Winning on the Road against a decent team

"Mine is Bigger than yours" seems to be about all one gets in the back and forth with fans from Misery these days.

It boils down for me that to this point, they look like the better passing team and we look like the much better rushing team. If we can just slow their passing game a bit and into a couple of mistakes and our passing clicks well enough to score touchdowns from the redzone that should do it.

What bothers me as much as anything is what was addressed in HPedia yesterday. A story about the players "not getting too high and anxious to repay Missouri" for the last few years including some beatdowns.

Let's face it, we'd all like to give the Tiggers their comeuppence. There is a lot of pressure on the Big Red.

And the biggest monkey we need to shake is that the only teams we have beaten at their house in recent years are Iowa State, K-state and back in 06, a weak ATM in College Station by a point. That along with a team getting too high and too anxious under the lights wanting to show a large hostile crowd and a national TV audience that they are now the dominant team. I'm glad that we played VT close, but that didn't get rid of the monkey. We have to play smart first and with passion second and poise when adversity strikes. None of these players have experience prevailing in a football game against a good team at their house. Besides the x's and o's they as the warden said "have to get your mind right". Block out what you don't need as a distraction and play from whistle to whisle under conrol with maximum effort. GBR

As fun as it is for fans and sports analysts, previous games two teams played against each other really don't matter. They just don't. Bo's right when he says that it's this year, this team, and this game that's going to decide who's better in 2009. Nebraska is going to get a major road win sooner or later. It's just going to happen. But it's going to happen when they settle down and play disciplined football like they did against VA Tech, and then finish the game.

The players may be ahead of the coaches in realizing that they must win it and they get no chances after the game is over no regrets allowed this time! They are correct in renewing the focus on improvement and execution! Now the coaches must do the right thing regards game management!

Not many times that I recall Solich and staff mismanaged the clock or game decisions. It seems Bo who was part of that staff has not focused as much on this. Some of that game management was drilleed into Solich by TO who always knew the percentages and really focused on this.

I'm good with what's going on right now. I'll be a little more than peeved if I hear one of our coaches nearly peeing themselves talking about the gameplan they have for Mizzou this year.

You'll be disappointed then. From what I saw at practice they do have a gimmick planned. I saw the linebackers and one D-lineman playing behind the safeties who were crowding the line of scrimmage. At the snap the linebackers and the D-lineman moved toward the line of scrimmage and the safeties and corners followed receivers on their routes. Defenders were moving in different directions than the qb normally sees. By doing this, there would be a chance of jumping in front of short passes and taking them the other way or drilling a guy after a short pass gain. On occasion, a safety or corner would blitz and an lb would drop into coverage to confuse the qb. It seemed to be working against the scout teamers. At other times, the defenders would all run around in a circle creating a tornado effect causing either dizziness to the onlooking qb who would stumble to the turf or his pass to get sucked into the vortex. Don't even get me started on the windshield wiper effect play the offense was running - planned to push the whole Missouri D toward the sideline. Looks like a blowout for the Huskers. J/K.