Lee - What if he struggles again?

beanman

Do people really think that Lee's problems have been motivational? I would think that one way to tell about motivation is failure to spend time to grasp the playbook, and we've heard how many plays Lee has down. I don't really understand the concept of bringing in Green to motivate Lee. If you want to bring him in to give a different look, or think he has more talent, fine, but I don't see that Lee needs a fire lit under him. What am I missing?

It's kind of interesting territory. On one hand you have a quarterback who has shown flashes of greatness but has been overall average and somewhat inconsistant. You know he's capable of making a big play but when the kid is down it's hard for him to get back up without motivation. He's a headcase and it shows.

You can put in Green for a series or two and hope that it motivates Lee to play better. On the other hand if Green starts lighting it up Tommie Frazier style you have a full fledged Quarterback controversy on your hands. Also if you put Green in and he struggles you have rolled the dice that you didn't motivate Lee with that move and instead made him more self consious, less confident, thus causing Lee the headcase to suck to high hell if you try to throw him back in.

It's dangerous territory and I for one hope Lee has the best game of his life, giving him more confidence to approach the rest of the season with.

Green would not light anything TF style with the O Line we have... <_<

Neither would have Frazier. As successful as Frazier was at NU, it's more than clear his success came mostly from the benefit of his surrounding cast. This is not to say he wasn't talented. He was!!! But it is to say he was made from guys around him.

Football is the ultimate in team sports.

It's kind of interesting territory. On one hand you have a quarterback who has shown flashes of greatness but has been overall average and somewhat inconsistant. You know he's capable of making a big play but when the kid is down it's hard for him to get back up without motivation. He's a headcase and it shows.

You can put in Green for a series or two and hope that it motivates Lee to play better. On the other hand if Green starts lighting it up Tommie Frazier style you have a full fledged Quarterback controversy on your hands. Also if you put Green in and he struggles you have rolled the dice that you didn't motivate Lee with that move and instead made him more self consious, less confident, thus causing Lee the headcase to suck to high hell if you try to throw him back in.

It's dangerous territory and I for one hope Lee has the best game of his life, giving him more confidence to approach the rest of the season with.

Neither would have Frazier. As successful as Frazier was at NU, it's more than clear his success came mostly from the benefit of his surrounding cast. This is not to say he wasn't talented. He was!!! But it is to say he was made from guys around him.

nail in the head my friend...

No, but my wife drove one through my hand last night when she "accidentally" misfired the nail gun. That felt pretty good.

No, but my wife drove one through my hand last night when she "accidentally" misfired the nail gun. That felt pretty good.

:blink: yikes, I would rather take a :nutz . I am impressed that she uses power tools, or maybe she shouldn't :lol:

:blink: yikes, I would rather take a :nutz . I am impressed that she uses power tools, or maybe she shouldn't :lol:

I love the woman to death.......but all she had to do was nail where and when I told her. How she nailed my hand into the 4x4 is beyond me.

Do people really think that Lee's problems have been motivational? I would think that one way to tell about motivation is failure to spend time to grasp the playbook, and we've heard how many plays Lee has down. I don't really understand the concept of bringing in Green to motivate Lee. If you want to bring him in to give a different look, or think he has more talent, fine, but I don't see that Lee needs a fire lit under him. What am I missing?

Bringing Green in to motivate Lee only if Lee is struggling. The motivation being, "Start making plays son or you just might lose the job." It's been done and it's worked before.. Like I said what I've seen so far this season shows me Lee is a major headcase. It's shown in his play. When he's down it takes big plays to get him up. You see his attitude on the sideline after big plays. He's excited, he's giving you that joker smirk. he's rolling and his play shows it. Headcases can be motivated in many ways but it can backfire.