Is Dennard the new starting CB?

isnt there a lame mizzery site for the anti-Husker talk? is it so bad that the mizzery wanks have to come here to see what proper grammar and spelling "look" like? I will be glad when this game is finally over... I am so sick of mizzery talk.

I'm a little confused; are you referring to me? I'm not flaming at all. I haven't yet in the week I've been here. I'm actually interested in your DIME set considering that's what it appears you will be running against us.

And I'm fairly certain I don't need any assistance with my grammar or spelling.

So, are you guys confident in your DIME set? Have you run it much this year?

I'm not sure of percentages, but I don't recall that we've run DIME much this year. Some against FAU, some against VT, some against ULL.

It bears repeating that Nebraska has largely run a base defense without blitzes or even many line stunts so far this year. We blitzed maybe five times each game, ran a few stunts here or there, and put in some different packages here and there, but for the most part we haven't gotten too crazy with our alignments or packages. Really, we haven't needed to against our SunBelt opponents, and our plan against VT was contain, contain, contain. The defense we run against Missouri should be more up-tempo than against any other opponent so far this season, and it remains to be seen how effective it is.

Our guys are executing quite a bit better than we were this time last year, that's for certain. Better alignment, better gap coverage, better knowledge of coverage and responsibilities, that's what we've got so far. And with a national ranking in the top 21 in Scoring (1), Pass Efficiency(16) and Total defense(16), I'd say it's working so far.

So, are you guys confident in your DIME set? Have you run it much this year?

I'm not sure of percentages, but I don't recall that we've run DIME much this year. Some against FAU, some against VT, some against ULL.

It bears repeating that Nebraska has largely run a base defense without blitzes or even many line stunts so far this year. We blitzed maybe five times each game, ran a few stunts here or there, and put in some different packages here and there, but for the most part we haven't gotten too crazy with our alignments or packages. Really, we haven't needed to against our SunBelt opponents, and our plan against VT was contain, contain, contain. The defense we run against Missouri should be more up-tempo than against any other opponent so far this season, and it remains to be seen how effective it is.

Our guys are executing quite a bit better than we were this time last year, that's for certain. Better alignment, better gap coverage, better knowledge of coverage and responsibilities, that's what we've got so far. And with a national ranking in the top 21 in Scoring (1), Pass Efficiency(16) and Total defense(16), I'd say it's working so far.

I asked this in another thread, but since you brought it up: Do you think out of a DIME that your safeties will play deep middle, or will Bo have them creep up to play some support.

Also, I wonder (and there's no way for you to know) if you will try to blitz a lot out of the DIME.

I really can't wait to watch this game... if nothing else... to watch the chess match between the two teams.

I asked this in another thread, but since you brought it up: Do you think out of a DIME that your safeties will play deep middle, or will Bo have them creep up to play some support.

Also, I wonder (and there's no way for you to know) if you will try to blitz a lot out of the DIME.

I really can't wait to watch this game... if nothing else... to watch the chess match between the two teams.

I would definitely expect us to blitz Gabbert. He's made some poor decisions under duress, and we have much better hosses with which to get after him than your other opponents.

I would definitely expect us to blitz Gabbert. He's made some poor decisions under duress, and we have much better hosses with which to get after him than your other opponents.

Very interesting. I was thinking they'd hold off at first to see if Suh and company can get to him without taking someone out of coverage. I suppose we'll find out in a few days!

Very interesting. I was thinking they'd hold off at first to see if Suh and company can get to him without taking someone out of coverage. I suppose we'll find out in a few days!

You know I said the same thing about the VT game and low and behold on the first VT drive Bo dialed up a blitz on 3rd and long. That backfired on him and VT got a TD. After that we saw Bo let the D-Line assert itself and then as the game went along and the D was in a flow, he started throwing timely blitzes in there to great effectiveness. Not sure how he will play this one, Gabbert has less seasoning than Tyrod but is a bigger threat to beat you with his arm if the blitz doesn't get to him.

As far as moving the safeties up, we might see one play a bit shallower but I doubt Bo keeps both up.

someone on this bd posted monday that asante was limping in practice. after he went down so hard without it being apparant what happened to him just was curious, also what was it?

He got a boo-boo on his leg.

Seriously - you're not going to get injury information out of Bo. Asante's leg could have fallen off and Bo would say he hadn't heard from the medical staff what was wrong with him.

someone on this bd posted monday that asante was limping in practice. after he went down so hard without it being apparant what happened to him just was curious, also what was it?

Tweaked his ankle I believe was the report, but he returned to practice last week and said yesterday that he is basically 100%. He will play.

O'Hanlon wasn't the only one that goofed on that play against VT. West can't just say ole! as the dude streaks by him down the sideline.

Good to see Dennard getting in there, he gives us more man ability and some nice upside.

OHanlon missed a few plays, but West has had more missed assignments. Dennard will be fine.