Mizzou position breakdown

DocNice

Seriously DocNic what have you seen out of your team that makes you think they'll score more than 7? I know you guys hung 27 on Bowling Green & you tore up Nevada's stingy defense for 31. And you tore up a Big 10 team with a mediocre offense (that hung 17 on you) & a soft defense. But seriously, what the hell has Missouri done all year that makes you think they can score more than 7?

Edited by AngryHusker88

Seriously DocNic what have you seen out of your team that makes you think they'll score more than 7? I know you guys hung 27 on Bowling Green & you tore up Nevada's stingy defense for 31. And you tore up a mediocre Big 10 team - BFD. But seriously, what the hell has Missouri done all year that makes you think they can score more than 7?

Do you mean aside from the fact that we've put up similar numbers against a variety of opponents, suggesting that we control that more than the opponents.

Or perhaps I forgot that we have one of only 2 QBs that is top 10 in passing yards, passing efficiency and total offense, who hasn't thrown a pick and leads the nation in long pass plays?

Maybe I forgot that we have an explosive receiving corps that is twice as good as any you've seen this year?

Maybe I forgot that we have a talented running back and a line capable of more than its shown. Or maybe it's that I've forgotten we don't need that to win anyway.

Seriously DocNic what have you seen out of your team that makes you think they'll score more than 7? I know you guys hung 27 on Bowling Green & you tore up Nevada's stingy defense for 31. And you tore up a mediocre Big 10 team - BFD. But seriously, what the hell has Missouri done all year that makes you think they can score more than 7?

Do you mean aside from the fact that we've put up similar numbers against a variety of opponents, suggesting that we control that more than the opponents.

Or perhaps I forgot that we have one of only 2 QBs that is top 10 in passing yards, passing efficiency and total offense, who hasn't thrown a pick and leads the nation in long pass plays?

Maybe I forgot that we have an explosive receiving corps that is twice as good as any you've seen this year?

Maybe I forgot that we have a talented running back and a line capable of more than its shown. Or maybe it's that I've forgotten we don't need that to win anyway.

Zac Lee would be in the top 10 in passing yards & total offense if our running game sucked as bad as Missouri's does so BFD

As for Derrick Washington, VT RB Ryan Williams is way better than Washington & we shut him down. Also, your o-line is soft. Teams with a soft o-line dont win big football games - sorry to break it to you.

Finally, in regards to your comment about your team putting up similar numbers against other opponents, if you think our defense is anything like Illinois' defense, like Bowling Green's defense, like Furman's defense, or like Nevada's defense then enjoy the game

Edited by AngryHusker88
VT is clearly overrated.

Would you concern yourself with VT if you next opponent hadn't played them as their "big" non-con game?

I'm talking them down because some of your brothers are trying to talk them up like this makes you national championship contenders or something.

Exaggeration aside, I spend plenty of time talking college football with folks across the nation. VT is widely regarded as a legit contender for a BCS bowl because they have a good defense and they excel on special teams. Your continued dismissal of our accomplishment at VT weakens your arguments.

You forgot one important reason, they play in the ACC. You played fine at VT, I've given you props for that. But you lost. Even if VT hadn't come back and you won, they exposed serious deficiencies in your game that were not apparent from the rest of your schedule. I'm not sure you can say that same about Mizzou. I know you want to dismiss our schedule so you can say that, but I disagree.

I believe that I would rather have my deficiencies exposed by a top 25 team than by teams that aren't even ranked, wouldn't you? Nevada exploited Mizzou's obvious defensive shortcomings in their rushing defense. Bowling Green came into Columbia and exposed another poor Pinkle game plan.

Don't forget that 75% of FB is played between the ears and I believe even in your heart of hearts that you can't say that Nu doesn't have one of the most fiery and passionate coaches in the land. Bo will have the Huskers mentally focused and ready to go. You'd better hope that Pinkle doesn't rely on just "athleticism". As you constantly purport that your talent level is better.

Henery is 8 for 9 attempted FG. 88.9%

Missouri's Grant Ressel is 10 for 10. (Also 15/15 xp's) 100%

Winner: Ressel.

Not bad for the replacement for the most accurate place kicker in NCAA history, Jeff Wolfert.

Wolfert finished with an NCAA-record by making 94.9 percent of his career kicks (59-of-72 field goals, 185-of-185 extra points). John Lee held the previous record, making 93.3 percent for UCLA from 1982-85.

http://stats.nj.com/nfldraft/players.asp?id=136043

oh...

MU's Jake Harry averages 45 yds/punt

Henery averages 42.

Just sayin'

:facepalm:

Silly Tigers.

You bring up Wolfert, but fail to recognize that Henery has connected on 154 out of 159 career kicks. Or for you mathematicians, that is 96.9%.

Henery has missed 4 FG's in his career. Of that 4 FG's, 3 were kicked from 50+ yards. The ONLY FG that Henery has missed of less than 50 yards in his entire career was last year against New Mexico State. This from a junior who has started all 3 years.

Also, half of Henery's punt attempts have landed inside the opponents 20 this season.

Just sayin'.

498 vs 155. They didn't ALMOST win.

Funny, I don't remember total yardage determining who wins and loses. I always thought it was total points in the game, but maybe I'm wrong.

And maybe I'm crazy, but I could have sworn it was 27 to 24 midway through the fourth quarter. Hmmm, but the score doesn't matter...only total yardage. Nevermind.

We're not talking about outgaining someone by 50, or 100 yards. We're not even talking about outgaining them by 200 yards, which normally would be considered a smackdown. They were outgained by 343 yards! 343. That equals the entire offensive output of Nebraska. 343 yards means you got your ass kicked up and down the field like a JV squad, which is exactly what happened if you watched.

Now, even if you're so blind that you can't accept that, I still have point #2, which is that a top 6 team does not, under any circumstances even if their entire first team gets injured, put up 155 yards of total offense. Period.

You're contradicitng yourself again. You want to disparage the VT vs Alabama game based on yardage and not the points. NU kicked VT's ass up and down the field for 58 minutes but didn't come up with a win, which is exactly what happened if you watched.

If you're so blind that you can't see that the ball bounces funny time to time you haven't been a CFB fan for long. The chemistry and make up of a team is paramount to success on the field of play. If coming back against an inferior opponent on your home field is a feather in your cap, so be it.

I will take a group of men playing in a hostile environment and almost pulling out a win vs a good opponent. If character means anything, I would say that NU showed much more fortitude in our loss than you did in your come from behind win.

:facepalm:

Silly Tigers.

You bring up Wolfert, but fail to recognize that Henery has connected on 154 out of 159 career kicks. Or for you mathematicians, that is 96.9%.

Henery has missed 4 FG's in his career. Of that 4 FG's, 3 were kicked from 50+ yards. The ONLY FG that Henery has missed of less than 50 yards in his entire career was last year against New Mexico State. This from a junior who has started all 3 years.

Also, half of Henery's punt attempts have landed inside the opponents 20 this season.

Just sayin'.

:dumdum

wow you've made some absurd comments. your WR are not "twice as good" as VT's. and what does the bolded part even mean? I think that some of you tigers fans are forgetting that bill callahan is not here anymore, or that the game last year was our 4th game total under pelini.... that we dont even run the same offense anymore, and that we are clearly not the same team

VT is clearly overrated.

Would you concern yourself with VT if you next opponent hadn't played them as their "big" non-con game?

I'm talking them down because some of your brothers are trying to talk them up like this makes you national championship contenders or something.

Exaggeration aside, I spend plenty of time talking college football with folks across the nation. VT is widely regarded as a legit contender for a BCS bowl because they have a good defense and they excel on special teams. Your continued dismissal of our accomplishment at VT weakens your arguments.

You forgot one important reason, they play in the ACC. You played fine at VT, I've given you props for that. But you lost. Even if VT hadn't come back and you won, they exposed serious deficiencies in your game that were not apparent from the rest of your schedule. I'm not sure you can say that same about Mizzou. I know you want to dismiss our schedule so you can say that, but I disagree.

I believe that I would rather have my deficiencies exposed by a top 25 team than by teams that aren't even ranked, wouldn't you? Nevada exploited Mizzou's obvious defensive shortcomings in their rushing defense. Bowling Green came into Columbia and exposed another poor Pinkle game plan.

Don't forget that 75% of FB is played between the ears and I believe even in your heart of hearts that you can't say that Nu doesn't have one of the most fiery and passionate coaches in the land. Bo will have the Huskers mentally focused and ready to go. You'd better hope that Pinkle doesn't rely on just "athleticism". As you constantly purport that your talent level is better.

I've always thought it was funny that husker fans think they're going to be a lot better because their coach is so passionate and will have them trying more or hitting harder...as if other teams coaches don't get their teams to try more or hit hard. When it boils down to it, that really means very little. If you can't do that, you're a losing coach, not a mediocre coach, not a good coach, a losing coach. In the end, it's about talent, preparation, and lastly having your team ready mentally to play.

PeliniMethod.jpg

wow you've made some absurd comments. your WR are not "twice as good" as VT's. and what does the bolded part even mean? I think that some of you tigers fans are forgetting that bill callahan is not here anymore, or that the game last year was our 4th game total under pelini.... that we dont even run the same offense anymore, and that we are clearly not the same team

It means we've won a lot of games the last few years without a big contribution from the running game. And yes, our wide receivers are twice as good as VT. VT has one of the worst passing games in the country. They've always been a run first team, but this year and last year it's been particularly bad.

498 vs 155. They didn't ALMOST win.

Funny, I don't remember total yardage determining who wins and loses. I always thought it was total points in the game, but maybe I'm wrong.

And maybe I'm crazy, but I could have sworn it was 27 to 24 midway through the fourth quarter. Hmmm, but the score doesn't matter...only total yardage. Nevermind.

We're not talking about outgaining someone by 50, or 100 yards. We're not even talking about outgaining them by 200 yards, which normally would be considered a smackdown. They were outgained by 343 yards! 343. That equals the entire offensive output of Nebraska. 343 yards means you got your ass kicked up and down the field like a JV squad, which is exactly what happened if you watched.

Now, even if you're so blind that you can't accept that, I still have point #2, which is that a top 6 team does not, under any circumstances even if their entire first team gets injured, put up 155 yards of total offense. Period.

You're contradicitng yourself again. You want to disparage the VT vs Alabama game based on yardage and not the points. NU kicked VT's ass up and down the field for 58 minutes but didn't come up with a win, which is exactly what happened if you watched.

If you're so blind that you can't see that the ball bounces funny time to time you haven't been a CFB fan for long. The chemistry and make up of a team is paramount to success on the field of play. If coming back against an inferior opponent on your home field is a feather in your cap, so be it.

I will take a group of men playing in a hostile environment and almost pulling out a win vs a good opponent. If character means anything, I would say that NU showed much more fortitude in our loss than you did in your come from behind win.

You're comparing a 65 yard advantage in total offense to a 343 yard advantage? Really?

Someone do me a favor and make sure this guy is nowhere near any firearms on Thursday night.

Just be sure you lock your own gun cabinet and give the key to your wife before the game starts. No matter how much you try to talk yourself into a win here, nothing you've brought up shows any kind of advantage for Missouri in this game.

Someone do me a favor and make sure this guy is nowhere near any firearms on Thursday night.

Just be sure you lock your own gun cabinet and give the key to your wife before the game starts. No matter how much you try to talk yourself into a win here, nothing you've brought up shows any kind of advantage for Missouri in this game.

Except for the part where your passing game disappeared against a team with a pulse, and you haven't faced a team that has discovered the forward pass.

DocNice,

I'm not sure how I feel about your post on Va. Tech vs Alabama. Do you fail to realize that special teams is just as important as offense and defense? Va. Tech's special teams ripped Alabama a new one. Two of Tech's touchdowns were set up by big kick returns.

Overall NEBRASKA held Va. Tech to 16 points at HOME. ALABAMA held Va. Tech to 24 points at a NEUTRAL site. I know you may want to look at offensive statistics and defensive statistics, but what it comes down to is points, and a lot of the time special teams contributes to the points. Even an Alabama team has a hard time stopping a team when they consistently start with good field position.

I think everyone is quick to discount Va. Tech because of the way they win football games They win games with the field position battle and blocking kicks, and with a superb defense. To try to refute this is illogical because they have proven that it works year after year.

Are they going to be national title contenders playing this way?

Probably not.

But to say they are an average team cause they put up only 155 yards on Alabama is ridiculous. There must be some reason they were winning the game with 13:00 minutes left in the fourth, and please please please don't say its cause Alabama is overrated.

DocNice,

I'm not sure how I feel about your post on Va. Tech vs Alabama. Do you fail to realize that special teams is just as important as offense and defense? Va. Tech's special teams ripped Alabama a new one. Two of Tech's touchdowns were set up by big kick returns.

Overall NEBRASKA held Va. Tech to 16 points at HOME. ALABAMA held Va. Tech to 24 points at a NEUTRAL site. I know you may want to look at offensive statistics and defensive statistics, but what it comes down to is points, and a lot of the time special teams contributes to the points. Even an Alabama team has a hard time stopping a team when they consistently start with good field position.

I think everyone is quick to discount Va. Tech because of the way they win football games They win games with the field position battle and blocking kicks, and with a superb defense. To try to refute this is illogical because they have proven that it works year after year.

Are they going to be national title contenders playing this way?

Probably not.

But to say they are an average team cause they put up only 155 yards on Alabama is ridiculous. There must be some reason they were winning the game with 13:00 minutes left in the fourth, and please please please don't say its cause Alabama is overrated.

:yeah Boom. Roasted.