Special Teams

Why did they keep trying to setup a punt return instead of trying to block the punt?

Nebraska would have been better off leaving no one back there that way the chance of a turnover would have been nil.

This is exactly what I thought. Only thing I thought is they felt they couldn't pressure teh rugby kick.

i agree completely, a fair catch or let it roll would have been safer, considering the way our special teams guys played on punt returns....pitiful and it needs to change now.

Exactly, glad I'm not the only one who thinks we should've put pressure on the punt instead of trying for a return that wasn't going to happen. All it'd take was a bad or dropped snap (like we were doing all night). But we wouldn't have taken any advantage in that. I know coaches like to say that the weather doesn't change anything, but you ought to take advantage of it in obvious places.

Horrible weather for special teams, but they still could have done better. I held my breath everytime we were fielding a punt.

Our special teams have been pretty solid before this game, so I think the weather had alot to do with it. If we have problems against Texas Tech and the weather is okay (please let the weather be decent!!!), then I will start to wonder.

It seems like we don't have the "great hands" player this year, ala Nate Swift, that you can put back on punt return and feel very comfortable that he will always catch the ball cleanly. Not worry about a return, just field the ball.

I don't know who our holder is on extra points, but he did a great job. It looked like every snap was just off to his right, he had to turn his body to catch and still get the ball down. Kudos to him.

I think the gunner who went down was Jase Dean of Bridgport.

I was about to stroke out everytime they punted/kicked off the ball to us :bang . Good grief that was bad, of course it looked like a monsoon down on the field.

Yeah me too

It seems like we don't have the "great hands" player this year, ala Nate Swift, that you can put back on punt return and feel very comfortable that he will always catch the ball cleanly. Not worry about a return, just field the ball.

I don't know who our holder is on extra points, but he did a great job. It looked like every snap was just off to his right, he had to turn his body to catch and still get the ball down. Kudos to him.

I think the gunner who went down was Jase Dean of Bridgport.

I think he got hurt earlier in the game but was ok. The young man who's knee buckled was a freshman I believe.