has everybody forgot that VTech is the 6th ranked team in the country right now so maybe Lee didnt play as bad as everyone thinks. Yeah his stats weren't that great but we still had a chance to win. Just sayin

Ole Miss was #4 last week. VT is clearly overrated. And the conversation was about talent. As far as production, Washington produced more last year, so I'd still say I've got a good argument. This year is hardly comparable because we've played a different schedule.

VT is overrated? They were beating Alabama for a while in the 4th & Alabama is one of the best teams in the country, maybe the best. I'm pretty sure Alabama would crush Missouri

Dude, Alabama outgained them 498 to 155. Let me repeat that, 155 yards of total offense. Almost all of VT's points came off turnovers and special teams. Don't make it sound like they hung with the Tide. VT is so clearly overrated. The only people that don't see that are the ones with something to lose by them not being top 10. I mean, they've got a nice rushing game and a decent defense, but this is a top 25 team, not top 6. They're only that high because voters can't figure out any top teams this year. Nobody is separating themselves.

VT is clearly overrated.

Would you concern yourself with VT if you next opponent hadn't played them as their "big" non-con game?

I'm talking them down because some of your brothers are trying to talk them up like this makes you national championship contenders or something.

VT is overrated? They were beating Alabama for a while in the 4th & Alabama is one of the best teams in the country, maybe the best. I'm pretty sure Alabama would crush Missouri

Dude, Alabama outgained them 498 to 155. Let me repeat that, 155 yards of total offense. Almost all of VT's points came off turnovers and special teams. Don't make it sound like they hung with the Tide. VT is so clearly overrated. The only people that don't see that are the ones with something to lose by them not being top 10. I mean, they've got a nice rushing game and a decent defense, but this is a top 25 team, not top 6. They're only that high because voters can't figure out any top teams this year. Nobody is separating themselves.

I'm not making it sound like anything its not. All I did was state a fact, that VT was beating Alabama in the fourth quarter, 'dude'.

I'm not making it sound like anything its not. All I did was state a fact, that VT was beating Alabama in the fourth quarter, 'dude'.

Yes, providing evidence in support of an position is not the same as asserting a position. Got it. You were just casually mentioning that because you knew VT got manhandled and you didn't want me to think that VT sucked completely.

VT is clearly overrated.

Would you concern yourself with VT if you next opponent hadn't played them as their "big" non-con game?

I'm talking them down because some of your brothers are trying to talk them up like this makes you national championship contenders or something.

Exaggeration aside, I spend plenty of time talking college football with folks across the nation. VT is widely regarded as a legit contender for a BCS bowl because they have a good defense and they excel on special teams. Your continued dismissal of our accomplishment at VT weakens your arguments.

Remember what I said? VT is overrated and Illinois and Nevada are clearly going to have great seasons this year - even though their combined record is 1-6. Nevermind that. The reason they haven't won yet is because they played such great teams.

I mean, it's not like VT went against a highly rated Alabama team and almost won against them despite not being too productive on offense. And it's not like VT absolutely destroyed a highly rated, highly talented Miami team.

You Missou fans are ridiculous. I mean, come on. The teams you are touting as "solid" teams have a combined record of 1-6. That is poor and I can guarantee you that if the roles were reversed - Nebraska had Missou's schedule and Missou had Nebraska's schedule, with the same results - that you guys would be pointing out the same thing Nebraska fans are pointing out.

October 8th cannot come quickly enough.

This arguing over who's played whom in every thread is ridiculous. Really, it is. It's so early in the season, that stuff really doesn't matter. Plus, these are kids. Their performances can radically change from one game to the next. So, trying to decide the outcome of this game based on previous ones (especially early in the season) is ridiculous.

I mean... Last year you guys blew everyone out to begin the season, but lost a tight one at home against Tech. The Tigers on the other hand played a tight game against what turned out to be overrated Illinois game. Then, we blew out a couple of smaller schools, and we did not play well at all against Buffalo, but still won.

And what was the final of last year? An MU blow out. Now, I'm not saying that's what will happen this year. I think it will be a tight game, but using previous games this early in the season as a measuring tape is stupid.

VT is clearly overrated.

Exaggeration aside, I spend plenty of time talking college football with folks across the nation. VT is widely regarded as a legit contender for a BCS bowl because they have a good defense and they excel on special teams. Your continued dismissal of our accomplishment at VT weakens your arguments.

You forgot one important reason, they play in the ACC. You played fine at VT, I've given you props for that. But you lost. Even if VT hadn't come back and you won, they exposed serious deficiencies in your game that were not apparent from the rest of your schedule. I'm not sure you can say that same about Mizzou. I know you want to dismiss our schedule so you can say that, but I disagree.