You pick the final score!

epocSoN

Nebraska - 34

TT - 21

Put it in the bank.

I just like our match ups a lot better than theirs for a couple reasons.

Mainly, I like our defense vs. their offense. Even though we played MU in the rain, our passing game got lit on fire in the fourth quarter, which I think proved that the rain had little effect on us and it was more just execution.

Defensively vs. their offense, I'm pretty sure they are going to have a 300+ yard passing game against our defense, but we need to be the bend don't break defense we have been so far this year. We can allow all the yards in the world as long as we aren't giving up points. Their quarterbacks, whether it be Potts or Sheffield (sp?), are both young and inexperienced. They have a road game against Texas under their belts, but Nebraska's defensive line has proven to be better than Texas's so far thanks to Suh becoming the beast he is. The last young quarterback we faced ended up going 17-43 and having nightmares about Suh. I'm expecting the same sort of success against TT.

They also don't have that game changing WR in Crabtree anymore. Sure, they have a lot of talent, but nothing like Crabtree. And thing I love about these spread teams is they spend so much time focusing on getting the skill position players that their defensive and offensive lines usually suck @$$, allowing for teams that play more physically (i.e. Nebraska) to take advantage of their finesse.

Should be a good game, but considering we have most of the same guys back from last year's team that took TT into overtime, I don't see this one going in their favor. We will get TT for the first time in a few years this Saturday.

I'm going to be bitter and pessimistic and say Texas Tech pulls a fast one on us. 35-23 is my final. We struggle to put things away and resort to FGs while we make some mistakes, they capitalize, and punish our young linebacking corps/secondary.

This way, I won't get disappointed.

If I keep telling myself this, maybe I will actually end up convinced they have a shot at beating us.

I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Still a very vulnerable time for a Nebraska fan.

Secretly, I fully expect a 2-touchdown win...but I'm gonna work on lowering that expectation down...cause I don't wanna be heartbroken again, dammit.

In the "I hope I am wrong category" I think our best chance is to turn on the sprinklers and hire a different offense. Although the cliche "Defense wins games" is correct. An inept passing game in the Big 12 will get you a lot of L's these days. TT I think has a much better offense and about the same 'not great' defense, maybe not quite as good as Misery. We may pick a couple off but will not stop their scoring.

TT 38 over 400 yds passing over 100 yards running A dry field and a mobile, accurate QB

NU 23 2 touchdowns 3 FGs 2 turnovers < 50% completions circa 300 yds total offense

Lee is not the answer and the fact that Misery was as stupid in an offensive game plan in the final quarter of that game --thank gawd--as we were the entire game doesn't mean that we can expect the same results with a decent team again. Suh cannot win every game for us and I fear that it will be our offense that is the achilles heel against average or better defenses when playing teams that score.

We need either VAST IMPROVEMENT offensively or heavy rain. I was sure wrong at the start of the third quarter when Green was warming up, because with a loot of help from the tiggers Lee got the job done. I still am not certain it wouldn't have been long term to our advantage. Hope Lee and Watson prove me wrong again. GBR

NU wins this one big... I'll be pulling for Lee though more than anything. It's time we see him play a big (you know what I mean) game end-to-end and show some consistency. He's gotta be thinking the same thing...Let us see it, a break-out game if you will. If we see that from Lee, this is a 35+ point game.

TT knows we are going to be tougher to beat than last year, so they'll be up for us. They'll be able to get the occasional big pass play on us, but that's it. Not a lot on the ground. If they don't score on a big pass play, we'll hold 'em to FGs

Lee appears to be more comfortable at home so there's an advantage, I think he finally got in the groove on the 4th quarter at Mizery, and is going to stay that way. The way he stood his ground with that TD pass to McNeil impressed me. He knows he can do it. If Helu is healthy, we'll have a good ground attack, and Burkhead can get it done as well. Realizing we can beat a good team, let alone a ranked team, will add to the confidence.

Just for fun, my guess is:

NU 34 (4TDs/2FGs)

TT 29 (3TDs/3FGs - missed 2pt conversion)