Bo: No blackshirts, yet

My biggest gripe about it is that it's becoming way more of a distraction. I understand that Bo wants the Blackshirts to be a loftily-held goal, but every year we're faced with these same questions. I wonder if the benefit of doing it this way is overshadowed by the anticipation of when they'll be handed out.

My biggest gripe about it is that it's becoming way more of a distraction. I understand that Bo wants the Blackshirts to be a loftily-held goal, but every year we're faced with these same questions. I wonder if the benefit of doing it this way is overshadowed by the anticipation of when they'll be handed out.

Just because it is a big distraction on message boards and for the media does not mean it is a distraction for the team or the defense.

No man, Bo took them away because under Callahan the Huskers played defense like the Pink Shirts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that the players voted to remove the blackshirts near the end of Callahan's term of office, and that the coaches didn't take them away?

Just because it is a big distraction on message boards and for the media does not mean it is a distraction for the team or the defense.

It is somewhat of a distraction. In the press conference this week Suh said that he would really like to get this fourth blackshirt before he leaves here, so at the very least it is in the back of his mind.

True, but the players are being asked about it in press conferences. It's just one more thing. Probably not a big deal, and it's probably a bigger deal to those of us talking about stuff over and over than anything else.

Bo is probably waiting till they do something grt against a very good offense like you see in the Big 12. I actually think more of him for waiting as he knows this game is the one where Huskers find out who they are. preseason games don't mean much and in the one game they really needed to win, they pi** down their legs when they had the opportunity to make a real statement. NU did much better than I and many thought they would so kudo's for that but they still didn't finish the job.

Bo knows this is a key game, lose and they descend back down to the middle of the pack in conference and fall off all the national talking hds minds. Win on the road against the best of the North last two yrs, (whether you chose to recognize that reality or not) rebuilding yr or not, it will bring them up closer to MU and gives him something to build on. Bo and his staff need something to sell these kids who don't remember NU for the grt program it used to be and it was, heck they barely remember what happened two yrs ago.

IF the D does an outstanding job against a very good Offense and they havn't seen one yet, then it could be time to do something.

May the best team win handily, not some kicked ball or silly bounce of the ball decide the game and no injuries! Have a grt time in Columbia!

True, but the players are being asked about it in press conferences. It's just one more thing. Probably not a big deal, and it's probably a bigger deal to those of us talking about stuff over and over than anything else.

Yeah, the allure of the blackshirts needs to be kept in check. The media act like it is such a mysterious ordeal, but it’s quite simple; when Bo believes the team is ready, they will be ready. I imagine the team knows what he expects of them. I guess I can not blame the media, Bo and Suh are rather laconic and somewhat puzzling and do not give them a whole lot to write about at the Pressers.