Greatest NU comeback ever?

Twodocs

How many remember the Colorado game in 1966 Claridge and as thrilling as this game?

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/10/08...b4190006831.txt

"It was just Nebraska’s third win on the road against a Top 25 team — the Tigers were ranked No. 24 — in 20 attempts since Tom Osborne left the coaching ranks in 1997.

The victory also tied the largest fourth-quarter comeback in Husker school history. In 1966, Nebraska rallied from a 19-7 deficit to beat Colorado by two.

It was quite the feat considering how woeful Nebraska’s offense and special teams were for most of the night."

great all the way. but not best ever.

comin back from 17-7 down in the 4th quarter against miami in the national championship orange bowl game of 94. that was way better because it was to decide a champion. and it came with us losing 7 consecutive bowl games (most to miami and fsu in the orange bowl, but dont get me started on the 93 fsu game)

sacking costa in the end zone to make it 17-9 then getting a touchdown from schlesinger and nailing the 2pt conversion. holding them to almost no offense in the 4th quarter and getting the game winning touchdown drive goin with tommie frazier getting a big first down and handin off to schlesinger again up the middle for the game winner. we really killed that miami defense in the 4th quarter. and it was so bittersweet because it looked like the same old game they beat us in for the longest time and we overcame it. almost too good to be true at the time. then boom it was over and we brought that championship back home to lincoln.

as you can tell i really love that game and 94 team.

that one has to be at the top of greatest comebacks EVER.

well, best ever? probably not. But I'd put this game above both games last year. I had pretty much given up hope in this game in the 3rd quarter, not so much against CU or CU last year.

Shame on you. :dumdum

Honest to GOD... I knew when they were down 12-0, they'd still win. Don't ask me how, maybe it was sunshine pumping optimism, or the happy pills, or whatever, but I guess I always feel they can win, and even when I feel it may be out of reach, at least I hope they will fight to the sound of the gun and end on a positive note. I will never doubt these guys under this coach.

I get really ticked when some "NFL" type fan wants to change the channel because a team is down a few points. No, I want to see how the team FINISHES despite the score. I saw how the team finished tonight.

and yeah, I would not classify this as "best ever" material, but it was awfully important in the grand scheme of things for this season for a myriad of reasons. For one, unlike a couple of years ago, or even last year, the Big Red is 2 games away from bowl eligibility at this point of the season. Odds are we won't have to wait until November till they're bowl eligible for the 2009-10 season.

well, best ever? probably not. But I'd put this game above both games last year. I had pretty much given up hope in this game in the 3rd quarter, not so much against CU or CU last year.

Shame on you. :dumdum

Honest to GOD... I knew when they were down 12-0, they'd still win. Don't ask me how, maybe it was sunshine pumping optimism, or the happy pills, or whatever, but I guess I always feel they can win, and even when I feel it may be out of reach, at least I hope they will fight to the sound of the gun and end on a positive note. I will never doubt these guys under this coach.

I get really ticked when some "NFL" type fan wants to change the channel because a team is down a few points. No, I want to see how the team FINISHES despite the score. I saw how the team finished tonight.

and yeah, I would not classify this as "best ever" material, but it was awfully important in the grand scheme of things for this season for a myriad of reasons. For one, unlike a couple of years ago, or even last year, the Big Red is 2 games away from bowl eligibility at this point of the season. Odds are we won't have to wait until November till they're bowl eligible for the 2009-10 season.

haha, im not one of those people. I remember years ago though when I was a kid and Miami was beating us, was it 92 we got beat 22-0? That game I remember my dad getting mad and shutting off the tv, and the rest of the night was me trying to sneak over and turn the tv back on, and him shutting it back off, and so on. I figure you take the pain with the glory, just like the team does. I was just saying that I was feeling mostly pain in the 3rd quarter.

shyndy - I think that was the first and only game I actually cried. (It's ok, I'm a chick, I can admit the crying). That was definitely a low point in history... though, sadly, it wouldn't be the LOWEST since then. However, our attitude is why the Huskers have had 300, soon to be 301, consecutive sellouts. We live and die with this team, always have... and hopefully always will! Born, bred, Nebraska RED!

I hope to make the 350th sellout!